Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2009, 09:51 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,142,009 times

Advertisements

01:00 AM EDT on Thursday, August 20, 2009
FROMA HARROP
DEATH PANELS? I’ll tell you about death panels. My husband faced one some years ago, and it didn’t involve any government bureaucrat. It was run by our private insurer, the sort of corporate entity that foes of health-care reform say will give you anything you want.
[MOD CUT/copyright]

For the rest of the story....

Froma Harrop: Private insurers’ death panels | Columnists | projo.com | The Providence Journal

Last edited by Ibginnie; 08-27-2009 at 07:48 AM..

Old 08-26-2009, 10:45 PM

974 posts, read 1,586,760 times
Disgusting. I am for Health Care Reform. I just am not sure I want the government running it. Obviously the health insurance companies out there are corrupt both morally and financially. It is truly a scary thought to me.

Old 08-26-2009, 10:48 PM

7,085 posts, read 12,050,618 times
I am not for the government running things, I see them in action every day, but the way private insurances are running things is insane (especially retroactive withdrawals). There needs to be a better option.

Old 08-26-2009, 11:53 PM

11,449 posts, read 14,461,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciaerin View Post
Disgusting. I am for Health Care Reform. I just am not sure I want the government running it. Obviously the health insurance companies out there are corrupt both morally and financially. It is truly a scary thought to me.
Nobody said the government will be solely "running it", except those against it who are LYING.

Old 08-26-2009, 11:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
01:00 AM EDT on Thursday, August 20, 2009
FROMA HARROP
DEATH PANELS? I’ll tell you about death panels. My husband faced one some years ago, and it didn’t involve any government bureaucrat. It was run by our private insurer, the sort of corporate entity that foes of health-care reform say will give you anything you want.
[MOD CUT/copyright]

For the rest of the story....

Froma Harrop: Private insurers’ death panels | Columnists | projo.com | The Providence Journal
I was retroactively canceled by my HMO years ago so they could avoid paying for my surgeries. I found a lawyer to fight and she told me that she'd seen HMOs do the same thing to families whose children had cancer. Their bottom line is money, regardless of the human toll.

Last edited by Ibginnie; 08-27-2009 at 07:50 AM.. Reason: edited quoted post

Old 08-26-2009, 11:59 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,253,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCPUNK View Post
Nobody said the government will be solely "running it", except those against it who are LYING.
Once the private companies are forced to go out of that business and there is nothing but government option left doesn't it appear that they have complete say about the whole thing.

Health care reform would be a fine thing as we really need it but we don't need it so badly and so soon that we have to pass a 1000+ page bill before anybody reads it. I see an ulterior motive in the need for speed on this one and that motive is single payer, which will be socialized medicine.

Old 08-27-2009, 12:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Once the private companies are forced to go out of that business and there is nothing but government option left doesn't it appear that they have complete say about the whole thing.
More assertions produced from your crystal ball. I'd prefer to argue facts, not what you dream up, thanks.

Old 08-27-2009, 07:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post

Health care reform would be a fine thing as we really need it but we don't need it so badly and so soon that we have to pass a 1000+ page bill before anybody reads it. I see an ulterior motive in the need for speed on this one and that motive is single payer, which will be socialized medicine.
You don't want privately run Death Panels to go out of business ???

Well, cheer up! They won't......isn't competition healthy for the economy?

Or do you prefer insurance companies keep raising rates until it's half the wages of an American family?

Have YOU checked on the pace of health care premiums lately? You WANT them to go on rising unchecked???

Why?

Old 08-27-2009, 07:51 AM

C'mon, Repugs! let's hear why you are against "Death Panels" that DON'T EXIST in Obama's health care reform but have NO OBJECTION to REAL death panels if they make insurance executives rich?

In case you're too lazy, or scared, to read the link...the woman's husband died while the insurance comapny dragged their heels and argued to ENSURE that he died before they had to pay.

Old 08-27-2009, 08:08 AM

3,088 posts, read 5,352,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciaerin View Post
So, if the health care companies are so corrupt, and you don't think "governement" can run it. . . what is your suggestion? Fact is, ALL Big Organizations have massive ineffiiencies and waste. . . ALL. . . the one I work for pays lots of money for "improvements" and does the "planning" after the improvements are made, hundreds of thousands of dollars have been spent, and it becomes obvious that the "improvement" has no functional purpose, doesn't even "look good" in many cases, and prevents employees from operating efficiently! Or current two party partisan system does it's best to prevent even the most positive of changes from occuring. The only way to pass a bill is to "SCARE PEOPLE". . . nice healthy situation, huh?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies