Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2009, 10:32 PM

838 posts, read 922,375 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
I agree. In addition, I find them very selfish people. Our planet has terrible problems with human overpopulation and there isn't enough clean water and decent food for the poor in many countries, and these people keep having more babies. The planet doesn't need any more Duggars.
The more people like the Duggars there are in this world the better the world would be is a most extreme understatement!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2009, 10:33 PM

4,792 posts, read 5,901,674 times
they gonna name it "Stretch ?"

Old 09-11-2009, 10:34 PM

4,792 posts, read 5,901,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clsicmovies View Post
The more people like the Duggars in this world the better the world would be is a most extreme understatement!!!
They are a great commercial for the "elastrator."

Old 09-16-2009, 06:33 PM

491 posts, read 748,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatteress View Post
How do you recommend parents raise the kids to deal with "things like drugs violence and crimminal activity"? This is one of the beefs that I have with modern day parenting: instead of protecting our children's innocence, society advocate for shattering the innocence of children so they can be acclimated to the harsh realities of adulthood. Why can't we allow children to BE children. Why do so many adults feel the need to make children grow up too fast?

Also, the impartation of values is the responsibility of the parents and not all children keep the values that they were taught growing up.
So you would rather not tell them that drugs are bad? How are they gonna know what to do when offered drugs are there friend wants them to help rob a store? This is a harsh wolrd we live in where bad things happen everywhere.

Old 09-16-2009, 07:54 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,739,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
Quite the opposite. They are VERY educated
I was about to say the same. Obviously people know nothing about this family.

Yes, I think this is between sick and a joke, but uneducated they certainly are not.

Nita

Old 09-16-2009, 07:58 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,171,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I was about to say the same. Obviously people know nothing about this family.

Yes, I think this is between sick and a joke, but uneducated they certainly are not.

Nita
the parents or the kids or both? What do you base your statement on? Just curious. I don't know anything for certain about their education, but it appears that mom home schools through HS and that's it.

Old 09-16-2009, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkb0305 View Post
wasn't Jim Bob some kind of state representative? Not that you necessarily need to be educated for that...

At this point, it is hardly news anymore. They obviously aren't going to quit until she's menopausal. What's the difference between 18 and 19?
Yes, he was a state rep and they have enough money to buy and sell many of us. Their education or lack of same has nothing to do with the number of kids they have. This is something they believe god is giving them.

As I said, I think it is sick, but has nothing to do with their intelligence or lack of a college degree. The person who made the stupid comment about their lack of education knows nothing about the family.

Nita

Old 09-16-2009, 08:18 PM

2,153 posts, read 5,538,358 times
I have two kids and the thought of dealing with 19, not to mention 3, makes we want to go cry in the couch pillow

Old 10-06-2009, 12:28 AM

491 posts, read 748,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clsicmovies View Post
The more people like the Duggars there are in this world the better the world would be is a most extreme understatement!!!
Yes lets have a ton more kids then we need to and overpopulate the world! Thats the spirit!

Old 10-06-2009, 05:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PokerPlayer84 View Post
Yes lets have a ton more kids then we need to and overpopulate the world! Thats the spirit!
They are one family, I agree and said this before, what they are thinking is beyond me, but I think the post you are referring to wasn't meant to say we should all have zillions of kids, but we could all benefit from this families moral views. Again, I don't understand why and I don't think parents can give kids what they need emotionally when there are too many, I do think they are a good family.

Nita
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies