Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2009, 08:41 PM

9,855 posts, read 10,396,009 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfields View Post
The Obama administration isn't very good at keeping the secret that it's planning on ditching the public option. If anyone wants a halfway decent health care reform bill as opposed to a bailout for the insurance industry sign this petition.
Change We Can Believe In
Right now I am very upset with Obama's policies, especially with health care, and unlike the teabaggers and the birthers and the screamers, I've got every right to be. I worked very hard to get Obama elected, unlike the right-wingers that have been fighting him and spreading misinformation about him from day one. I am a single payer advocate, just as Obama was in 2003. I'm willing to settle for health care reform with a strong public option, but nothing less. Health care reform without a public option is counter-productive in my opinion. It's nothing more than a bailout for health insurance companies. Obama bailed out the banking industry, helping the banking industry and its lobbyists. He still has defense contractors in Iraq and Afghanistan, benefiting the defense industry and its lobbyists. If he drops the public option from health care reform, it will just benefit the health insurance industry and its lobbyists. Where’s the change that he promised? He needs to take the lobbyists and the perpetuators of the status quo on head first instead of cutting deals with them, breaking his promises to the voters that elected him. If any of you really want change, sign this petition and let Obama know that he can't take your support for granted.

As for the rightwing teabaggers that are about to write a bunch of bull**** responses, I don't give a damn what you are about to write and am going to ignore you, so if your looking for attention go post on another thread.
Oh boo hoo.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2009, 09:35 AM

9,881 posts, read 10,799,145 times
Default Obama the Mortal

Dont always agree with Krauthammer, but this pretty much sums it up.....Charles Krauthammer - Obama's Magic Evaporates in the Heat of the Health-Reform Debate

Old 09-06-2009, 10:17 AM

4,002 posts, read 3,898,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
Dont always agree with Krauthammer, but this pretty much sums it up.....Charles Krauthammer - Obama's Magic Evaporates in the Heat of the Health-Reform Debate
It does indeed ..

Old 09-06-2009, 10:58 AM

3,199 posts, read 4,309,234 times
Fo sho

Old 09-06-2009, 11:15 AM

436 posts, read 906,124 times
I hope Obama's whole socalist plan fails, it is not for America, hope and change isen't working.

Old 09-06-2009, 03:51 PM

1,472 posts, read 2,625,951 times
Default Obamacare R-I-P!

California Tea Party Holds Funeral For ObamaCare | NewsBusters.org

Freedom is not free.
Great video, true and real American's speak.
Well put. Well said. Well done.
I truly hope Obamacare as it is 'now'....is DEAD.
And doesn't come back.
Free enterprise, tort reform, non-coverage for illegals, open up state lines and let insurance companies have more competition, require that the insurance companies get rid of and keep rid of their pre-existing clause (many have already agreed to do this-so problem 1/2 solved)....those are just a FEW other solutions to a govt controlled takeover of our health ins.

Obama-are you hearing this? I doubt it.

Old 09-06-2009, 04:00 PM

8,299 posts, read 8,591,512 times
health care reform is dead!

Old 09-06-2009, 04:08 PM

5,638 posts, read 6,500,918 times
Boy, I can't disagree with you anymore. Do you really believe any new rules or new regulations on insurance companies will change a thing. The whole health care insurance industry is a total fraud. Insurance companies collect tens of billions in premiums a year from Americans, and much of it isn't paid for health care. Instead, a lot of these premiums are used to pay lobbyists, pay off politicians, advertising and executive bonuses.

I have been working in health care for a good part of my life, and there isn't a single work day that goes by where I'm not fighting with insurance carriers. Sometimes its requesting pre-authorization for patients to have procedures done, other times its asking why claims are not being processed or paid. On many days, I have both issues going. The funny thing is I have far less problems with Medicaid and Medicare. Hmmm...why is that?

Old 09-06-2009, 04:11 PM

3,199 posts, read 4,309,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaimuki View Post
Boy, I can't disagree with you anymore. Do you really believe any new rules or new regulations on insurance companies will change a thing. The whole health care insurance industry is a total fraud. Insurance companies collect tens of billions in premiums a year from Americans, and much of it isn't paid for health care. Instead, a lot of these premiums are used to pay lobbyists, pay off politicians, advertising and executive bonuses.

I have been working in health care for a good part of my life, and there isn't a single work day that goes by where I'm not fighting with insurance carriers. Sometimes its requesting pre-authorization for patients to have procedures done, other times its asking why claims are not being processed or paid. On many days, I have both issues going. The funny thing is I have far less problems with Medicaid and Medicare. Hmmm...why is that?
The fact that medicare is going broke is the funny thing.

Last edited by allydriver; 09-06-2009 at 04:28 PM..

Old 09-06-2009, 04:38 PM

38,625 posts, read 26,307,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaimuki View Post

The coalition distributing the ads, Americans for Stable Quality Care, is funded largely by the pharmaceutical industry and includes the American Medical Association; Families USA; the Federation of American Hospitals; the Pharmaceutical Research and Manufacturers of America, known as PhRMA; and the Service Employees International Union. PhRMA has promised to contribute as much as $150 million for advertising and grass-roots activity to help pass Obama's health-care reform package.

The pharmaceutical industry has pledged to provide $80 billion over the next decade to help cover the costs of the overhaul, reportedly in return for an administration promise that Medicare would not be allowed to negotiate drug prices with the industry.

Obama to Take On Health-Care Critics - washingtonpost.com

Hmmm, indeed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies