Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2009, 02:09 PM

10,655 posts, read 18,656,890 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedaddicted View Post
What would you do if your family was left fatherless, or parent less because some jackhole decided to fly two airlines into a building of innocent people????
Is uncle-less and friend-less becuase on jackhole flew a plane into buildings good enough for you?

That's me, and no one should suffer the way they did in the name of their deaths.

Two wrongs don't make a right - I learned that in Kindergarten.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2009, 04:00 PM

12,711 posts, read 13,473,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Americaloveitorlveit View Post
I am so tired of hearing on the news about possible torture methods used by our military.
As far as I know, we have never beheaded anybody.
Wow...be all you can be indeed. Dare to aim high.

It's all but certain that our bombs have decapitated many folks, as well as crushed, burnt, and otherwise dismembered them.

Quote:
While we are at war, if they need to do things in order to extract information to prevent another 9/11, so what? A "mock execution"? Give me a break! We are not killing anybody. After what happened, a little humiliation and a little fear doesn't seem like much.
I'm beginning to wonder if when obama said "there would be transparency" if he really meant on what everybody else was doing.
President Obama is the Commander in Chief and the head of the executive branch of government; the army and the CIA do not constitute "everybody else."

Quote:
When the news media reports on what the CIA or whatever department, is doing, our enemies also see everything, they don't need to know!
And yet, WE DO need to know. If you can devise a way to inform American citizens what the government our tax dollars pay to support is doing without letting enemies know about it, so much the better. Until you can, you can just cry in your beer over our free press.

It's funny...you red-blooded types are frothingly enthusiastic about torturing (and bombing) folks to "defend our freedoms", but don't seem too happy when anyone actually uses them.

Old 08-26-2009, 04:54 PM

2,224 posts, read 3,612,226 times
I for one am all about people using thier freedoms, but if your going to **** and moan and lump every military person in a group as someone who tortures at least a damn clue about what your talking about. The number of bad apples in minute compared to all those who are doing the right thing. I dont know why I would expect any less from people who fight the war from home and dont share in the sacrafice.

Old 08-26-2009, 06:27 PM

3,105 posts, read 3,289,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedaddicted View Post
I for one am all about people using thier freedoms, but if your going to **** and moan and lump every military person in a group as someone who tortures at least a damn clue about what your talking about. The number of bad apples in minute compared to all those who are doing the right thing. I dont know why I would expect any less from people who fight the war from home and dont share in the sacrafice.

You have those types who think of the military as the guys from Apocalypse Now.

I thought they did a study that shows torture doesn't mean results. That the person being tortured will say whatever to stopped being tortured. How is it benifical to get false information and waste time or possibly put American lives in jeopardy.

Old 08-26-2009, 06:29 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,687,243 times
If they don't then the investigation should show that
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies