U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Thanksgiving Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
 
Old 08-28-2009, 01:00 PM
 
Location: Reading, PA
4,060 posts, read 2,506,865 times
Reputation: 836

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
Several things here.
You seem to be blaming the dead girl for driving off the bridge.
i ask the following becasue i do not recall. What evidence was there that mary Jo was drrunk
Read the article I linked. Everyone at the party says she was drunk and left to lay down in a car and go to sleep.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-28-2009, 01:03 PM
 
Location: Fort Worth Texas
12,038 posts, read 4,485,527 times
Reputation: 2305
Quote:
Originally Posted by hummingbirdoc View Post
Who said she had to be drunk? I would never get in a car with a drunk driver and expect the outcome to be good because I can take responsibility for my decisions.

Geeezzz...some of you people are slow. Bush voters, huh?
So you are blaming her because Kennedy drove off the bridge and did not get help for 9 hours.
Blame the victim you must be a liberal voter

Last edited by wjtwet; 08-28-2009 at 01:05 PM.. Reason: typos
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-28-2009, 01:05 PM
 
Location: Reading, PA
4,060 posts, read 2,506,865 times
Reputation: 836
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Teddy like to hear Chappaquiddick jokes;

He's even worse than we thought.
Interesting take on that. I suspect that he asked about what jokes people heard about the topic because he was wondering what was being said, not because he found it humorous. But then, mine's a logical reaction and I wouldn't expect it from everyone. It's more fun to claim he's heartless.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-28-2009, 01:05 PM
 
Location: um....guess
10,483 posts, read 9,612,159 times
Reputation: 1793
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
Blame the victim you must be a liberal voter
LOL, that's pretty much one of the funniest things I've seen. Sorry, you've got it totally backwards. You really know nothing about liberal viewpoints, do you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-28-2009, 01:06 PM
 
Location: Fort Worth Texas
12,038 posts, read 4,485,527 times
Reputation: 2305
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagran View Post
Read the article I linked. Everyone at the party says she was drunk and left to lay down in a car and go to sleep.
So you claim she went to the car to go to sleep and then kennedy just drove off with her?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-28-2009, 01:09 PM
 
Location: Reading, PA
4,060 posts, read 2,506,865 times
Reputation: 836
Quote:
Originally Posted by marmac View Post
It was reported the details of Ted Kennedy's funeral with all the " pomp and circumstance" was carefully planned by Ted Kennedy before he died.

The pinacle of arrogance !
Another straw found to grasp at. How can you not know that millions and millions of people plan their own funerals -- rich and poor, ill or not?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-28-2009, 01:09 PM
 
Location: Fort Worth Texas
12,038 posts, read 4,485,527 times
Reputation: 2305
Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
LOL, that's pretty much one of the funniest things I've seen. Sorry, you've got it totally backwards. You really know nothing about liberal viewpoints, do you?
The Op was blaming Mary Jo for getting in the car. That is blaming the victim.

I know the liberal voice and they do blame the victims. For a further discussion start a thread.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-28-2009, 01:10 PM
 
Location: Chicagoland
41,267 posts, read 24,778,117 times
Reputation: 7020
Quote:
Read the article I linked. Everyone at the party says she was drunk and left to lay down in a car and go to sleep.
How utterly ridiculous AND false.

Please, the entire country knows what The Swimmer did and did not do that night. Your attempt at revisionist history is blatantly transparent.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-28-2009, 01:12 PM
 
Location: um....guess
10,483 posts, read 9,612,159 times
Reputation: 1793
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
The Op was blaming Mary Jo for getting in the car. That is blaming the victim.

I know the liberal voice and they do blame the victims. For a further discussion start a thread.
You're the one who brought up that particular falsehood, so perhaps you can start a thread on it. I don't agree w/blaming her for that accident anymore than I blame other victims of other particular crimes. I AM a liberal & I know other liberals & no, we do NOT blame the victims. I suggest you know what you're talking about before you make absurd assumptions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-28-2009, 01:12 PM
 
Location: Reading, PA
4,060 posts, read 2,506,865 times
Reputation: 836
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
The Op was blaming Mary Jo for getting in the car. That is blaming the victim.

I know the liberal voice and they do blame the victims. For a further discussion start a thread.
Hypothetically speaking, anyone who gets in car that is going to be driven by someone who is drunk is as responsible for his/her injuries if there is an accident as the person who is driving the car. It is ridiculous to argue otherwise.

That said, she didn't get into the car with the idea that anyone would be driving. By all accounts of people who were at the party, she got in a parked car because she was drunk and wanted to go to sleep. Kennedy and the woman he left the party with didn't even know she was in the car until the next day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:32 AM.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top