Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-01-2009, 12:54 PM

3,564 posts, read 5,515,554 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
They really aren't going to use the roads 5 times as much. I don't think where they live that they are on a sewage system. I'm sure they recycle and probably have a compost pile. Clothes get handed down. This is not a family using a lot of public resources.
I see what you're saying but, once again, I wasnt speaking of this family specifically anymore. Just families in general.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2009, 12:57 PM

7,359 posts, read 10,278,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
There is the famous liberal tolerance we hear so much about! Well done!
This has nothing to do with "liberal tolerance," or lack thereof. This has to do with seriously deranged people whose actions have a far-reaching impact on others.

Get a clue.

Old 09-01-2009, 01:00 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,171,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
I am pretty sure they home school. So I am not sure they use more resources.
They also make their own laundry soap and grow their own veggies and buy their clothing second hand. I do wonder about/worry about their carbon footprint, but they do other things that might make up for some of it.

Old 09-01-2009, 01:00 PM

1,474 posts, read 2,918,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlottePirateFan View Post
Just some thoughts:

1- That is 19 more kids than I will ever want
2- There shuold be some kind of tax when you have more than, say, 3 kids. (on top of that the child tax credit should end immediately as well)

I don't agree with you on many topics except for this. I think the tax credit for ALL children needs to cease and there should be a tax for those that have many (I would say over 2).

Old 09-01-2009, 01:01 PM

3,052 posts, read 4,305,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingForward View Post
This has nothing to do with "liberal tolerance," or lack thereof. This has to do with seriously deranged people whose actions have a far-reaching impact on others.

Get a clue.
Again, there are many people in this country who have 2 or 3 kids who don't support them and are a direct drain on the system. Far more people than all the Duggars of the country combined. They are all seriously deranged too right?

This family (from watching the program) seem to live a lot more sustainably than the majority of people that I know. They homeschool, they use secondhand goods, they've built their own home, etc...

Old 09-01-2009, 01:02 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,261,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Why do you call me "honey"?
Really? Then, don't ever come to Las Vegas Sweetie -

Old 09-01-2009, 01:06 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,376,564 times
Quote:
are being grossly unfair to each of those children, who cannot begin to get the individual attention and care that every child deserves.
I agree with you on that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
This is somewhat creepy, are you stalking them?
Why are you sure they recycle and compost?
No one should know or assume these things about any family but their own.
as well as how often michelle sees the doctor. I'm guessing she's just a fan who watches every episode and has read the book...still it is fairly creepy

Old 09-01-2009, 01:09 PM

Quote:
First, they're mentally ill.
Really. And may I ask Doctor what led you to have such a diagnosis?

Old 09-01-2009, 01:14 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,020,628 times
Personally, I think those who get themselves all worked up in a hissy fit over a couple having 19 children ("breeding like rabbits", etc) should really seek some care from a psychiatrist.

Old 09-01-2009, 01:14 PM

Quote:

Get a clue.
[no personal attacks![/mod] This is a happy family - I know you don't like this fact but, it is what it is.

They love their children - again - Moderator cut: cut

They love having children

They support their children - financially and emotionally. You leftist freaks want everyone on welfare though and you can't accept the fact this family is not on welfare

You probably would like the United States to have the Communist China rule of 1 child - you more than likely would force sterilize this couple

Moderator cut: rude This is a HAPPY FAMILY and they are NOT hurting you one little bit

Last edited by katzenfreund; 09-01-2009 at 07:42 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies