Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do You Support Obama's Plans For a Civilian Army on the Streets of America
Hell No 105 78.95%
No 6 4.51%
Yes 2 1.50%
Hell Yes 11 8.27%
Other 3 2.26%
Not Sure 6 4.51%
Voters: 133. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2009, 04:09 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,271,474 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reelist in Atlanta View Post
Anyone can say anything that they want to. You can challenge anything that you want to. Anyone can provide a link to back up a post or a challenge if they so desire. If you provide links I think you will look better and have a stronger argument but its not required. Nobody HAS to provide a link if they don't want to.

- Reel

Big statement about your integrity.
Point made.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2009, 06:22 AM

30,058 posts, read 18,652,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
Just what "Invading Army" would that be ?
The US Army?
The Police?
No- I think Obama was quite clear. It is a "civilian military force", kind of like the SS.

Old 08-31-2009, 10:22 AM

17,531 posts, read 24,687,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hummingbirdoc View Post
Obama is talking about things like the Peace Corps and Americorps. Scary stuff I tell you~

Old 08-31-2009, 10:24 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,384,526 times
its guna depend do you mean my neighbors playing soldier, im ok with that.
do you mean turning blackwater loose on the public #1 priority is house to house confiscation of guns. i dont think so.

Old 08-31-2009, 10:27 AM

17,531 posts, read 24,687,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
its guna depend do you mean my neighbors playing soldier, im ok with that.
do you mean turning blackwater loose on the public #1 priority is house to house confiscation of guns. i dont think so.
And who has proposed that?

Old 08-31-2009, 10:44 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,929,539 times
Quote:
Anyone can say anything that they want to. You can challenge anything that you want to. Anyone can provide a link to back up a post or a challenge if they so desire. If you provide links I think you will look better and have a stronger argument but its not required. Nobody HAS to provide a link if they don't want to.

- Reel
So by your logic I could state that you are really a member of the KKK, your wife is a crack addict and your mother works the streets, without posting one shread of evidence to back up the statements. Come on, no one is going to let anyone here get away with making statements here without asking for some proof, even you ask for it. Want to make statements without some facts and proof to back it up, fine, just don't expect anyone to believe you have any cedibility, because you won't. Now back to the fear mongering subject of this thread.
Clue, this is another rehashed fictional story dug up and presented as new, let's hope it doesn't take as many rehashes as the BC story before the right finally gives up. At least come up with something new now and then, the old stuff is boring and already proven to be what it is, propaganda.
Casper

Old 08-31-2009, 12:54 PM

195 posts, read 427,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProudCapMarine View Post
Do You Support Obama's Plans For a Civilian Army on the Streets of America

Hell Yes !!!!!

Only if this civilian army was to protect people from racists and idiots that want to do harm to other good people. Especially at these public meetings and demonstrations.

Old 08-31-2009, 03:57 PM

1,718 posts, read 2,298,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Big statement about your integrity.
Point made.
Huh? I don't get your point.

- Reel

Old 08-31-2009, 04:03 PM

1,718 posts, read 2,298,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
So by your logic I could state that you are really a member of the KKK, your wife is a crack addict and your mother works the streets, without posting one shread of evidence to back up the statements. Come on, no one is going to let anyone here get away with making statements here without asking for some proof, even you ask for it. Want to make statements without some facts and proof to back it up, fine, just don't expect anyone to believe you have any cedibility, because you won't. Now back to the fear mongering subject of this thread.
Clue, this is another rehashed fictional story dug up and presented as new, let's hope it doesn't take as many rehashes as the BC story before the right finally gives up. At least come up with something new now and then, the old stuff is boring and already proven to be what it is, propaganda.
Casper
Of course. Anyone can say anything they want to. Whether they are credible or not will be determined in short order. A lot of things I post do not come from the internet. I may not have a link. Therefore, according to you, I must be wrong because I can't provide a link.

A call for a link is used by a lot of people to intimate that the post is wrong. Rather they should refute the argument. Calling for a link is the lazy way out. The lazy way out of arguing against the poster's point.

- Reel

Old 08-31-2009, 05:11 PM

3,813 posts, read 4,913,262 times
Quote:
Of course. Anyone can say anything they want to. Whether they are credible or not will be determined in short order. A lot of things I post do not come from the internet. I may not have a link. Therefore, according to you, I must be wrong because I can't provide a link.

A call for a link is used by a lot of people to intimate that the post is wrong. Rather they should refute the argument. Calling for a link is the lazy way out. The lazy way out of arguing against the poster's point.

- Reel
An OPINION does not require a link. Posting as something as a fact such as 'President Obama is going to arm a Civilian Army on the Streets of American' requires a link. But, you obviously have your own OPINION as to what requires a link and what does not. You're entitled to that opinion and the 99.9% of people who post facts with links on the internet are entitled to theirs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies