Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2009, 05:05 AM

2,311 posts, read 2,828,119 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by azriverfan. View Post
No what is classic is you are not even a physician yet you have the temerity to call a physician's comments "garbage" regarding a topic you have no knowledge or experience in. That explains your response above.
So you have no response regarding your comments that a hip replacement surgery might be off the table? I guess since I am not a physician my opinion is not as important as yours? So will you dodge the question that you yourself posed? Do you have any evidence that anyone would be denied a hip replacement? Until you actually answer questions that you bring upon yourself I do consider your comments "garbage", especially given there fear mongering tone and lack of substance.

Old 08-29-2009, 05:09 AM

PS I love the I'm not a physician part... I do hold patents that are licensed to companies that provide products for orthopedic surgeons. I have been an active medical researcher for most of my career. I choose to go it the difficult path with a PhD in engineering and apply it to medicine rather than the easy MD route.

Old 08-29-2009, 05:41 AM

8,652 posts, read 17,234,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitchcock View Post
This kinda reminds me of the Elderly patients who were left to drown as their nurses etc did a quick retreat during Katrina. They probably thought they aren't paid enough to try to save their elderly patients.
This kind of thing could never happen in our money led health system.
Back up what you have just said!

Old 08-29-2009, 05:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
This occured in the care room it is a violation of the Code of Ethics.
That's oK I contacted the State Med Board
Show me a copy of that code you are quoting.

Old 08-29-2009, 05:50 AM

10,719 posts, read 20,289,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrJoey View Post
PS I love the I'm not a physician part... I do hold patents that are licensed to companies that provide products for orthopedic surgeons. I have been an active medical researcher for most of my career. I choose to go it the difficult path with a PhD in engineering and apply it to medicine rather than the easy MD route.
I've heard that before: "I could have went to medical school BUT...." You couldn't get into medical school so you did the next best thing to getting your Dr. title by getting a PhD. I'm sure it's a coincidence that you have Dr in your handle or that you work with surgeons. Now you have to tell everyone that medical school is easier than getting your PhD. I'm sure it's so much harder finishing projects on your own time versus working 80 hour weeks on the wards and doing Q3 call.

Anyway,the point is you don't have experience working with insurance companies or the govt for that matter getting procedures approved. If you were a physician and worked for the VA, you would recognize that the govt doesn't just write a check and approve elected surgeries like a full hip or knee replacement. This is why this orthopedic surgeon is skeptical. This is why your initial comment tipped me off that you were not a physician since you were not aware of this. Furthermore, some plans won't cover a hip replacement particularly if the patient in question was not involved in an acute trauma. If the patient is functional but desires one for reduced pain and mobility, plans will not always cover this. But I suppose you are going to tell me that you are super PhD and that your orthopedic surgeon lets you call and deal with the insurance companies directly on behalf of patients.

Old 08-29-2009, 05:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by azriverfan. View Post
I've heard that before: "I could have went to medical school BUT...." You couldn't get into medical school so you did the next best thing to getting your Dr. title by getting a PhD. I'm sure it's a coincidence that you have Dr in your handle or that you work with surgeons. Now you have to tell everyone that medical school is easier than getting your PhD. I get it. I'm sure it's so much harder finishing projects on your own time versus working 80 hour weeks on the wards and doing Q3 call.

Anyway,the point is you don't have experience working with insurance companies or the govt for that matter getting procedures approved. If you were a physician and worked for the VA, you would recognize that the govt doesn't just write a check and approve of elected surgeries like a full hip or knee replacement. This is why this orthopedic surgeon is skeptical. Furthermore, some plans won't cover a hip replacement particularly if the patient in question was not involved in an acute trauma. If the patient is functional but desires one for reduced pain and mobility, plans will not always cover this. But I suppose you are going to tell me that you are super PhD and that your orthopedic surgeon lets you call and deal with the insurance companies directly on behalf of patients.
You are really trying way too hard. Thats all I have to say and I did so in 1/125 the amount of words and 1/.02233 amount of time.

Old 08-29-2009, 06:00 AM

67 posts, read 97,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
This speaks for itself, a new low for the Republicans and the AMA

Politics In The Doctor's Office?

Apparently Dr Ralph V Wilson thinks Old equals Stupid
It's an article on a rag of a magazine that is tilted entirely to the left... Even if it was true, it's just one doctor making a fool of himself by discussing politics with a patient.

Old 08-29-2009, 06:02 AM

10,719 posts, read 20,289,211 times
Quote:
You are really trying way too hard. Thats all I have to say and I did so in 1/125 the amount of words and 1/.02233 amount of time.
That's because you haven't said anything. You are just trying to save face after you had the gaul to call my comments garbage when you are not even a physician or have experience getting these surgeries approved.

I don't have to show evidence in the proposals that a future policy like that might exist because we don't what is entailed. We are basing our suspicions based on how some govt agencies like the VA, Medicaid and IHS work. Since you are not a physician, you don't have experience working with them in this capacity which explains your lack of information

Old 08-29-2009, 06:02 AM

67 posts, read 97,395 times
Quote:
Thats classic. Click on my name. I openly admit to being a PhD engineer. I never say anything about being physician. I have worked with orthopedic surgeons on replacements for quite a while though. Why did you bring up these surgeries in your example if you have no evidence that they would or would not be done under any changes? Could it be do to your fear mongering? Serious hotshot, I've never said I was a physician and never would. I do however have an intimate knowledge of hip replacement surgery that I would love for you to back up your original claims (you know before bashing me for no reason).
PhD = "Phake" Doctor. Or, Piled high & Deep.

Old 08-29-2009, 06:04 AM

Quote:
The next time I need open heart surgery I'm going to DrJoey, Phd... After all he has the better Dr. degree...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies