Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2009, 11:53 PM

52,342 posts, read 34,085,385 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaimuki View Post
It appears that corporations like Monsanto want patents on the entire world's food supply. They have won a number of court decisions against farmers in the Midwest and Plains states. Monsanto's goals are far more sinister than they appear to be. No corporation should be able to control the world's food supply and make hundreds of billions of dollars doing so.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaimuki View Post
You're right, I shouldn't have posted they're a corp. Nonetheless, their motives are evil.
oh good lord. did your parents frighten you with scary tales of the monsanto scientist under your bed in lieu of the boogeyman?

the level of hysteria against this company is absolutely nutso. monsanto has no interest whatsoever in controlling the 'entire world's' food supply'

Old 08-31-2009, 07:36 AM

4,465 posts, read 7,978,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
what 50% rise do you speak of?
link please.

Animal Testing on GM Food

http://74.125.95.132/search?q=cache:...&ct=clnk&gl=us

http://74.125.95.132/search?q=cache:...&ct=clnk&gl=us

Here are 3 links; could not find a speific link for the 50% figure in US, but did find mention of it in UK.

I do not know of the causality with scientific standards of proof- nor does anyone.

But it does seem clear that foodborne illenss has risen dramatically since GMO was introduced.

I suggest you go to the (state) Wisconsin forum and look up info on what BGH has done to dairy farming:

From first-hand knowledge, others and myself have seen that it results in increased rates of infections in dairy cattle, and "burns them out" at a far quicker rate.

Another respondent in that state section questioned a link between the way cattle bodies have been modified by breeding over the years (look at a cow from the 40's vs one today), and the changes we see in the shape of human bodies over the past generation or two.

I'm not sure about all this, but I believe it needs far more study that it's been given- which is hardly any.

Because that's the way the big Agri-business companies want it.

Last edited by Geechie North; 08-31-2009 at 08:23 AM..

Old 08-31-2009, 07:38 AM

5,922 posts, read 8,044,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freefall View Post
Pepsi makes Doritos.
The corn in Doritos is not GM.

Old 09-01-2009, 11:48 AM

2,184 posts, read 5,536,070 times
Lightbulb It's creepy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by freefall View Post
Pepsi makes Doritos.
Don't eat it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies