Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2009, 09:32 AM

5,165 posts, read 6,050,636 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmking View Post
You could be right but this time it's going to be different. The Republican party did commit political suicide when McCain was nominated and then the Vice President pick and many other reasons. The DNC committed political suicide years ago. In our two party system you only have Heckle and Jeckle to vote for, and because both parties are corrupt to the core this nation needs a third party to rise very soon.
we need a few parties to rise and keep our R s and Ds in line.

I would love to see the Green and Libertarian jump on the disgust many of us have with the current slew of useless politicians.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2009, 09:34 AM

3,105 posts, read 3,289,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cncracer View Post
I think the rest of the country has moved past those subtle prejudice positions,

You mean like all the black people who voted for President Obama because he is black. Hello pot meet Kettle.

Old 08-27-2009, 09:38 AM

4,586 posts, read 5,476,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Political suicide? Have you been paying one iota of attention to national politics lately? I would reconcile that it is indeed the Democrats that will pay dearly in 2010/2012. Read up on a little bit of history. We are seeing 1993/1994 all over again.
You mean you hope and pray.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packersnut21 View Post
You mean like all the black people who voted for President Obama because he is black. Hello pot meet Kettle.
Really? Race card meet Packersnut21..Since you pulled it, did all those white people vote for McCain because they're white?

Is GOP committing political suicide?

No..They're already dead.

Old 08-27-2009, 09:41 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,218,480 times
Quote:
How can so many of the GOP be so far out of step with the rest of the nation. I just read the article on Rep Lynn Jenkins from Kansas saying the party need to find “A Great White Hope” I think the rest of the country has moved past those subtle prejudice positions, and now I see a major political party leader making such a statement. I feel like I am watching the extreme of their party committing political suicide. At what point will the GOP see it is the moderates and independents that swing the votes, and not the far right nuts?
Can you link us to the article so we can see what it says?

Old 08-27-2009, 09:45 AM

113 posts, read 86,909 times
Quote:
How can so many of the GOP be so far out of step with the rest of the nation. I just read the article on Rep Lynn Jenkins from Kansas saying the party need to find “A Great White Hope” I think the rest of the country has moved past those subtle prejudice positions, and now I see a major political party leader making such a statement. I feel like I am watching the extreme of their party committing political suicide. At what point will the GOP see it is the moderates and independents that swing the votes, and not the far right nuts?
It was a stupid statement, but I disagree with the comment about which party is out of touch. IMO, they are BOTH out of touch with mainstream America. Why? Most of them are career politicians (on both sides). Robert freaking Byrd has been in the Senate since before I was a twinkle in my father's eye (50 YEARS!). Also, most of them are wealthy beyond measure.

Kay "Bailout" Hutchison is worth 6.5 million dollars and she is only the 29th richest person in Congress. "We the people" means nothing to these knuckleheads. They wouldn't know how to scan groceries in a checkout line if you gave them a week long tutorial.

Old 08-27-2009, 10:21 AM

3,105 posts, read 3,289,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tank1906 View Post

Really? Race card meet Packersnut21..Since you pulled it, did all those white people vote for McCain because they're white?

I'm sure some did, still doesn't change the fact that those who voted for Mr. Obama are hypocrites.

Old 08-27-2009, 10:31 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,756,720 times
My current problem with Mr. Obama is he did not tell the Democrats in Congress that he would only accept a health care plan that eliminated private health insurance. That is actually what most Americans want. They want access to medical help without having the cost bankrupt them.

There was no need to open any negotiations with the Republicans that had already decided to stop any Democratic proposals on any topic.

Old 08-27-2009, 10:32 AM

24,392 posts, read 23,044,056 times
Slightly less so than the DNC is.

Old 08-27-2009, 10:35 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,929,539 times
Quote:
The GOP is running scared these days, their attack machine has gone so far overboard that few even listen any longer, and with that their best tactic has become a bust. It is as if they just have no clue what to do next, even though many Independents and even Demos have told them what to do to regain their place at the political table. I, for one, hope they do purge and reform their party, we do need balance in government, but at this rate it may take a third Party to bring it. I would hate to be a true conservative these days, their Party that once stood for their ideals is dead and buried.
Casper

Old 08-27-2009, 10:54 AM

48,502 posts, read 96,816,250 times
he repubicans are doing what the democrats did to Bush. Obama seems to be stuck in a campaign mode . The polls show that his results do not match expectations.His saying that unemployment would not get over 8% if his stimulus was passed;his failure to do anhting on his second prioity of the toxic assets;The worsening violence in afganistan and his biggest problem with a defct at record levels and again he how has to agree that CBO was right on the ten year projection and he was wrong.His problems are not just with independent voters losing confidence in him but within his own majority in the congress; now opposing him. Otherwsie the healthcare bill would ahve been passed on by the majority vote. Commttting suicide ;I don't think so. Finding their voice as the oppostion is more like it.This has seemed to completely taken the democrats off guard as they are not use to be the attcked but doing the attacking.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies