Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2007, 05:44 PM

673 posts, read 4,069,931 times

Advertisements

I say by 2020.

At the rate at which if one looks at the elections and how the percentage of people aproving of gay marriage seems to be increasing in every election I think in the 10 years.

Not even Arizona passed a gay marriage ban and it didnt pass by much in South Dakota.

Its clear the social conservatives are starting to lose some of the ground on the gay issue.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2007, 06:06 PM

341 posts, read 1,487,102 times
Not so long as SOME religions exist with blind unbending followers, homophobic apes or hypocrites.

Old 04-28-2007, 09:15 PM

4,050 posts, read 3,959,677 times
Default Gay Marriage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coyote_Blond View Post
Not so long as SOME religions exist with blind unbending followers, homophobic apes or hypocrites.
You know everyone should be free to express themselves, I've NEVER called any homosexual out of their name, been disrespectful, or advocated any ill will towards them.

I'm a christian, I believe you have a right to do whatever you want in the privacy of your own home, live and love whom ever you wish.

I believe that partners should have a civil union and share to benefits of having the rights to care for the other during illness and having legal status in cases of death, property, etc.

I however have an issue when gay people would try to label those who don't agree with every issue the gay movement dictates to us.

To christians marriage is not a contract between a man and a woman, it is a covenant between God, man and wife. There is No marriage without God to a christian, when someone states we must pretend that this covenant dosen't exist then we are put into a position where any compromise is impossible.

I choose the time and place and the appropriateness of my children's sex education, when someone with an agenda tells me that they have MORE right to indoctrinate my children with their idea of sexual morality and normalcy then you have declared war as far as I'm concearned and in war I'll do all I can to make you a casualty if it means my children would be free from your agenda.

Phobia would mean that I have an IRRATIONAL fear of something, I don't have a phobia towards homosexuals, I have a difference of opinion.

To call someone an Ape is very disrespectful, I don't call anyone F#g, Que#er, or any other name because respect can be given even when we disagree, I can only get that low to call a name when I wallow in the same mud with the name caller.

Some issues between us will never be reconcilled homosexuals, I just listed two; but I can agree to disagree without being disrespectful.

Old 04-28-2007, 09:21 PM

9,891 posts, read 10,823,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattDen View Post
I say by 2020.

At the rate at which if one looks at the elections and how the percentage of people aproving of gay marriage seems to be increasing in every election I think in the 10 years.

Not even Arizona passed a gay marriage ban and it didnt pass by much in South Dakota.

Its clear the social conservatives are starting to lose some of the ground on the gay issue.
Why does it matter? more and more normal people are not getting married these days , why do you suppose homos want to get married so badly? So their not living in sin?

Last edited by silas777; 04-28-2007 at 09:39 PM..

Old 04-28-2007, 09:29 PM

2,639 posts, read 3,225,159 times
When the majority of the nation agree to this, I hope I'm in a far better place.

Old 04-29-2007, 06:41 AM

4,462 posts, read 8,023,360 times
New England, the most progressive region of the country now has civil unions or Marriage; Oregon just passed anti discrimination and a civil unions type law; Washington State is next- California has an existing domestic partnership situation, Illinois is next with anti discrimination- and a civil unions law- New Jersey passed a civil unions law- New York is set to debate gay marriage. It seems the two coasts, and upper tier of states are the pioneers (All voted 'blue' in the last election) I would think by 2020-2025 most states at least will liberalize some laws for gay men and lesbians. Civil unions after that- then marriage after that. A state like Kansas of Mississippi may see civil unions in around 25-30 years.

Old 04-29-2007, 07:59 PM

4,410 posts, read 6,138,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
Why does it matter? more and more normal people are not getting married these days , why do you suppose homos want to get married so badly? So their not living in sin?
We 'homos' would like to marry so that:

...when our spouse is in the hospital, we can see and comfort them instead of being told to wait in the waiting room while they suffer alone

...when our spouse dies, we can legally inherit property instead of having the things purchased by both of us be distributed to greedy, thoughtless relatives

...when we buy property or apply for a loan, we can add two names to the documents without scorn or embarrassment

...and so we can enjoy all the other rights that married people have that are taken for granted

It has nothing to do with religion or sin. It has everything to do with being treated with respect as human beings. Those most opposed to gay marriage are those whose minds immediately aim for the gutter and cannot conceive of the possibility of real love between two people of the same gender--the same intensity of love shared by two heterosexuals. I wish they understood how much this would add to society.

Old 04-29-2007, 08:04 PM

13,640 posts, read 24,509,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
I don;t think that is the intent of most homo couples. I think they want the tax benefits, which as Americans they deserve. I am not gay, but would not deny them certain rights that other Americans have.

Old 04-29-2007, 08:08 PM

2,970 posts, read 2,259,120 times
I don't think the majority will ever accept gay marriage.

Old 04-29-2007, 08:15 PM

1,506 posts, read 4,280,302 times
I don't think the majority of the nation will ever be in favor of gay marriage, but it will be legal in all states by 2017.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies