Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2009, 06:14 AM

2,311 posts, read 2,827,976 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by azriverfan. View Post
That's because you haven't said anything. You are just trying to save face after you had the gaul to call my comments garbage when you are not even a physician or have experience getting these surgeries approved.

I don't have to show evidence in the proposals that a future policy like that might exist because we don't what is entailed. We are basing our suspicions based on how some govt agencies like the VA, Medicaid and IHS work. Since you are not a physician, you don't have experience working with them in this capacity which explains your lack of information
Do you mean, "I don't have to show evidence in the proposals that a future policy like that might exist because we don't know what is entailed?"

This is getting really old. You have dodged my question and pretended that it is somehow a matter of credentials (even though I've been asking the same funking thing for the past however many posts) and you supposedly are more important then me.

Honestly. I have a PhD in engineering. I never pretended to be a doctor in the past 2 years I've been posting I never even brought up my degrees. You bring up your degree every single thread and act like being an MD makes you better then people. I disagree.

If it would make you feel better I could have my wife post for me since she has an MD. I speak for her and every physician (who is somehow better then me) that I interact with every day when I say show me any evidence that something like a hip replacement would be denied.

Quit dodging what you brought up. Quit pretending that you are better then me. I will bow at your feet if you can show me that hip replacements will be questioned by any future health care reform. That is what you wrote, that should be what you stand by.

Old 08-29-2009, 06:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forrest_Gump View Post
PhD = "Phake" Doctor. Or, Piled high & Deep.
Never pretended to be otherwise, whats your point?

Old 08-29-2009, 06:25 AM

Quote:
DrJoey is a real doctor. Didn't you hear. He works alongside orthopedic surgeons. I'm sure he scrubs in on surgeries and does cases by himself.

I've yet to hear you actually say anything intelligent. Can you answer the questions I've asked or will you just try to insult me?

I am not going to bother insulting you. I think you've successfully managed to insult yourself better then I ever could.

Old 08-29-2009, 06:27 AM

10,719 posts, read 20,287,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrJoey View Post
Do you mean, "I don't have to show evidence in the proposals that a future policy like that might exist because we don't know what is entailed?"

This is getting really old. You have dodged my question and pretended that it is somehow a matter of credentials (even though I've been asking the same funking thing for the past however many posts) and you supposedly are more important then me.

Honestly. I have a PhD in engineering. I never pretended to be a doctor in the past 2 years I've been posting I never even brought up my degrees. You bring up your degree every single thread and act like being an MD makes you better then people. I disagree.

If it would make you feel better I could have my wife post for me since she has an MD. I speak for her and every physician (who is somehow better then me) that I interact with every day when I say show me any evidence that something like a hip replacement would be denied.

Quit dodging what you brought up. Quit pretending that you are better then me. I will bow at your feet if you can show me that hip replacements will be questioned by any future health care reform. That is what you wrote, that should be what you stand by.
I see your angle. I've answered your question but you will repeat it knowing you have no other recourse at this point. You are going to state my opinion is garbage regarding the possibility that the govt could set these restrictions. Please tell us how your experience qualifies you to make that statement considering you are not a physician nor do you have experience getting surgeries approved by the govt. or insurance plans. You are right, I have insulted myself by engaging in an argument with a person who isn't qualified to judge my opinion. I should have ignored you a long time ago.

Old 08-29-2009, 06:29 AM

Quote:
I see your angle. I've answered your question
WHERE?

And I'm serious. You never answered anything.

Old 08-29-2009, 06:39 AM

Quote:
WHERE?

And I'm serious. You never answered anything.
I never said the govt would do this for sure. I said it was a possibility that they could do this. That's all i said yet you interpreted that to mean I was fear mongering and taking sides. I base that on my experience working in the VA and directly observing how the govt has not approved of full hip and knee replacements in veterans based on criteria that isn't limited to age but age is a consideration because morbidity is factored in. I don't know what more you want. I was just suprised that someone who isn't even in medicine would have the gaul to be so opinionated on a topic he knows little about. Your initial comments were completely out of line.

Old 08-29-2009, 06:49 AM

8,652 posts, read 17,234,034 times
Quote:
As opposed to who?

I am currently working on engineering imaging systems. I build machines and write code that you will most likely benefit from in the future.

The next time you get open heart surgery if they cut you open and want to monitor your surgery in real-time it will likely be due to me, or someone like me who has developed the instrumentation that is keeping you alive. So please kiss the ass of the moron who doesn't know what he's doing but shows you his face because I am happy in the background without the acknowledgement.
You made statement that you had the better Dr. degree... If I am wrong please point it out to me.

Old 08-29-2009, 06:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston3 View Post
My daughter is an RN and she works alongside Doctors more than DrJoey does...LOL
His entire argument is that if there is nothing explicitly written in the house proposals stating how procedures are to be authorized then such a rule doesn't exist and that we shouldn't even discuss the possibility because that is fear mongering despite the fact that physicians working in the VA or other govt agencies have experience dealing with elective orthopedic surgeries being denied....something he has no experience with.

Old 08-29-2009, 06:54 AM

8,652 posts, read 17,234,034 times
Quote:
His entire argument is that if there is nothing explicitly written in the house proposals stating how procedures are to be authorized then such a rule doesn't exist and that we shouldn't even discuss the possibility because that is fear mongering despite the fact that physicians working in the VA or other govt agencies have experience dealing with elective orthopedic surgeries being denied....something he has no experience with.
I use the VA and I know how they ration health care to us Veterans.

Old 08-29-2009, 06:55 AM

Quote:
I never said the govt would do this for sure. I said it was a possibility that they could do this. That's all i said yet you interpreted that to mean I was fear mongering and taking sides. I base that on my experience working in the VA and directly observing how the govt has not approved of full hip and knee replacements in veterans based on criteria that isn't limited to age but age is a consideration because morbidity is factored in. I don't know what more you want. I was just suprised that someone who isn't even in medicine would have the gaul to be so opinionated on a topic he knows little about. Your initial comments were completely out of line.
If you honestly cannot say that your original post did not imply that simple outpatient procedures like a hip replacement would not be available to the majority of people under the proposed bills then you have yet to answer my question. I never mentioned the VA, which by the way my wife has worked at as an MD for the past 5 years, you did. And you did for no reason other then to pretend to know better then me after I questioned your (yes YOUR) original response to this thread.

Moderator cut: Personal Attacks

Last edited by gallowsCalibrator; 08-29-2009 at 09:24 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies