Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2009, 11:01 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,856,573 times

Advertisements

I have to say that if you watched a new borns throat being cut because it was boen breathing its just as disgusting.Nothing surprises me now days from young thugs knocking a old lady in the head for change or perverts killing children or going to the east to have sex with chikdren that are sex slaves. its the same behaviour really.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2009, 12:46 AM

29,391 posts, read 55,596,323 times
Post News, Video shows chicks ground up alive at egg hatchery.

DES MOINES, Iowa – An animal rights group publicized a video Tuesday showing unwanted chicks being tossed alive into a grinder at an Iowa plant and accused egg hatcheries of being "perhaps the cruelest industry" in the world.

The undercover video was shot by Chicago-based Mercy for Animals at a hatchery in Spencer, Iowa, over a two-week period in May and June.

Video shows chicks ground up alive at egg hatchery - Yahoo! News

Old 09-02-2009, 02:06 AM

38,642 posts, read 26,378,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John1960 View Post
DES MOINES, Iowa – An animal rights group publicized a video Tuesday showing unwanted chicks being tossed alive into a grinder at an Iowa plant and accused egg hatcheries of being "perhaps the cruelest industry" in the world.

The undercover video was shot by Chicago-based Mercy for Animals at a hatchery in Spencer, Iowa, over a two-week period in May and June.

Video shows chicks ground up alive at egg hatchery - Yahoo! News

I've heard if you like sausage, you should never watch it being made.

Tell me how we defend a society that vehemently supports abortion on demand and human embryonic stem-cell research but then gets misty-eyed over fuzz balls.

Old 09-02-2009, 02:07 AM

2,170 posts, read 2,861,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingForward View Post
Chicks Being Ground Up Alive Video

America is such a compassionate nation.

Ain't this heartless form of capitalism grand?

Paté de poulet. Yum!

Old 09-02-2009, 02:14 AM

2,170 posts, read 2,861,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
Paté de poulet. Yum!

Old 09-02-2009, 05:09 AM

24,404 posts, read 23,065,142 times
I read about that just this morning. I don't know how somebody could do that to a baby chick. Yeah, people have to slaughter animals for food, but there should be a way to keep these little birds around until they get old enough. I stopped eating at KFC because of a video about workers playing soccer with a live chicken as the ball at one of their processing plants.

Old 09-02-2009, 05:19 AM

243 posts, read 343,269 times
Factory Farms put so much pollution in the air, soil, and water.

New rules to stem pollution on factory farms draw fire | csmonitor.com

Old 09-02-2009, 05:26 AM

7,380 posts, read 15,675,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KRAMERCAT View Post
It's pretty sick and cruel, but then so is the entire meat producing industry. Pigs, cows, sheep - they all are tortured and killed. Nothing will stop it unless we all become vegetarians, thereby removing the almighty profit motive.
actually, this particular practice is primarily part of the egg producing industry, not the meat producing industry.

Old 09-02-2009, 05:28 AM

third time this has been posted.

Old 09-02-2009, 05:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
this i gotta see. link[s], please. and no, i don't have time to watch hour-plus videos. factual news articles or scientific studies would be fine, thanks.

what is it about monsanto that sends so many right over the edge?

i don't get it.
i provided a link full of factual information.

if you can't be bothered to watch it, that's your problem. spending an hour or more getting informed about a serious issue doesn't seem excessive to me.

anyway, delusianne's links have plenty of info about the problems with monsanto. and lucky for you, i'm not one of those people who makes a claim and then whines "do your own research" when questioned. even when i've already provided all the information you need.

monsanto's suppression of information showing how dangerous PCBs are is well documented. and it's a pattern they've followed several times now.

Monsanto: A Checkered History BRIAN TOKAR / The Ecologist Sep/Oct98

Monsanto Hid Decades Of Pollution (washingtonpost.com)

monsanto also spent tons of time in the media and in court claiming that agent orange is harmless. how many u.s. vets got sick because of them? and they are still blocking efforts to compensate soldiers for serious health problems caused by their products.

Agent Orange

monsanto sues small farmers for saving seeds, destroying their livelihood:

USATODAY.com - Enforcing single-season seeds, Monsanto sues farmers

they even sue small farmers whose crops have been accidentally pollinated by plants grown with their seeds (the link is to a specific page in an entire book chock full of information about monsanto's shady practices):

Genescapes: the ecology of genetic ... - Google Books

i could go on. unfortunately a lot of the articles i found were in science or nature, scholarly journals that require a subscription to access. but i have tried to stick with articles from mainstream news sources and/or articles that cite their sources. mindfully.org is a site with an agenda, but the article i linked to is from the ecologist, a respected journal. this page on their site links to dozens of news articles about monsanto. take mindfully's commentary with a grain of salt if you like (i've found at least one link that was described fairly deceptively), but the raw information is there: http://www.mindfully.org/Pesticide/Monsanto-Roundup-Glyphosate.htm

Last edited by groar; 09-02-2009 at 06:20 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies