Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2009, 09:32 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,756,720 times

Advertisements

A deal made by the military empire building Bushistas is not binding on any one. It was a fraud then and it is a fraud now.

Why do you care? Do you own stock in the company that was going to build this thing? If you do, tell them to get into another business or you can just cash out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2009, 09:34 AM

37,959 posts, read 22,134,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandproud View Post
Wait let me understand this...your bytching because the President is looking at cost to avoid adding to the already growing deficit, the same deficit that EVERYONE including the right has been hammering for months...
RIGHT
0bama is not interested is reducing spending, don't make me laugh.

Old 08-28-2009, 09:35 AM

8,289 posts, read 23,098,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandproud View Post
Ok, then in that case, the U.S put a hold on this because of Money issues. I still don't see the problem.
I'm not against a hold but not a "hold" that turns into 25yrs. Also the fact the Hilary disagrees and so does C.Rice tells you that obama is not doing the best thing here. The US is also entertaining the idea of putting one in Israel or Russian if we don't do the Poland one.

Poland and the US have teamed up since 1988 and since then Poland has opened it's doors to US investors and government help and programs to draw the nations economy's closer. Their a lot of US companies now that have a Polish hdqrs and Polish branches and the same for a lot of Polish companies that are now doing business in the US. Poland has the strongest and fastest growing economy in Europe in part thanks to their willingness to "play ball" with the US in trade agreements. All I'm saying for the US's second biggest Allies this is no way to treat them.

Old 08-28-2009, 09:39 AM

8,289 posts, read 23,098,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
A deal made by the military empire building Bushistas is not binding on any one. It was a fraud then and it is a fraud now.

Why do you care? Do you own stock in the company that was going to build this thing? If you do, tell them to get into another business or you can just cash out.
Hang on here, I know I have a tin hat around here somewhere Oh wait are those black helicopters following me?

Yeah I own stock in Poland Ah we are still bringing up Bush.

This wasn't bushes ideas it was Condy's Colin Powell and the military. You know if your not worried about being safe in the US then good for you I'd rather error on the side of safety for my country and the future kids of the USA.

Old 08-28-2009, 09:42 AM

1,389 posts, read 3,532,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
as far as I can tell from the least slanted link you provide -- the BBC article -- it's being looked at for costs -- not abandoned. The other links are guesses and "it appears" based on one interpretatin of one Polish news article, or editorial, not sure which. In any case no decision until Sept. -- these editorials saying it's a done deal are fear-mongering.

Poland expects U.S. decision on shield in September | Reuters

".... Barack Obama has said he needs to review the costs and viability of the controversial plan."
Since when has cost caused him to take a step back?

Old 08-28-2009, 09:51 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,141,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milwaukee City View Post
Obama worried about cost? since when. If you believe he is worried about cost then you might be the most naive person in the world. This was a done deal already, why go back on it! besides Poland sent over thousands of troops to help the war, Poland has done a lot for the US. Poland was looking forward to having the US help build up it's military in exchange for the defense system.
when was it a done deal? it's not to be decided on until September.

"Obama worried about cost," lol. Of course they're worried about costs and spending, 2010 and 2012 depend on it. The Obama Admin will release its mid-session budget update in September.

Old 08-28-2009, 10:42 AM

1,474 posts, read 2,917,326 times
Quote:
I'm sorry but I have had it with this president. I'm didn't vote for the guy but at the same time I wasn't completely opposed to him being president. I was 80/20 against him, but I have had it now with his stupid obama care and now he screws over Polska and Czech after we supported this country in everything for the last 20 years. The US's two biggest allies are UK and Poland and now he just wants to pull the Missile defense system after we agreed on the whole deal...BAD BUSINESS. I'm furious you have no idea.

There is no reason to do this now, what happens now. There is no upside to this. Now Russia thinks it has the upper hand and we pander to another nation. I'm all for diplomacy but this is a walk in the opposite direction. There is no reason to scrap this idea especially when the two sides already agreed and then Obama gets elected and says to hell with it we are scrapping the Missile defense system.

EDITORIAL: Obama jilts Poland and the Czech Republic - Washington Times

Obama Officially Abandons Missile Defense in Europe » The Foundry

BBC NEWS | Europe | Obama denies Poland missile vow
Has anyone asked someone from Poland or Czech Republic what they think about this?

Old 08-28-2009, 11:06 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,756,720 times
I would rather be "safe" THAN JUST THINK I WAS "SAFE". This missile shield is just a joke covering up another back door corporate subsidy. Useless waste of money, time and effort only designed to make us believe in the GREAT REPUBLICAN WAY.

Old 08-28-2009, 11:35 AM

9,763 posts, read 10,523,473 times
Being from Milwaukee (and Chicago?), I'm betting the OP is Polish. Are you Polish, OP?

Old 08-28-2009, 11:39 AM

9,763 posts, read 10,523,473 times
Quote:
Hang on here, I know I have a tin hat around here somewhere Oh wait are those black helicopters following me?

Yeah I own stock in Poland Ah we are still bringing up Bush.

This wasn't bushes ideas it was Condy's Colin Powell and the military. You know if your not worried about being safe in the US then good for you I'd rather error on the side of safety for my country and the future kids of the USA.
Err on the side of safety? That doesn't make any sense at all. When dealing with safety, if you make an error, you are in danger.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies