Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Are gays a threat to the public good?
Yes 36 12.16%
No 244 82.43%
Maybe 2 0.68%
Sometimes 12 4.05%
I don't know 2 0.68%
Voters: 296. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2009, 12:23 PM

4,474 posts, read 5,404,259 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Sure. Data and facts that absolutely disprove your contentions are the problem with liberals. They never let facts get in the way of thier beliefs. When the facts disprove thier views, just like Stalin, they simply bury them or try to revise them.

It shows the true hypocrisy of liberalism and the Stalinistic tactics that they rely upon on a daily basis.

You should really read more. Read a little about propaganda, the use of language and political correctness under Stalin, and the Frankfurt Group. Of course, you will not, as you are brainwashed and KNOW the facts, as you have been told by George Soros. He, not God, is the source of all truth. Good boy. Good boy.
What has been offered by you, and your "Family Research Council", are not facts, but propeganda based totally on lies, spin, cherry picked quotes, your bible, and hate.

Just the simple fact that you feel compelled to compare the Equality Movement to Societ Russia and Stalin shows you do NOT have a leg to stand on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2009, 01:08 PM

8,998 posts, read 14,762,991 times
Quote:
Here is a little reading. The facts sting, but you should probably know them, as it may change your views. Look at the DATA, rather than the PROPAGANDA.

Family Research Council

I think that this link answers all your questions, thank you. The left likes to ignore facts and this is just another example. You will deride the source, of course, as you are a liberal. However, data is data and in science, we must accept the facts, even if it does not agree with our initial hypothesis. That is what we call academic honesty, which is lacking in these left wing agendas.
Invoking the Family Research Council?

Too bad there isn't a smiley that isn't falling down laughing.

That's like Coca-Cola putting up a link saying there isn't a link between drinking a bunch of cokes and weight gain.

Do you have any REPUTABLE organizations?

Old 08-30-2009, 01:47 PM

I was bored, so lets take number one through three and dismantle the Family Research Council's "facts". Nubmers 4, 5 and 6 I have already addressed, and dismantled as well.

1. HIV and STDs increase in areas where gay marriage is allowed- it is a public health issue

Quoted from the "Colorado for Family Values" organization, another religious based anti-gay organization, who claims their source comes from the AIDS Journal. Unfortunatly for your organizations, the July 1993 Journal is available online and linked below. http://journals.lww.com/aidsonline/toc/1993/07000

2. Domestic violence is greater in gay "domestic partherships" than heterosexals- it is therefore not a suitable place for children

Yet more spin and twisting. Domestic violence occures in all catagories of society, and there is no indication that it occurs more in the GLBT community than the hetero community. The APA also notes that children raised in same-gendered households show no differences than those raised in opposite gendered household, further invalidating your anti-gay source.

3. Gay divorce rates in Massachusetts are higher than heterosexual divorce rates- they are not stable. There are enough broken families

Mass has the lowest divorce rates in the country, and not even your highly biased and "inventive" source doesn't list this.

Old 08-30-2009, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleLove08 View Post
Invoking the Family Research Council?

Too bad there isn't a smiley that isn't falling down laughing.

That's like Coca-Cola putting up a link saying there isn't a link between drinking a bunch of cokes and weight gain.

Do you have any REPUTABLE organizations?
Whats even BETTER is that they quote OTHER fundie anti-gay organizations in an attempt to look valid.

Old 08-30-2009, 03:14 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,624,812 times
Quote:
I have nothing against homosexuals personally. However, as this thread shows, they are constantly ramming this issue down the throats of the general public and become an annoyance. Work with your legislature to change the laws. If you work with gays across the country, flood a particular state and become the majority such that you can dictate state policy. DO SOMETHING. Don't just complain and annoy people, as this is not an issue that most people care about and are tired of the incessant moaning about this "issue". It should be a private matter, yet the perpetual focus on one's sexuality is strange and shows a preoccupation with a small facet of one's life, rather than true core beleifs and identification. It is irritating to no end.
This is amusing. It appears that if anyone disagrees with your views, you say that they're "ramming the issue down your throat". Really? Can you not handle a little bit of a debate on a message board? That's what this forum is for.

You say that people are just complaining and annoying others. I see a lot more than that going on. A LOT of work has been put into gay rights over the decades. The accomplishments did not come from simply complaining to people like you.

On one hand, you seem to want to tell everyone to shut up and stop talking about it, yet you keep posting on this topic, which suggests that you either really don't want to stop the discussion from continuing, or you just want to pontificate to everyone else and have everyone agree with you. If the subject really bothers you that much, then don't you think it would be wise to stop commenting on it? Every time you make a comment, you help to keep this discussion alive.

Old 08-30-2009, 04:30 PM

7,380 posts, read 15,648,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AxisMundi View Post
I was bored, so lets take number one through three and dismantle the Family Research Council's "facts". Nubmers 4, 5 and 6 I have already addressed, and dismantled as well.

1. HIV and STDs increase in areas where gay marriage is allowed- it is a public health issue

Quoted from the "Colorado for Family Values" organization, another religious based anti-gay organization, who claims their source comes from the AIDS Journal. Unfortunatly for your organizations, the July 1993 Journal is available online and linked below. http://journals.lww.com/aidsonline/toc/1993/07000

2. Domestic violence is greater in gay "domestic partherships" than heterosexals- it is therefore not a suitable place for children

Yet more spin and twisting. Domestic violence occures in all catagories of society, and there is no indication that it occurs more in the GLBT community than the hetero community. The APA also notes that children raised in same-gendered households show no differences than those raised in opposite gendered household, further invalidating your anti-gay source.

3. Gay divorce rates in Massachusetts are higher than heterosexual divorce rates- they are not stable. There are enough broken families

Mass has the lowest divorce rates in the country, and not even your highly biased and "inventive" source doesn't list this.
regarding the last item - there is a claim in that article about heterosexual marriages lasting longer than homosexual relationships. not homosexual marriages, not in massachusetts, but whatever, close enough.

but note that they are comparing the average RELATIONSHIP length to average MARRIAGE length, which is apples and oranges. they also only list statistics about homosexual men. in fact i'm about halfway through the article and i can't find one stat about lesbians, probably because they don't back up the frc's bigoted agenda. they do, however, talk about lesbians as if all of these stats about gay men apply to them too, without ever backing it up.

anyway, hawkeye, the evidence presented in that article is flawed, and circumstantial at best. and after all that, it only backs up one of your claims!

the article claims that homosexual MEN in committed relationships engage in more high risk behavior than heterosexual couples do (again, no mention of lesbians), but it does not say that HIV and STDS increase in areas where gay marriage is allowed.

it does make this claim, but axismundi already pointed out how biased the source is.

it says that heterosexuals have longer marriages than homosexual men have relationships, but that is not a fair comparison. most hetero people don't marry the first person they date. it does not say a single thing about gay divorce rates in massachusetts or elsewhere. as i mentioned before, divorce rates in massachusetts have gone down since gay marriage was instituted.

Old 08-30-2009, 04:30 PM

8,998 posts, read 14,762,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
On one hand, you seem to want to tell everyone to shut up and stop talking about it, yet you keep posting on this topic, which suggests that you either really don't want to stop the discussion from continuing, or you just want to pontificate to everyone else and have everyone agree with you. If the subject really bothers you that much, then don't you think it would be wise to stop commenting on it? Every time you make a comment, you help to keep this discussion alive.

Old 08-30-2009, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by groar View Post
regarding the last item - there is a claim in that article about heterosexual marriages lasting longer than homosexual relationships. not homosexual marriages, not in massachusetts, but whatever, close enough.

but note that they are comparing the average RELATIONSHIP length to average MARRIAGE length, which is apples and oranges. they also only list statistics about homosexual men. in fact i'm about halfway through the article and i can't find one stat about lesbians, probably because they don't back up the frc's bigoted agenda. they do, however, talk about lesbians as if all of these stats about gay men apply to them too, without ever backing it up......
If that's the case, then hetero relationships rarely last as long as marriage either.

Old 08-30-2009, 05:05 PM

30,024 posts, read 18,596,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
This is amusing. It appears that if anyone disagrees with your views, you say that they're "ramming the issue down your throat". Really? Can you not handle a little bit of a debate on a message board? That's what this forum is for.

You say that people are just complaining and annoying others. I see a lot more than that going on. A LOT of work has been put into gay rights over the decades. The accomplishments did not come from simply complaining to people like you.

Not at all. It just seems as though gays always want to make you aware of the fact that they are gay. It is very odd. I would think that information would be reserved for close friends, but not casual aquaitences. It is like the old joke- "how many lesbians does it take to screw in a lightbulb? ONE!!!OKAY!! Chill out some.

I am just amazed and find it unbelieveable that you guys will not accept facts. Your minds are just not programed to accept information that disagrees with all the propaganda you have been fed. It is entertaining, as I do not know many people who have been brainwashed, and the rehashed liberal soundbites and retorts are amusing, to say the least. I did not know that there were actually people on the planet that believed that crap!

To rehash-

1. Gays have a higher HIV and Hep C rates than heterosexuals and gay marriage fosters the spread of disease.

2. Gays have a higher incidence of domestic violence

3. Gays have shorter "stable relation" times

4. Gay divorce rate is higher

5. Gay marriage is not a constitutional right- marriage laws are determined by states

5. Gays have a higher incidence of affective disorders, and the classification under DSM 1 was removed from DSM 2 not due to scientific data, but political forces.

Now instead of just insulting me, actually come up with facts to refute this. Guess what? You can't. That is why you need to resort to the traditional liberal tactic of derision, just like George Soros tells you to do. Does the term "useful idiot" mean anything to you? That is the term that leftist countries use to describe American liberals, as they are practicing sedition encouraged by our enemies, but are too dumb to understand that they are just obediant pawns, with no more introspection than a dog. There is some good old fashion liberal insults. I really think that most of you are just plain "ignorant" (to use a liberal catch word) and do not understand the history of the foreign countries that you love. That is why your views are so nonsensical, as they have no basis in historical facts, only fairy tales. Wake up, get an education, and increase that IQ (that would require taping two liberal brains together).

Perhaps, since you despise Christianity so much, you should go live in a nice Muslim country or China. I think you will find the true meaning of intolerance for gays.

Old 08-30-2009, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Not at all. It just seems as though gays always want to make you aware of the fact that they are gay. It is very odd. I would think that information would be reserved for close friends, but not casual aquaitences. It is like the old joke- "how many lesbians does it take to screw in a lightbulb? ONE!!!OKAY!! Chill out some.

I am just amazed and find it unbelieveable that you guys will not accept facts. Your minds are just not programed to accept information that disagrees with all the propaganda you have been fed. It is entertaining, as I do not know many people who have been brainwashed, and the rehashed liberal soundbites and retorts are amusing, to say the least. I did not know that there were actually people on the planet that believed that crap!

To rehash-

1. Gays have a higher HIV and Hep C rates than heterosexuals and gay marriage fosters the spread of disease.

2. Gays have a higher incidence of domestic violence

3. Gays have shorter "stable relation" times

4. Gay divorce rate is higher

5. Gay marriage is not a constitutional right- marriage laws are determined by states

5. Gays have a higher incidence of affective disorders, and the classification under DSM 1 was removed from DSM 2 not due to scientific data, but political forces.

Now instead of just insulting me, actually come up with facts to refute this. Guess what? You can't. That is why you need to resort to the traditional liberal tactic of derision, just like George Soros tells you to do. Does the term "useful idiot" mean anything to you? That is the term that leftist countries use to describe American liberals, as they are practicing sedition encouraged by our enemies, but are too dumb to understand that they are just obediant pawns, with no more introspection than a dog. There is some good old fashion liberal insults. I really think that most of you are just plain "ignorant" (to use a liberal catch word) and do not understand the history of the foreign countries that you love. That is why your views are so nonsensical, as they have no basis in historical facts, only fairy tales. Wake up, get an education, and increase that IQ (that would require taping two liberal brains together).

Perhaps, since you despise Christianity so much, you should go live in a nice Muslim country or China. I think you will find the true meaning of intolerance for gays.
There is every motivation to insult you since you keep repeating the same lies over and over, despite having them debunked and the truth revealed to you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies