Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2009, 11:39 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,112,280 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
No, I think a lot of white anti-Obama people really are apprehensive about a black sensibility in their country's leadership -- what they take that to mean. Even an inclusive sensibility frightens them.
What the hell is "black sensibility?"

Are you supposing that a black person has a different form, and perhaps better, idea of sensibility?

The race card is all-purpose in its use apparently.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2009, 11:41 AM

26,206 posts, read 49,007,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by captaincatfish View Post
LOL...I'll second you on that, but I'll take the sting out of part of it just a little...

I'll repeat something I said awhile back in another political-type thread---I'm not gonna call all whites racist, just like they can't call all blacks thugs and criminals and etc...but in this country's history, without fail, Dem or GOP, every POTUS has been a white male...for the first time in history, a non-white male is the sitting President, and you are dead on point in that regard---some folks have their bloomers in a bunch over that and have since maybe before Inauguration Day...

And to that I say this...they really need to go somewhere, find some tools, build a bridge, and get over it, because their juvenile whining and ceaseless nit-picking are accomplishing nothing except making other folks tell them to 'shut the eff up already'! End of rant
Buddy, I'd pick a bushel of crabs with you anytime.

Life is too short to hate others for any reason, unless they've said or done something awful.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 09-03-2009, 11:49 AM

4,714 posts, read 8,458,621 times
To the OP:
Your side LOST the election. Grow up and deal with it. Go clean your guns, or something.

Old 09-03-2009, 12:09 PM

1,781 posts, read 2,680,279 times
Exclamation Well...I'm Gonna Use The Race Card

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
What the hell is "black sensibility?"

Are you supposing that a black person has a different form, and perhaps better, idea of sensibility?

The race card is all-purpose in its use apparently.
And I'll reply to you in the words of a very famous Black cartoon character---Sylvester The Cat...to wit "Ahhhhhhhhhhh Shaddappp!"

Good lord, you people just don't quit, do you? It's just like that Marty Feldman bit in Young Frankenstein, where saying Cloris Leachman's Frau Blucher character name caused horses to whinny in fright---only this time the scare word is 'Obama'...un-freakin'-believable

Old 09-03-2009, 12:33 PM

2,522 posts, read 4,390,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
Topic is total BS. The divisive issue is RACE. There is a BLACK man in the white house and it drives racist white idiots insane.
The man is divisive..it has absolutely nothing to do with race.

Old 09-03-2009, 01:17 PM

7,993 posts, read 12,855,023 times
Funny that one of the most divisive presidents in history ran on a platform of "UNITY". Remember that word getting tossed around in the campaign?? UNITY and "Yes WE Can".......

Wow.

What a total lie.

Old 09-03-2009, 01:18 PM

4,714 posts, read 8,458,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamama Mia View Post
The man is divisive..it has absolutely nothing to do with race.

hahaha, your party was divisive way before Obama ran for President. Ever hear of Nixon's "Southern strategy"? Look it up, please.

The GOP's problem today is that they've divided themselves into a teeny-weeny corner, and it doesn't feel good any more.

Old 09-03-2009, 01:18 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,559,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsupstate View Post
Funny that one of the most divisive presidents in history ran on a platform of "UNITY". Remember that word getting tossed around in the campaign?? UNITY and "Yes WE Can".......

Wow.

What a total lie.
Hey, it's your own fault that you hate him so much. Divisive? Yeah, that would be the people on the right.

Old 09-03-2009, 01:22 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,251,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ParkTwain View Post
To the OP:
Your side LOST the election. Grow up and deal with it. Go clean your guns, or something.
At what point in the administration of George Bush did you manage to admit that he won two elections that ABBs just couldn't believe? This crap about who won when is nothing but Pelosi and a whole load of it. Do you really think that there are as many deniers about 2008 as there were about 2000 or 2004?

Old 09-03-2009, 01:22 PM

7,993 posts, read 12,855,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
Hey, it's your own fault that you hate him so much. Divisive? Yeah, that would be the people on the right.
I agree many on the right are divisive.....George Bush was VERY divisive.
But I'm a Democrat and thought we were getting CHANGE. We didn't. It was a lie. Many of us who were Hillary supporters saw the lie early on and now are watching it play out.

Funny that Obambi can't get all of us Democrats to agree with him....if he could, he could easily pass Healthscare.

Where is his promised UNITY....even within our own party???????????????
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies