Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2009, 08:58 AM

1,140 posts, read 2,074,409 times

Advertisements

So, when Obama jumped to the conclusion that the white policeman "acted stupidly" before even knowing the facts is...what?

Please, you libs act outraged and play the race card whenever you have nothing else, which is most of the time. Get off the soapbox already and look at what's happening to your country.

I only wish that minorities would open their eyes and realize that the libs have done far more to oppress them than to help them. Affirmative action, welfare,and other entitlement programs do nothing to really help people. You end up with generations that don't know how to become self sufficient, and even worse, really don't want to be. But then, a self sufficient public is not what the dems want. They'd rather keep those government handouts coming...can you say voter base.

The race card is easily used by the dems - those same people that are sucking the taxpayers dry are more than happy to believe that they're being oppressed by "those racists". They would much rather believe that than rock the boat that's the source of their freebies.

Try encouraging people to be law abiding, self reliant taypayers instead of leeches sucking the blood of society.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2009, 09:04 AM

1,878 posts, read 2,063,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
I really have to wonder about you Limbaugh fans. You insist he's not a racist, many of you insist you're not racists, but what do you make of this? I thought he was more sly than this usually.

In trying to make fun of
a speech by Obama to the NAACP, this sentence
That's not a reason to give up on your education and drop out of school.
is transcribed as
That's not a reason to give up on y'education and drop out of school.
"Latinos" is transcribed as "La-ti-nos".

Not racist, but - in the speech Obama says "our gay brothers and sisters"; this is transcribed as "our gay dead brothers and sisters".

Obama Stokes Racism at NAALCP

Oh, "NAALCP" - also.

Is this all right with you? Is he giving you what you want?
I don't listen to Rush. Actually I've only heard is show a few very short times so I really don't have an opinion if he is a racist or not. It seems that these days, a racist is a matter of opinion. Everyone sees racist things differently, some over react and some people it doesn't bother at all.

Old 09-04-2009, 09:06 AM

2,016 posts, read 5,204,023 times
Quote:
I really have to wonder about you Limbaugh fans. You insist he's not a racist, many of you insist you're not racists, but what do you make of this? I thought he was more sly than this usually.

In trying to make fun of
a speech by Obama to the NAACP, this sentence
That's not a reason to give up on your education and drop out of school.
is transcribed as
That's not a reason to give up on y'education and drop out of school.

Not racist, but - in the speech Obama says "our gay brothers and sisters"; this is transcribed as "our gay dead brothers and sisters".

Obama Stokes Racism at NAALCP

Oh, "NAALCP" - also.

The only saving grace is that he's an old fart and is getting older (and more demented) by the day. Eventually, he and his ilk, will go the way of the dinosaur (become extinct) and all they will be is dust in the wind...and a faint reminder of the days when America was held hostage by hate and fear-mongering.

Old 09-04-2009, 09:09 AM

1,718 posts, read 2,298,526 times
Quote:
It's about the transcription at Rush Limbaugh's site of a speech by Obama to the NAACP.

This sentence --

"That's not a reason to give up on your education and drop out of school"

-- is transcribed as

"That's not a reason to give up on y'education and drop out of school".

the link is in the OP; Rush also calls the NAACP the "NAALCP". All these right wingers posting in this thread seem well aware of this editing over there but it was news to me.
Yeah, that's the same thing you said in your OP. I still don't understand why it's racist. Can you elaborate?

Thanks.

Reel

Old 09-04-2009, 09:10 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,141,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reelist in Atlanta View Post
Yeah, that's the same thing you said in your OP. I still don't understand why it's racist. Can you elaborate?

Thanks.

Reel
Put it this way. I doubt that he used dialect in his transcripts of GWB's speeches.

Old 09-04-2009, 10:07 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,081,664 times
Quote:
And you think its Conservatives that lack a sense of humor.. Wow, is this really the best complaint you can come up with?

Old 09-04-2009, 10:14 AM

1,781 posts, read 2,680,469 times
Exclamation EHHHHHHHT...Wrong Answer, Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
and anyone who does not agree with Obama and his administration is automatically racist.
I call BS on that immediately...I voted for Mr Obama...I'm as black as the day is long...but I've said this elsewhere on CD and I'll say it again, for your benefit---voting for and supporting someone does NOT preclude you having the right to 'rip him a new one' if he's wrong about something, or if you have questions...

I think it's downright damned dumb to label someone a racist if they don't agree with the President...as we've all seen recently, there are a LOT of folks who disagree with him, both supporters AND non-supporters, and to call them racists for not agreeing sinks to new depths of stupidity...I certainly don't think that, and I will NOT try to stop someone else from speaking their minds...just wish that the 'R' word wouldn't get bounced back and forth so much

Old 09-04-2009, 10:55 AM

6,762 posts, read 11,625,985 times
Quote:
Put it this way. I doubt that he used dialect in his transcripts of GWB's speeches.
Thats because GWB sounded the same regardless of the crowd he was talking too.

Put it this way, I bet the left never made fun of GWB's dialect, right?

Old 09-04-2009, 12:48 PM

9,888 posts, read 10,818,311 times
Quote:

the link is in the OP; Rush also calls the NAACP the "NAALCP". .
? so what is the problem with this, calling colored folk liberal now considered racist?

Old 09-04-2009, 12:51 PM

9,888 posts, read 10,818,311 times
Quote:
Ask RobertGibbs, lol.

well, thanks to all of you for proving that you dont mind Rush's racism. I wondered, now I know.
Are you sure he is a racist, or does he just not like Liberal black folk? and if so does that still make him a racist?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies