Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2009, 01:14 PM

8,237 posts, read 13,518,581 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tank1906 View Post
At least the 2nd thread on this. It's just a bonehead guy wanting to hang an offensive sign on school property that wasn't allowed and the cop WHO NEVER said anything about RACE got pissed and made the stupid "This aint America no more statement". That about sums it up.

THE OP IS CLEARLY RACE BAITING.

the OP is race baiting? The so-called cop did a fine job of that on his own.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2009, 01:16 PM

7,380 posts, read 15,675,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromekitty View Post
the OP is race baiting? The so-called cop did a fine job of that on his own.
what did he say about race in that exchange?

is it to be assumed that because he's black and the guy he's talking to is white, that he is racist?

isn't that the exactly the same kind of assumption you and your ilk dismiss and call race-baiting when the roles are reversed?

Old 08-31-2009, 01:17 PM

7,993 posts, read 12,861,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by groar View Post
like i said, he was out of line.

i'm repeating myself from the other thread, but i find it interesting that not one person on the right has said anything about the way he's shrieking at the cop. i have a feeling that if it was an anti-war protester in that situation (and many, many of them have been), people on the right would say he deserved to be arrested, tasered, beaten for acting so disrespectful to a cop.

it wouldn't have been right, but i wouldn't have been surprised if he was arrested. you just don't talk to a cop that way.

tell me, what did you think about the mass arrests at virtually every large protest in the last 5-10 years? what do you think about the arrests of people who were simply standing in the streets during a protest, let alone people who were simply protesting, or filming the police as the guy in this video is doing, only without the yelling? does that outrage you as much as this guy getting hassled?

another parallel from the other thread:

a harvard professor is approached by the police when he is doing nothing wrong. he becomes belligerent. he is arrested. the right says "yay!"

a town hall protester is approached by the police when he is doing nothing wrong. he becomes belligerent. nothing of any consequence really happens to him. the right says "boooo!"

again, the cop was in the wrong. he should be disciplined, and he should not be acting that way. but the hypocrisy here is staggering. granted, i saw it from the left in the other thread too, with people saying he should have been tasered, etc.
You clearly need Webster's help to define "belligerent". From what I saw on this clip, the guy with the sign continued only to question his civil rights. He never became abusive toward the cop nor did he call the cop a name or make it personal. The guy with the sign simply stood his ground and kept asking the cop to explain his actions, which the cop could not do. The guy with the sign clearly had his rights violated.

Old 08-31-2009, 01:18 PM

um, he was yelling at the guy and calling him a fascist.

yes, he had his rights violated. but he was also screaming at the top of his lungs.

Old 08-31-2009, 01:20 PM

Quote:
what did he say about race in that exchange?

is it to be assumed that because he's black and the guy he's talking to is white, that he is racist?

isn't that the exactly the same kind of assumption you and your ilk dismiss and call race-baiting when the roles are reversed?

if it wasn't a racial issue, then the cop clearly would have been able to tell the person what exactly it was he was doing wrong. He could not...he lost his cool, showed his stupidity and that he is not worthy of wearing that uniform.

Old 08-31-2009, 01:20 PM

243 posts, read 343,269 times
What a racist sign....let those fools take signs like that to townhalls to expose their real issue.

You don't paint the face of an African American President....white.

SAD!

Old 08-31-2009, 01:22 PM

Quote:

yes, he had his rights violated. but he was also screaming at the top of his lungs.

just like anyone would white, black or green with purple polka dots would that were having their rights violated. Just like YOU would be doing.

Old 08-31-2009, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromekitty View Post
if it wasn't a racial issue, then the cop clearly would have been able to tell the person what exactly it was he was doing wrong. He could not...he lost his cool, showed his stupidity and that he is not worthy of wearing that uniform.
so the only possible explanation is that it was a racial issue?

i think it was a political issue. that sign makes *me* angry, and i'm not black.

he doesn't have the right to tell people to put away signs he doesn't like, but his race and the race of the guy holding the sign is not the only possible explanation for why he didn't like the sign.

the right always accuses the left and minorities of seeing racism in every incident, well congratulations, you're the pot calling the kettle african american apparently.

Old 08-31-2009, 01:24 PM

Quote:

ummmm.....
You can also find the definition of screaming by using Websters.

The man with the sign is actually talking lower than the cop for the entire time.....until the very end. At the end, when the cop walks away is the only time the man with the sign raises his voice.

I think I'll get that sign on a T-shirt and wear it around for fun.......

Old 08-31-2009, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hummingbirdoc View Post
What a racist sign....let those fools take signs like that to townhalls to expose their real issue.

You don't paint the face of and African American President....white.

SAD!
Get a clue. The face is painted as "The Joker". Know who that is???????
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies