Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2009, 11:02 AM

19,567 posts, read 21,870,208 times

Advertisements

Actually the 'Professor' was not dragged from his own home....

And in the OP,how is protesting at a political event somehow illegal???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2009, 11:03 AM

17,531 posts, read 24,698,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Hot Air » Blog Archive » Video: “This used to be America!” “It ain’t no more, okay?”

Get this unAmerican officer fired on the spot!!! How dare he say "I can charge you with whatever I want!"....well officer that is not the law over here, maybe he should be send to Cuba or some place else with his racism and facism!
It's Virginia, he's somebody's cousin, you're not

Old 08-29-2009, 11:05 AM

4,586 posts, read 5,478,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
Actually the 'Professor' was not dragged from his own home....

And in the OP,how is protesting at a political event somehow illegal???
He wasn't dragged because he wasn't resisting being arrested IN HIS OWN HOME! This guy actually resisted what the Officer instructed him to do on school property. I don't know the laws in that school district but offensive signs may not be allowed. This is the person that should've been arrested. That cop was more than accomadating and lost his cool with the stupid "not anymore" comment.

Old 08-29-2009, 11:10 AM

30,065 posts, read 18,665,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhouse2001 View Post
You people are idiots. You're blaming the liberals and the left. How large a sign do I need to make to point out how freaking stupid you are? Should I replace the Hollywood sign?

The actions of this police officer are exactly what occurred in all corners of our country during the Bush years and they continue unabated under Obama. The partisanship you display clearly exposes the holes in your heads and how truly unAmerican you are. In an instance when Americans should be rallying IN UNITY for support of their Constitutional rights, you're blaming anyone who doesn't agree with your views. It's THEIR fault. Yeah, that's right, go ahead and add to the destruction. Fools. You can't tell your enemies from your friends.
There is that liberal buzz word, "idiot". You guys need to revise the dictionary of liberalism, first edition, and come up with something new. You fortunately did not weave 'racism" and "Dick Cheney" into your response.

Facism and oppression of the rights of US citizens has been the special domain of the democratic party. "It aint no more"- in reference to the statement that we are not in America anymore. How true. The dems have suppressed free speech whenever possible and used thuggery seen only in authoritarian regimes against thier own citizens. So much for "progressive". Let's see................. Ruby Ridge, Waco, Elian Gonzales, imprisonment of Japanese US citizens in ww2, violent suppression of "pension army" by Roosevelt in 1932. The dems seem to love the use of the authorites to suppress rights and kill its own citizens.

Want to bet that there will be no investigation of the cop? Why? He is a dem and is doing 'work" for Obama.

Old 08-29-2009, 11:12 AM

19,567 posts, read 21,870,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tank1906 View Post
He wasn't dragged because he wasn't resisting being arrested IN HIS OWN HOME! This guy actually resisted what the Officer instructed him to do on school property. I don't know the laws in that school district but offensive signs may not be allowed. This is the person that should've been arrested. That cop was more than accomadating and lost his cool with the stupid "not anymore" comment.
Again protesting at a political event is not illegal....what seems to be at the center of this is the poster was anti-Obama and that doesn't seem to sit well.

It is a pity people cannot put aside their political beliefs to protect freedom....but it is typical.

Old 08-29-2009, 11:14 AM

1,031 posts, read 1,314,351 times
That cop should have tasered that Right-wing thug.

Old 08-29-2009, 11:21 AM

5,638 posts, read 6,516,173 times
I don't know what the laws are in VA. If its true that these protesters were breaking the law, then I don't have an issue with how the police handled some of this. However, I do have issues with the following:

1.) Although I don't agree with the message theses protesters are trying to send out, who is to decide what is and what is not offensive. Free speech is free speech.

2.) The policeman saying he can charge the guy with whatever he wants. Talk about abuse by the Man. What BS!

3.) Free speech is not allowed in certain places

4.) This is America, pleads the protester, "it aint no more" says Officer Cheeks.

Old 08-29-2009, 11:21 AM

689 posts, read 743,016 times
Those two cops looked like a couple old dudes about two weeks from retirement that got an off-duty gig for a little extra money. They likely have been riding the pine in some obscure area of the department and couldn't even fill out the paperwork it would take to arrest someone. Hence the answer and the walking away in confusion...

Old 08-29-2009, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Want to bet that there will be no investigation of the cop? Why? He is a dem and is doing 'work" for Obama.
Good, and that's the way it should be. I guess it kind of sucks when the shoe's on the other foot, huh? The suppression of free speech by the police has been an issue that many on the left have spoken of, written about, researched and protested against over decades. And there has never been a word of support by anyone on the Right. It's too late in the day for anyone of you clowns on the Right to act like you give a damn about free speech.

Old 08-29-2009, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaimuki View Post
2.) The policeman saying he can charge the guy with whatever he wants. Talk about abuse by the Man. What BS!
Not at all. This is very much true. Black people have always known this about the police. Why do you think that there exist so much tension between the African-American community and the police? The Left has also known this to be the truth, and now Right-winger losers are finding it out also. But I won't have any compassion on them, rather I'm going to enjoy seeing them suffer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies