Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you believe pedophilia is another sexuality, just as being straight and gay?
Yes. 8 10.39%
No. 62 80.52%
Not sure/No opinion. 7 9.09%
Voters: 77. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2009, 12:36 PM

8,185 posts, read 12,639,025 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
Yea, the lawyers. A very good friend of mine here is an attorney. Her sons and mine have been friends since their first day of school. She is not the type of lawyer that would go on NAMBLA's payroll. There are some attorneys out there that still have a conscience. I will grant that free speech is a precious right. ALL of our rights are precious. However, as I said in my post you quoted, if I heard some creep talking about seducing children in public, especially MY kid, his only right to speech is to stop talking. These creeps push the envelope a little to much for my likings. They have forums, just like this one, where they talk openly about methods of seduction, how to spot a vulnerable child and exploit that vulnerability,how to keep their victims quiet, to me, that is over the line. It is VERY hard to aquiese that these vermin have a right under the Constitution to speak of such things in such a manner. Apparently, the courts think they do, and that scares the hell out of me. Like KevK said, the fact that 8 people voted that pedophilia is a 'sexuality' should scare us all as well. There are posters on here that have called me a paranoid nut because I am afraid for my child. They say that people who victimize kids are a rarity, and that I'm jumping at shadows. From the looks of the poll, and from the position certain posters have taken on this topic,I feel my concerns are well founded. These animals ARE out there. Slithering around like a rattlesnake, looking for an opportunity. So, if I am 'mistaking a bush for a bear', as someone once told me, I would rather have my hand on my rifle until I am sure. Predators have an uncanny knack for blending in to their surroundings. The ability to appear as part of the landscape is central to their purpose. If you can't spot them, before your in range of their claws, you WILL be food. Stay frosty my friends
No, no -- I meant that there are lawyers who are part of their organization - they are pedophiles themselves so have a vested interest in keeping the thing going.

But yeah - I totally agree with you.

Old 09-04-2009, 12:39 PM

10,757 posts, read 35,437,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHICAGOLAND92 View Post
In another thread, a fellow City-Data member made a statement that pedophilia is another form of sexuality. I thought about it for a while, and agree and disagree with this statement.

I agree in the sense that pedophilia affects both heterosexuals and homosexuals at the same rate (meaning, homosexuals AREN'T more likely to be pedophiles than heterosexuals, and vice versa).

However, I doubt that all pedophiles are simply attracted to children (then again, I'm not very enlightened on this subject, so I could be wrong); meaning, they have a preference of girls over boys or vise versa. This WOULD mean that they are straight or gay to begin with, right? Furthermore, while pedophilia affects straights and gays justly, men are the vast majority of pedophiles. Why does this phoenomenon affect men more than women (then again, men also account for the majority of rape and murder cases as well...is there a link between the three? Who knows..).

So while I'm unsure, I'm leaning more to pedophilia not being a sexuality.

What do you think? Do you believe pedophilia is another category of human sexuality? Vote in the poll and explain your reasoning below, if you'd like.

Extra: Are pedophiles born that way, or is it learned? If they are born that way, would pedophilia be an orientation? If they AREN'T born that way, can they be changed, or is it like a scar? Just a thought.
In reality Homosexuals are LESS likely by a staggering percentage to also be pedophiles. John Wayne Gacy had a wife with whom he had a consintual, sexual relationship with. The kind of sex that goes on between a pedophile and his victim is NOT about the sex but the control and victimization of it all.
Serial killers are also FAR more likely to be heterosexual white men.

Old 09-04-2009, 12:59 PM

18,158 posts, read 15,628,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey_Mcfarren View Post
In reality Homosexuals are LESS likely by a staggering percentage to also be pedophiles. John Wayne Gacy had a wife with whom he had a consintual, sexual relationship with. The kind of sex that goes on between a pedophile and his victim is NOT about the sex but the control and victimization of it all.
Serial killers are also FAR more likely to be heterosexual white men.
If we only look at the US, your statement is true. Then again, in certain demographics, pedophilia is considered 'normal' , and goes unreported quite often. many Asian, and Middle Eastern countries as well, have a culture of 'marrying' off children. Young children. These cultures consider children to be a commodity. The fact that US pedophiles flock to countries like Thailand, where they can buy and sell children like a pack of smokes, is testament to this. I recall a program , on the History channel, that was about the "Irish Travelers' , who have a tradition called 'looping', where young girls are put on display for grown men to view for 'marriage'. Girls as young as NINE. This is a culture within our own. It is certainly not the only one of it's kind. How much of this garbage is going on right under our noses? How many children are victimized, that don't even know that they are victims? To many...........

Old 09-04-2009, 01:55 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,261,360 times
There is a large demand for Sex Tourism for Children - Actual organized trips for no other reason than to have sex with children. Many countries, including the United States, are trying to clamp down on this awful practice.

Sex Tourism (http://www.usdoj.gov/criminal/ceos/sextour.html - broken link)

Old 09-04-2009, 02:01 PM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,111,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by go phillies View Post
The fact that the ACLU defends pedophiles makes most people think that liberals sympathize with them.
I think that you would find that MANY of us "liberals" removed our support from the ACLU after their defense of the scum and have never supported them again. Whether those on the right want to believe it or not, liberals ALSO love their children and want to see all children protected from these evil predators.

Last edited by LML; 09-04-2009 at 02:28 PM..

Old 09-04-2009, 02:04 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,261,360 times
Regarding NAMBLA and the ACLU.

One thing to keep in mind is, the ACLU DID NOT HAVE TO ACCEPT REPRESENTATION of NAMBLA.

On a personal note, I withdrew my financial support from the ACLU after their representation.

No attorney - no law firm has to accept any and all representation asked of it. For instance, I will NOT, under any circumstance, accept a DUI / DWI defense case - The ACLU could have just as easily said - NOPE.

Old 09-04-2009, 02:05 PM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,111,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
Regarding NAMBLA and the ACLU.

One thing to keep in mind is, the ACLU DID NOT HAVE TO ACCEPT REPRESENTATION of NAMBLA.

On a personal note, I withdrew my financial support from the ACLU after their representation.

No attorney - no law firm has to accept any and all representation asked of it. For instance, I will NOT, under any circumstance, accept a DUI / DWI defense case - The ACLU could have just as easily said - NOPE.
I agree and did the same.

Old 09-04-2009, 02:09 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,855,247 times
I can't believe 8 people think its okay and 6 people "don't know"... sexual abuse of children is NEVER okay... I can't that people here believe that children who do not have any realizations about sexual abuse so its "okay" to abuse them? WTF...

Old 09-04-2009, 03:02 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,048,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
I can't believe 8 people think its okay and 6 people "don't know"... sexual abuse of children is NEVER okay... I can't that people here believe that children who do not have any realizations about sexual abuse so its "okay" to abuse them? WTF...
The poll is about defining pedophilia as a sexuality, not one that was justified or lacking in deviance. So, take a chill pill and stop reading into things those things which are not present.

Old 09-04-2009, 03:03 PM

10,757 posts, read 35,437,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
There is a large demand for Sex Tourism for Children - Actual organized trips for no other reason than to have sex with children. Many countries, including the United States, are trying to clamp down on this awful practice.

Sex Tourism (http://www.usdoj.gov/criminal/ceos/sextour.html - broken link)
They are charging the people who arrange the sex tourism for sex with children with the crime as if they are the ones who actually having sex with the children.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies