Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
2,500,000 members. Thank you!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2009, 10:43 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,744,027 times

Advertisements

2010 SENATE CAMPAIGN: Polls show potential GOP challengers would beat Harry Reid - News - ReviewJournal.com

Quote:
Nevadans favored Tarkanian over Reid 49 percent to 38 percent and Lowden over Reid 45 percent to 40 percent, according to the poll.

Reid's status makes him an icon of the Democratic Party and ties him to Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., and President Barack Obama, both of whom are losing ground among centrist and right-leaning voters in the country.
How sweet would this be?

If the electorate are so happy with obama and the dem/lib agenda, how could such a thing happen?

He's in a pickle, as are other democrats that vote against the will of their constituents.

If the dems/libs try and rahm through UHC on 51 votes, I predict a massive turnover in congress and the senate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2009, 11:12 AM

18,122 posts, read 15,501,844 times
Oh yes, ol' Harry is in deep doo doo here. He has squeaked by on a slim margin for the last three elections. The south carries him as they have a larger population base than we do here in the North part of the state, but that notwithstanding he has come VERY close to losing anyway. When Demahr Dahl ran against hin Harry only came out on top by like 500 votes, and that after an exhaustive recount. This go may very well see him get the boot (hopefully). Nevadans are pretty fed up with this Bozo. Whomever challenges him has had my vote since my 18th birthday, and that sentiment has grown leaps and bounds lately. Trust me, Harry Reid is not a good representitive of Nevada. He is not as well liked here as his campaigners would have folks believe.

Old 08-24-2009, 01:29 PM

4,826 posts, read 14,252,264 times
If it matters, I won't consider visiting your fine state of Nevada to spend any money there while Mr. Reid represents you. I only have a few dollars, but maybe millions of Americans will stay away because of a few of us leading the charge against Sen Reid (NV), Rep Pelosi (CA), Sen Durbin (IL), Rep Frank (MA), Sen Dodd (CT), Sen Specter (PA), even Sen Grassly (IA) if he votes for any more entitlements, Sen Boxer (CA), Feinstein (CA) and the worst sleeping dog of them all Rep. Waxman (CA). I'll not be visiting there, I will fly around if possible, and I will drive around for sure.

I have moved my business insurance from Jefferson County, KY, and I try to spend every dollar possible places other than those where Rep. John Yarmuth represents too.

Old 08-24-2009, 01:30 PM

16,259 posts, read 24,640,521 times
He will win again if healthcare gets done

Old 08-24-2009, 02:36 PM

I think you have that completely backwards, buddy.

ALL the polls show the same thing - major disapproval for obamacare. If Reid is a champion of obamacare and is instrumental in pushing it through by reconciliation, he will lose badly.

Why do you lefties ignore what ALL the polls say? Why do you think your moderate/conservative democrats are backing off a public option?

I'll tell you why - their constituents are opposed to a government take over of HC and they know it.

Old 08-24-2009, 02:39 PM

9,059 posts, read 12,921,261 times
First it's Chris Dodd going down in flames. Now it's Harry Reid.

Life is good.

Old 08-24-2009, 02:39 PM

9,763 posts, read 10,484,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
2010 SENATE CAMPAIGN: Polls show potential GOP challengers would beat Harry Reid - News - ReviewJournal.com

How sweet would this be?

If the electorate are so happy with obama and the dem/lib agenda, how could such a thing happen?

He's in a pickle, as are other democrats that vote against the will of their constituents.

If the dems/libs try and rahm through UHC on 51 votes, I predict a massive turnover in congress and the senate.
Reid is my senator, and I can't stand him. Never did like him. However, I'd vote for him just to p*ss you off.

Old 08-24-2009, 02:48 PM

Every state has it's share of knuckleheads that will pull the lever for a (D), no matter how distasteful.

Old 08-24-2009, 02:52 PM

9,059 posts, read 12,921,261 times
There were enough neo-liberal dittoheads explaining to voters approaching their polling station how they could vote straight party ticket during election day.

Old 08-24-2009, 03:02 PM

9,763 posts, read 10,484,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViewFromThePeak View Post
There were enough neo-liberal dittoheads explaining to voters approaching their polling station how they could vote straight party ticket during election day.
Why do you insist on displaying a lack of knowledge? Trying to coin a new term? Sorry, it's already taken. Neoliberalism is basically equivalent to Reaganomics. (Dittoheads are followers of Rush Limbaugh)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies