Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2009, 07:36 PM

1,519 posts, read 1,626,300 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Correct... It was considered a dud, but a dud that came damn close and they knew why it was a dud. Meanining they only needed to tweak it . Japan loosing the war and with a history of no mercy would have used as many of the bombs without warning and without conditions as they could manufacture.
Some educational reading for those who rely on public school education. This will help you understand Japans point of view leading up to the war and Pearl Harbor.
At Dawn We Slept.
You will see that Japan had a mission of Conquest of all Asia.
There are many accurate non-biased books . Read a few of them. Unlike American History 10th grade these books actually go into real detail and are fact based.
Read about Saipan and Iwo Jima, about Okinawa. Then decide weather or not the A-Bombs were the right choice at the time.
This is conjecture.
Japan could have/would have/might have : all of this is conjecture.

I have no difficulty with anyone defending a point of view but citing Sino-Nippon war, to justify Hiroshima and Nagasaki is obtuse to say the least.

Now you go on to say that if Japan had atom bombs they would have used them too.
Conjecture.

the fact is that the Japanese didn't have atomic bombs.
In fact Germany was in the process of helping Japan develop the bomb toward the end of the war.
Hitler attempted to send them a U-boat fuel of uranium in the very last days of the war in Europe.
That's how far away they were from having an a-bomb.
The Japanese were at least to years away from developing the bomb at that point in time.

Which still does not justify the excuse used by America to justify the dropping of their two atomic bombs on the civilian populations of Hiroshima and Nagasaki.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2009, 07:37 PM

2,917 posts, read 4,752,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indurain View Post
This is conjecture.

I have no difficulty with anyone defending a point of view but citing Sino-Nippon war, to justify Hiroshima and Nagasaki is obtuse to say the least.

Now you go on to say that if Japan had atom bombs they would have used them too.
Conjecture.

In fact Germany was in the process of helping Japan develop the bomb toward the end of the war.
Hitler attempted to send them a U-boat fuel of uranium in the very last days of the war in Europe.
The Japanese were at least to years away from developing the bomb at that point in time.

Which still does not justify the excuse used by America to justify the dropping of their two atomic bombs on the civilian populations of Hiroshima and Nagasaki.
Oh, well! Let me know when you get your book published when you rewrite history, k?

Old 08-28-2009, 07:38 PM

15,083 posts, read 20,406,955 times
Quote:
Japan didn't invade the USA : they did attack Pearl Harbour and declared war on the USA.

And I am not debating the fact that your country dropped two atomic bombs on Japan in 1945.

I am debating the excuse used by your country to try to justify it's use of
two weapons of mass destruction in 1945.
That's the justification.

Old 08-28-2009, 07:41 PM

12,711 posts, read 13,434,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by parfleche View Post
well hell why didnt you mention that in your origional post? we did it to kick Japans ass and make them surrender and quit.can you understand that
I can understand why all sorts of murders and mass murders occur. Understanding does not mean excusing.

Old 08-28-2009, 07:41 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,151,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djacques View Post
Nobody "invaded" the United States. Japan attacked a military base in a stolen colonial territorial possession in the middle of the ocean, and they did so following a long period of provocations--intentional ones (google "McCollum memo") by the United States.
Blah blah blah same lame crap.
Japan attacked yet another foreign power within the Pacific Ocean.
Occupation of Korea was not enough, occupation and war in China was not enough they wanted all of Asia. Why? Because Japan is resourse poor. They wanted what their neighbors had and were taking it by brute force.
A country that is invading their neighbors murdering and Raping a civilian population counted in the hundreds of thousands in 1 city alone has no moral high ground.
Oh wait let me pull some propaganda Japan used.
We are simply trying to unify Asia and liberate Asia from western Powers.
Some victim you have here.

Old 08-28-2009, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKEETC View Post
That's the justification.
You cited mustard gas, dead carcasses, firebombing, etc, earlier.

Old 08-28-2009, 07:46 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,151,291 times
Quote:
This is conjecture.

Conjecture.

Given how many facts you have gotten wrong already you will excuse me if I LOL at this post.

Old 08-28-2009, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta Planter View Post
Oh, well! Let me know when you get your book published when you rewrite history, k?
U-234 is an historical fact.

German submarine U-234 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

15,083 posts, read 20,406,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djacques View Post
Nobody "invaded" the United States. Japan attacked a military base in a stolen colonial territorial possession in the middle of the ocean, and they did so following a long period of provocations--intentional ones (google "McCollum memo") by the United States.
Are you saying our position should have been to do nothing? The Japanese attacked and destroyed our military assets and was an opening act. I don't know about you, but if I'm holding a gun and you're holding a gun, and you knock my gun out of my hand but continue holding your's, I think that's a prelude to something and I'd better get ready.

12,711 posts, read 13,434,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Blah blah blah same lame crap.
Japan attacked yet another foreign power within the Pacific Ocean.
Occupation of Korea was not enough, occupation and war in China was not enough they wanted all of Asia. Why? Because Japan is resourse poor. They wanted what their neighbors had and were taking it by brute force.
A country that is invading their neighbors murdering and Raping a civilian population counted in the hundreds of thousands in 1 city alone has no moral high ground.
Oh wait let me pull some propaganda Japan used.
We are simply trying to unify Asia and liberate Asia from western Powers.
Some victim you have here.
Well, wtf we were doing occupying Hawaii, never mind the Phillipines, is a pretty good question. But the "victims" of the atomic bombs were not at Pearl Harbor nor Nanking nor even in Tokyo, they were in their homes, in their own country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies