Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2009, 10:50 PM

4,286 posts, read 10,766,068 times

Advertisements

NAACP expected to rally for Vick during Thursday's Eagles debut - USATODAY.com

despicable. both what Vick did, and that the NAACP is supporting him.

NAACP has nothing better to do then support a guy who electrocuted, shot, drowned, and dismembered innocent dogs?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2009, 10:51 PM

974 posts, read 1,587,160 times
Agreed. This is not a race issue. This is an animal rights issue. I however believe that people need to give him a chance. He has served his time, lets see if he straightened up any. I believe he has and am willing to give him another chance.

Old 08-26-2009, 11:41 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,838,702 times
That is too bad but if i were there I'd boo him,. Not a race issue at all.

Old 08-26-2009, 11:46 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,261,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciaerin View Post
Agreed. This is not a race issue. This is an animal rights issue. I however believe that people need to give him a chance. He has served his time, lets see if he straightened up any. I believe he has and am willing to give him another chance.
Cass Sunstein has written some great stuff about animal rights. Like that your dog has a right to sue you for not feeding him at the proper time. We can expect some stuff like this from old Cass and maybe over this case.

Personally, I want to see Vick succeed for Michael Vick. He served his time as a convicted felon and shouldn't be forced to keep paying for what he did.

I just like to watch him play and will certainly do so every chance I get. He deserves that second chance just as you said.

Old 08-27-2009, 01:09 AM

459 posts, read 804,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantRutgersfan View Post
NAACP expected to rally for Vick during Thursday's Eagles debut - USATODAY.com

despicable. both what Vick did, and that the NAACP is supporting him.

NAACP has nothing better to do then support a guy who electrocuted, shot, drowned, and dismembered innocent dogs?

The NAACP is just going to make things worse for Vick. There is already going to be negative media attention around him, now the NAACP is going to play the race card and turn even more people away from Vick.

Old 08-27-2009, 01:14 AM

13,815 posts, read 29,387,646 times
I hope philadelphia fails, I hope vick fails, and I wish the naacp would use some common sense instead of constantly acting on race alone.. vick is a POS that deserves all the worst life can offer and the same goes for everyone else like him, no matter what their race or anything else is.

Old 08-27-2009, 01:18 AM

10,503 posts, read 15,563,744 times
I belive that someone does this...they'll do it again. It's like molesters. Sorry, you get no second chance with me. I feel very strongly about this.

Old 08-27-2009, 01:31 AM

41,813 posts, read 51,039,086 times
Vick paid his dues as far as I'm concerned. The NAACP should keep their noses out of it. Philly was probably best place for him, Reid runs a tight ship and he'll find himself on the other side of the fence looking in if messes up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rd2007 View Post
I hope philadelphia fails, .
Prepare to be disappointed. They are already early pick for Super Bowl without Vick, he probably just handed it to them. McNabb and Vick on the same field is a nightmare scenario for defensive coordinators.

Old 08-27-2009, 02:14 AM

2,553 posts, read 2,435,555 times
What is the point of doing that now that he's out of jail and back in the NFL...other than to turn it into a racial issue at this point.

Old 08-27-2009, 07:40 AM

1,140 posts, read 2,074,977 times
The NAACP would never defend him if he were white. It is a race issue for them - they don't care if someone is the worst person in the world, if he's black it's ok with them. These are the same people that rallied around OJ and think Mike Tyson is a "hero". These are people that voted for the most dangerous, despicable person we've ever had in office simply because he's black.

You can't expect anything decent from this organization - they're just out to defend their own no matter what. They don't care what they can do for their country - they only want their country to do, do, do for them.

Michael Vick should never be allowed to play professional sports again. If he were white this same group would be protesting against him being allowed to play.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies