Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2009, 11:28 PM

7,211 posts, read 9,400,872 times

Advertisements

Republican poster child, homophobe and all around big mouth Carrie Prejean has filed a lawsuit. I thought Republicans opposed frivolous lawsuits ..or doesn't that apply to them?

Quote:
Carrie Prejean has filed a lawsuit against Miss California USA officials who stripped her of her title, accusing them of libel and religious discrimination for her views on same-sex marriage.

"We will make the case that her title was taken from her solely because of her support of traditional marriage," her attorney, Charles LiMandri, said in a news release.
http://www.cnn.com/2009/SHOWBIZ/08/3...usa/index.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2009, 11:32 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,192,308 times
Guess that book deal fell through.

Old 08-31-2009, 11:35 PM

7,835 posts, read 8,407,310 times
She's nothing but a fame wh*re. She needs to just shut up and disappear.

Old 08-31-2009, 11:39 PM

7,211 posts, read 9,400,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill61 View Post
She's nothing but a fame wh*re. She needs to just shut up and disappear.

I don't know...I was holding out hope for a Prejean/Joe the Plumber ticket in 2012..

Isn't interesting the way Republicans are always dissing lawyers and lawsuits, then turning around and using them to their advantage?

More hypocrisy..

Old 08-31-2009, 11:40 PM

3,555 posts, read 7,823,717 times
Let's see, she lied about keeping her obligations to the pageant. "The Donald" (another attention wh***) stepped in and granted her absolution for her lying (I'm thinking he had an ulterior motive-a leopard can't change its spots). The she kept right at the same old shenanigans and gets fired for it. No "Donald" to the rescue this time, I guess "no means no".

Her attorney is probably Orly Taitz or a graduate of the Liberty University (not quite a real) law school. In which case I could send my dog to defend the pageant and wipe the courtroom with her. Although it'll never get that far, when the motions get filed the judge (unless it's that joke Ito) will dismiss this one out of hand.

golfgod

Old 09-01-2009, 12:29 AM

24,455 posts, read 33,141,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upton View Post
Republican poster child, homophobe and all around big mouth Carrie Prejean has filed a lawsuit. I thought Republicans opposed frivolous lawsuits ..or doesn't that apply to them?

http://www.cnn.com/2009/SHOWBIZ/08/3...usa/index.html
Pres. Obama, former Pres. Clinton and Hillary Clinton all oppose same-sex "marriage." Are they all "homophobes," too? Or is it possible they can have an opinion without narrow-minded people calling them names?

Old 09-01-2009, 12:37 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,677,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
Pres. Obama, former Pres. Clinton and Hillary Clinton all oppose same-sex "marriage." Are they all "homophobes," too? Or is it possible they can have an opinion without narrow-minded people calling them names?
Are Pres. Obama, Hillary and Bill Clinton suing for religious discrimination?

Old 09-01-2009, 12:38 AM

14,044 posts, read 27,117,608 times
Geez, she is asked an inappropriate question during the pageant. The attention pig was Perez Hilton, but you jealous folks already know that, just hate to admit that she is both smart AND pretty.

Her response to Perez Hilton's inappropriate and obnoxious question was hardly homophobic. Those who think it was have an agenda.

Old 09-01-2009, 12:39 AM

26,680 posts, read 28,574,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
You must have missed the news last month:

Bill Clinton Backs Same-Sex Marriage

Just for the record, I think almost everybody in American society is at least a little bit homophobic - even most homosexuals.

Old 09-01-2009, 12:40 AM

11,486 posts, read 15,249,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewToCA View Post
Geez, she is asked an inappropriate question during the pageant. The attention pig was Perez Hilton, but you jealous folks already know that, just hate to admit that she is both smart AND pretty.

Her response to Perez Hilton's inappropriate and obnoxious question was hardly homophobic. Those who think it was have an agenda.

I agree, they backed Perez for a reason ya know.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies