Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2009, 06:34 PM

2,318 posts, read 1,895,160 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
We ALL know that Rush hates Obama because of his African heritage.

There are so many people that have (and will continue to have) a problem with any person of color (especially Blacks) being in a position of power.

Rush stated that he "wants Obama to fail". So basically he was expressing that he would rather destroy America than have America led by a Black man.

The people that listen to Rush also have a seething racial hatred. They will attempt to deflect from their racial hatred by calling anyone who makes the accusation "overly sensitive" or "playing the race card".

No true . I can say most of us whites would vote for a good man of color any day over a white man .

All minority racist do us divide us more . All you who vote for injustice and stealing from others to get freebees will lose everything both our ancesters worked for . More whites worked to build this nation because there were more of us . And most of us worked very hard and neer owned a slave . Alot of us fought for equal rights but were rewarded by being hated and will lose what we both built together, we are losing together .

You hate for the white man causes you to join anyone whos against them . I think you will live to regret it along with the rest of us . Then you will see who your real enemy was all along .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2009, 06:34 PM

1,902 posts, read 2,467,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
I really have to wonder about you Limbaugh fans. You insist he's not a racist, many of you insist you're not racists, but what do you make of this? I thought he was more sly than this usually.

In trying to make fun of
a speech by Obama to the NAACP, this sentence
That's not a reason to give up on your education and drop out of school.
is transcribed as
That's not a reason to give up on y'education and drop out of school.
"Latinos" is transcribed as "La-ti-nos".

Not racist, but - in the speech Obama says "our gay brothers and sisters"; this is transcribed as "our gay dead brothers and sisters".

Obama Stokes Racism at NAALCP

Oh, "NAALCP" - also.

Is this all right with you? Is he giving you what you want?
If your looking for racism, you need only look inside the Whitehouse.

Old 09-04-2009, 06:37 PM

2,318 posts, read 1,895,160 times
Quote:
Thanks calipoppy. So they proved in this thread.

The only thing ' proved ' here is lack of common sense .

Old 09-04-2009, 06:38 PM

13,163 posts, read 1,692,498 times
Quote:
"Limbaugh: I Hope Obama Fails." Somebody's gotta say it. [/indent]Limbaugh: I Hope Obama Fails

except he wasnt really honored because he backtracked later, as you point out.
He didn't backtrack at all. He had to explain what it means to those who don't know how to listen, how to hear and, therefore, comprehension eludes them.

Old 09-04-2009, 06:44 PM

50,367 posts, read 63,948,892 times
I really don't get how you are translating that as racist. La ti no? Huh? y'education? Heinous!

Rush has always referred to the NAACP as the NAALCP, since he sees it as a liberal organization whose suvival depends upon the continual beat of the same old drum of oppression by whitey. So what?

Old 09-04-2009, 06:45 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,148,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
He didn't backtrack at all. He had to explain what it means to those who don't know how to listen, how to hear and, therefore, comprehension eludes them.
I quoted his exact words. He said "I hope he fails" and "Limbaugh: I Hope Obama Fails". Dont know how much clearer you can get than that. Of course he "explained," and what he meant was that he hopes Obama fails.

Old 09-04-2009, 07:01 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,527,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappy&Me View Post
No true . I can say most of us whites would vote for a good man of color any day over a white man .

All minority racist do us divide us more . All you who vote for injustice and stealing from others to get freebees will lose everything both our ancesters worked for . More whites worked to build this nation because there were more of us . And most of us worked very hard and neer owned a slave . Alot of us fought for equal rights but were rewarded by being hated and will lose what we both built together, we are losing together .

You hate for the white man causes you to join anyone whos against them . I think you will live to regret it along with the rest of us . Then you will see who your real enemy was all along .
The foundation of this country was built on the backs of Black slaves.
(even the White House was built with Black slave labor) But I guess this doesn't count because they were owned by Whites.

And BTW, I have hatred for no one. Hatred takes a lot of energy.

The hatred that many are expressing towards Obama is on a scale that I have never seen before with any other President. George W Bush didn't get this much venom and he did put the country on a path of destruction.

During the GWB administration, his detractors did not stoop to the disgusting levels which the Anti-Obama crowd has done. The silent racists inside of them have boiled to the surface.

It is one thing to disagree with the policies of a President. It is another thing to wish for the downfall of his presidency (and thus the nation)

I did not care for the policies and decisions of GWB but I would never have done the things that this "lynch mob" is attempting to do to Obama. And no matter how you people slice it and try to cover up your real motives....WE ALL KNOW WHAT YOU OBAMA HATERS ARE REALLY TRYING TO DO

Old 09-04-2009, 08:06 PM

13,163 posts, read 1,692,498 times
It's not hate. I don't believe people are Obama haters. I think most well-intentioned Americans are concerned for their country. They want the country to survive, and the citizenry to prosper.
I don't call it hate. I'd call it suspicion, only because so much of what he said he'd do isn't turning out to be what many expected, and because of the kinds of people he has surrounded himself with. Coupled with the background that he himself has, there's reason to question and express concern. All that aside, the actions of ANY administration that would spend such vast sums of money, sending the country into unfathomable debt, would result in protests from some sectors.

Old 09-04-2009, 08:09 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,937,590 times
Quote:
Thanks calipoppy. So they proved in this thread.
I still haven't found any examples of racism in your OP - where is it?

Rush has never, ever backpedaled about wanting obama's policies to fail, which would be a great thing for this wonderful nation.

I consider it my patriotic duty to do everything I can to see his policies and agenda fail completely.

Old 09-04-2009, 08:29 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,527,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
It's not hate. I don't believe people are Obama haters. I think most well-intentioned Americans are concerned for their country. They want the country to survive, and the citizenry to prosper.
I don't call it hate. I'd call it suspicion, only because so much of what he said he'd do isn't turning out to be what many expected, and because of the kinds of people he has surrounded himself with. Coupled with the background that he himself has, there's reason to question and express concern. All that aside, the actions of ANY administration that would spend such vast sums of money, sending the country into unfathomable debt, would result in protests from some sectors.

Right....no racial undertones here .

Where was all of this suspicion and concern for our nation when GWB was terrorizing Americans with tales of Weapons of Mass Destruction and limiting our rights to privacy under the "Patriot" Act?

Where was the "outrage" when Bush took America from a surplus to a budget deficit and marched our soldiers off to fight a vendetta (and profiteer's) war for oil with a with a country that had not posed a threat to us?

The real motivation of the teabaggers, birthers, "Obama's a Nazi" crowd, "Obama's an Arab/Muslim/Terrorist" crowd is very apparent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies