Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2009, 11:42 AM

5,041 posts, read 6,214,634 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsupstate View Post
Those two sentences say it all about this weak president.

The fact that the popularity of the POTUS would even be compared to a talk show host, is, well, is very pathetic.

I thought presidents were compared to other world leaders, not talk show host. It is amatuer hour in the White House and it SHOWS. The fact that a president is so worried with talk show host.....get real. Obumble needs to get on with the job of being the public servant we elected and get on with acting presidential (or at least trying to).
I was responding to the comparison already made by the OP. He said that the WH attacked Rush and lost big-time. I pointed out that the WH did not lose. That's all. Don't overblow it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2009, 11:54 AM

7,993 posts, read 12,856,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by idahogie View Post
I was responding to the comparison already made by the OP. He said that the WH attacked Rush and lost big-time. I pointed out that the WH did not lose. That's all. Don't overblow it.
Again...my point. Why is a POTUS lowering himself to attack talk radio host? Really, really weak and imature. When is the boy going to at least try to act like a president? Maybe being president was the wrong job for bambi....maybe he should have had a talk show, so he could slug it out with other talk show host??? That's what seems to be happening. He is president....he needs to act like a president and stop cheapening the office.

Old 08-25-2009, 01:58 PM

5,041 posts, read 6,214,634 times
Quote:
Again...my point. Why is a POTUS lowering himself to attack talk radio host? Really, really weak and imature. When is the boy going to at least try to act like a president? Maybe being president was the wrong job for bambi....maybe he should have had a talk show, so he could slug it out with other talk show host??? That's what seems to be happening. He is president....he needs to act like a president and stop cheapening the office.
Wap-wap-wap.

Pathetic complaints. You'll probably live the rest of your life in a lame attempt to convince people that President Obama is a bad president. And people will laugh at you the whole time - behind your back, of course.

Old 08-25-2009, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by idahogie View Post
Wap-wap-wap.

Pathetic complaints. You'll probably live the rest of your life in a lame attempt to convince people that President Obama is a bad president. And people will laugh at you the whole time - behind your back, of course.
This thread is not about me or you. This thread is about Glenn Beck and the White House, so please stay on topic and don't deflect and go personal.

Again, not a complaint, simply a fact. We have a POTUS who is attacking talk show host. By any standard that isn't presidential. It is immature and cheapens the position of POTUS. These are talk show host and their job as part of the media is to discuss government. If those in power (ie: Obama) don't like what the media is saying, then they (Obama) need to grow tougher skin. To get down on the level of the talk show host and slug it out is hardly presidential. There are better things the president should be doing with his time, like, maybe trying to turn the economy around.

Old 08-25-2009, 02:25 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,861,612 times
Quote:
This thread is not about me or you. This thread is about Glenn Beck and the White House, so please stay on topic and don't deflect and go personal.

Again, not a complaint, simply a fact. We have a POTUS who is attacking talk show host. By any standard that isn't presidential. It is immature and cheapens the position of POTUS. These are talk show host and their job as part of the media is to discuss government. If those in power (ie: Obama) don't like what the media is saying, then they (Obama) need to grow tougher skin. To get down on the level of the talk show host and slug it out is hardly presidential. There are better things the president should be doing with his time, like, maybe trying to turn the economy around.
There is a difference between attacking a talk-show host, and publicly pointing out that the talk-show host is spreading fallacy and attempting to correct those fallacies.

If the President wanted to attack Rush, there are a multitude of avenues open to him to do so.

So please don't talk about the President cheapening the office. The people who cheapen the office are the people who make demeaning comments about the First Lady and the President's children and other relatives.

Old 08-25-2009, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
There is a difference between attacking a talk-show host, and publicly pointing out that the talk-show host is spreading fallacy and attempting to correct those fallacies.
Switch it just a little....these talk show host are pointing out the fallacies in Obama's statements / actions.

Obama has made numerous snide little swipes at various news outlets and talk show host. Cheap and immature. Where is that great UNITER Obama promised to be? Sadly, he has cheapened the office of POTUS.

Old 08-25-2009, 02:38 PM

2,404 posts, read 3,946,937 times
Default Van Jones: Another communist revolutionary sympathizer in Obama's administration

Van Jones was arrested during the Rodney King riots and jailed for his role in the protest. He said of his time in prison, "I met all these young radical people of color – I mean really radical: communists and anarchists. And it was, like, 'This is what I need to be a part of.' I spent the next ten years of my life working with a lot of those people I met in jail, trying to be a revolutionary...

Saul Alinsky's RULE 12: Pick the target, freeze it, personalize it, and polarize it." Cut off the support network and isolate the target from sympathy. Go after people and not institutions; people hurt faster than institutions.

Seems to be par for the course. Dems using Alinsky's rule # twelve to character assassinate leading voices of dissent. And there is doubt a communist revolutionary sympathizer and his non-profit, and a like minded president would employ this strategy against their ideological enemy? Please...

Old 08-25-2009, 02:50 PM

3,153 posts, read 3,592,486 times
Van Jones is an admitted Communist and must go...Obama should be impeached for robbing the Treasury and appointing Communists to his Administration..but we should have expected it..Rev Wright, Bill Aires..judge people by who they surround themselves with...this guy must go...

Old 08-25-2009, 02:53 PM

6,205 posts, read 7,456,256 times
Glenn Beck shouldn't be boycotted, but put under close medical surveillance. I had the honor of watching him bursting in tears, almost passing out in the studio after spelling the word S-O-C-I-A-L-I-S-M...
Although under regular conditions I wouldn't bother mentioning that, (most of these commentators fake their moods) I had a feeling that his outbursts might be genuine. I still hope that I am wrong and he is OK, although what I saw makes me think twice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies