Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should Obama's Green Czar, Van Jones, Be Fired?
Yes - he should be fired 72 79.12%
No - he should not be fired 19 20.88%
Voters: 91. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2009, 01:41 PM

11,155 posts, read 15,704,085 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlottePirateFan View Post
What? Liberals dont like it when the other side plays by their rules?
One would be very hard pressed to make your argument. I'm pretty sure it wasn't McCain who was turned into a monster that no one could trust by his opposition.

Obviously the goal of both sides is to disparage the opposition, but to suggest that liberals are superior at this to conservatives is a big stretch. Conservatives hold tight to strict values and, therefore, it's far easier to paint opposition as the "other".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2009, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertGibbs View Post
you need to take off the "O" glasses and see things for what they really are. You say he got rid of his radical intentions years ago? That's funny, cause there are numerous youtube clips out there that were made within the past year that says different. And no, I'm not going to provide you with the links, go search you tube for van jones, you'll find them. He also fully believes that the wealth needs to be taken from the whites and given to the blacks. How's that for radical? It doesn't sound like he lost his 60's radical intentions to me, All he did was change his approach and in the process he's fooling most of you.
I've watched his videos. I also watched the ones Glenn Beck highlighted. While he shouldn't have called people a-holes, I saw absolutely nothing to suggest any validity to your accusations.

At some point, Robertgibbs, you're going to have to stop with the empty rhetoric and start providing evidence for your claims.

I wait with bated breath.

Old 09-02-2009, 01:46 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,261,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
It doesnt link because the URL has "*******" in the title.

But it's on page 1 at Faux News: "Say Again, Republicans Are What?"

"Jones' remarks were recorded in a video from February that was posted to YouTube.

"He made the remark during an energy lecture in Berkeley, Calif., after a woman in the audience asked him why President Obama and congressional Democrats were having trouble moving legislation -- even though Republicans, with a smaller majority, didn't have as much trouble earlier in the Bush administration."

February So Faux's been scrabbling frantically to find whatever dirt it can to continue to demonize Van Jones....lol.
That link worked for me this morning so maybe something other than what you think and I hope has happened. Maybe Beck will be heard on TV and only on tv. This kind of thing has happened on YouTube before.

Old 09-02-2009, 01:46 PM

1,878 posts, read 2,064,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post
I've watched his videos. I also watched the ones Glenn Beck highlighted. While he shouldn't have called people a-holes, I saw absolutely nothing to suggest any validity to your accusations.

At some point, Robertgibbs, you're going to have to stop with the empty rhetoric and start providing evidence for your claims.

I wait with bated breath.
Do your own homework.

Old 09-02-2009, 01:47 PM

5,476 posts, read 12,243,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
Van Jones. Where did they dig up this prize winning nitwit? They deep sixed lesser clowns like Tom Daschle just because he cheated on his taxes, but then appoint this low life? Let me guess, Obama played "a nice game of solitaire" and decided this was the guy for the job.
I think they dig up these winners at the RNC (Radicals National Convention)

Old 09-02-2009, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertGibbs View Post
Do your own homework.
As I previously stated, I have and I have come to the conclusion that Van Jones has a strong vision for our nation - using the free market to build a sustainable future that works for everybody.

You seem to disagree with that evidential conclusion, so the burden falls on you to support your opinions.

No fair waiting for Glenn Beck at 5, either.

Old 09-02-2009, 01:49 PM

2,404 posts, read 3,947,765 times
Quote:
Can you give examples of Van Jones's "communism"
In Van Jones' own words, "I was a rowdy nationalist on April 28th, and then the verdicts came down on April 29th. By August, I was a communist."

Old 09-02-2009, 01:51 PM

Quote:
poor little victims.

How did Van Jones get a federal job?

If he is still communist and a leftist radical, he's not showing it very well

I love how you all parrot the Glenn phrase, "an avowed communist".
I see that you haven't watched any anti-Jones videos where he said those words himself. Oh yeah they are there but I won't be doing any searching to find one because you have to have it in writing.

Old 09-02-2009, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mossomo View Post
In Van Jones' own words, "I was a rowdy nationalist on April 28th, and then the verdicts came down on April 29th. By August, I was a communist."
No one's denying that he was one, but what year? '92? His work seems to have come a long way from his school days.

Old 09-02-2009, 01:53 PM

Quote:
please give examples of how this admin is

(the most) dangerous

(the most) corrupt

(the most) evil
I have been trying to do that for days and you don't want to see Beck so you demand it in writing. If you can't watch Beck you may be able to make it right up to the end of the US without realizing what has been going on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies