Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What's your opinion of home schooling?
In favor 124 49.21%
Not in Favor 76 30.16%
Don't care 52 20.63%
Voters: 252. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2010, 08:23 AM

2,519 posts, read 7,029,951 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
Apart from that Germany's anti-HS law has been challenged several times both before national and European courts, without success.
National and European courts...thus showing the reason for a successful asylum case.

Europeans in general do not challenge. They complain, they whine, but they bow their heads to the government.

The only thing they really riot about is handouts. If they aren't given the welfare they want, they will riot in the streets. They don't want freedom, they want support. As long as the government will support them, they will follow submissively.

These are generalized statements, that is true, and there are exceptions. But there aren't enough exceptions to make a difference. And the real freedom loving Europeans eventually leave home and come to the US.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2010, 08:40 AM

25,947 posts, read 24,731,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty Van Diest View Post
National and European courts...thus showing the reason for a successful asylum case.

Europeans in general do not challenge. They complain, they whine, but they bow their heads to the government.

The only thing they really riot about is handouts. If they aren't given the welfare they want, they will riot in the streets. They don't want freedom, they want support. As long as the government will support them, they will follow submissively.

These are generalized statements, that is true, and there are exceptions. But there aren't enough exceptions to make a difference. And the real freedom loving Europeans eventually leave home and come to the US.
I don't see that difference. Tell me a couple of things you have the freedom of doing in the US and that I cannot do over here, or the other way round, that I have to do and you don't have to do I remember a site where there were US laws even interfering with people's sexual practices

Old 02-05-2010, 08:43 AM

2,519 posts, read 7,029,951 times
Quote:
I don't see that difference. Tell me a couple of things you have the freedom of doing in the US and that I cannot do over here, or the other way round, that I have to do and you don't have to do I remember a site where there were US laws even interfering with people's sexual practices
I can home school my children...

Old 02-05-2010, 08:45 AM

25,100 posts, read 39,246,649 times
Quote:
I'd love to see the "site" showing where our laws interfer with sexual practices. Oh, I'll admit we do have laws saying no no to sex with children or no to sex with animals and rape is a no no - but other than this ..... love to see it

Here is the bottom line - you don't like Home Schooling. You would like to outlaw it .... we got that.

On the other hand, home schooling is popular in the US and getting more popular - for all sorts of reasons.

How about we leave it at this: You stay where you are - we will stay where we are - see - everyone is happy.

Old 02-05-2010, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty Van Diest View Post
I can home school my children...
And? Don't tell the that is the only difference between the real freedom-loving Americans and lazy Europeans spoiled by welfare

Old 02-05-2010, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
I'd love to see the "site" showing where our laws interfer with sexual practices. Oh, I'll admit we do have laws saying no no to sex with children or no to sex with animals and rape is a no no - but other than this ..... love to see it

Here is the bottom line - you don't like Home Schooling. You would like to outlaw it .... we got that.

On the other hand, home schooling is popular in the US and getting more popular - for all sorts of reasons.

How about we leave it at this: You stay where you are - we will stay where we are - see - everyone is happy.
Not necessarily, I might soon come to where you are and still be against HS

Will look for that site...

Old 02-05-2010, 08:48 AM

I'll be putting my firearm in its holster shortly. I wonder how that goes over in Europe?

Old 02-05-2010, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Not necessarily, I might soon come to where you are and still be against HS
Well - then you are going to have to accept our way of doing things - we are not going to change to your way

Old 02-05-2010, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
Well - then you are going to have to accept our way of doing things - we are not going to change to your way
No problem, as long as I can send my kids to a school
This is a pros and cons thread, I am not a lawmaker or lobbyist but merely an opponent explaining his reasons.

Old 02-05-2010, 08:57 AM

Quote:
No problem, as long as I can send my kids to a school
This is a pros and cons thread, I am not a lawmaker or lobbyist but merely an opponent explaining his reasons.
Perhaps if you had valid or legitimate reasons ......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies