Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2009, 09:15 AM

8,652 posts, read 17,234,865 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
And name it after him since that was his biggest issue. This is really the BEST way to Honour him and his accomplishments
I want to know what it is going to cost me first.. When you can get an answer to that come back and we will talk about it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2009, 09:17 AM

3,457 posts, read 4,652,197 times
Why honor someone with no honor?

Old 08-26-2009, 09:18 AM

2,917 posts, read 4,765,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
And name it after him since that was his biggest issue. This is really the BEST way to Honour him and his accomplishments
Screw that, kevk. To honor him? Surely you jest. And no, I believe you don't jest. The way to "honor Kennedy" is to openly, OPENLY debate the bill, all aspects of it, all 1000 pages of it, to READ the damned bill, ever how many days it takes for the slowest person in Congress, and to put it to a vote by the people it will most effect, the citizens of the US, as we already know the congressional folks will not take it.

Are you a limey, BTW?

Old 08-26-2009, 09:21 AM

11,486 posts, read 15,301,360 times
How about will NOT pass it in honor of him so he wont be blamed for more of the mess he helped create.

I feel for his family, losing a loved one is hard, but we simply cannot honor someone who has done more damage to our country then good.

Old 08-26-2009, 09:21 AM

8,652 posts, read 17,234,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta Planter View Post
Screw that, kevk. To honor him? Surely you jest. And no, I believe you don't jest. The way to "honor Kennedy" is to openly, OPENLY debate the bill, all aspects of it, all 1000 pages of it, to READ the damned bill, ever how many days it takes for the slowest person in Congress, and to put it to a vote by the people it will most effect, the citizens of the US, as we already know the congressional folks will not take it.

Are you a limey, BTW?
Or a Canadian..."honour"

Old 08-26-2009, 09:23 AM

2,256 posts, read 6,954,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston3 View Post
I want to know what it is going to cost me first.. When you can get an answer to that come back and we will talk about it.

Although this would be something the uneducated mass of America would do so I can see it passing now without even knowing what they are passing.

I'm not even for or against the bill...just give me something that's clearly understandable and transparent about it and in the end like Houston3 said...WHAT IS IT GOING TO COST ME AND WHAT WILL I GET OUT OF IT. Its unbelieveable how many bits and pieces of the bill we hear about but I don't think the average American understands even the majority of the bill. Until then I can't make an educated decision on how I feel about the bill and would therefore now that I think about it be against it.

And BTW there's a whole laundry list of people I'd honor first before this guy.

Old 08-26-2009, 09:28 AM

4,049 posts, read 2,740,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta planter View Post
screw that, kevk. To honor him? Surely you jest. And no, i believe you don't jest. The way to "honor kennedy" is to openly, openly debate the bill, all aspects of it, all 1000 pages of it, to read the damned bill, ever how many days it takes for the slowest person in congress, and to put it to a vote by the people it will most effect, the citizens of the us, as we already know the congressional folks will not take it.

amen!

Old 08-26-2009, 09:31 AM

5,475 posts, read 12,241,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
Oh now that is just a piece of bs KevK.

Something as monumental as the healthcare bill should not be rushed through on sentiment and grief. It needs to be disected, debated and yes even rewritten many times to ensure that the best is being done for the citizens of this country. To rush something on the coattails of a Kennedy death is just wrong.
Surely you saw this train approaching. The press will play this card as will the administration. Pull on the heart strings and honor the liberal lion by passing a piece of cr*p bill. Sooooo predicatable.

Old 08-26-2009, 09:33 AM

11,578 posts, read 13,943,926 times
I hear Obama is already considering making 8/26 the new "National Binge Drinking Day"

Old 08-26-2009, 09:34 AM

5,963 posts, read 12,431,055 times
Honor Ted Kennedy?? For what? Driving off the bridge?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies