Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do You "Pledge Allegiance" To Obama or America
I Pledge Allegiance To America 38 67.86%
I Pledge Allegiance To Obama 3 5.36%
I Pledge Allegiance To My Political Party 0 0%
Other 15 26.79%
not sure 0 0%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2009, 11:07 AM

16,259 posts, read 24,758,986 times

Advertisements

Silly trolling poll.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2009, 11:09 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,148,897 times
No, I dont! If some movie stars made a video for GWB to give him on his inauguration I wouldnt care, why should I?

It was shown in ONE school in Utah, and the teachers hadnt looked at it beforehand. In fact their objection was to the guy saying "I will not give the finger...."

examiner.com : The Obama 'I Pledge' video is really not that controversial, watch for yourself
I confess to not having heard or seen the "I Pledge" video before so I decided to look it up. I seriously looked for anything that might be seen as controversial or radical but failed to find it. First, it is a false allegation that the celebrities in the video only about making pledges to serve Obama. In contrast, each celebrity makes a pledge to a cause of their choice with a only a few out of the nearly hundred pledges having anything to do with Obama. What are these controversial "causes" of the celebrities? Here is a sampling of the pledges:
The point is, you all are being played and used...as usual. Dont you get tired of it?

Old 09-04-2009, 11:10 AM

26,211 posts, read 19,516,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayneinspain View Post
May I suggest a rather high dosage of Xanax or Depakote? breathing into a brown paper bag, even?

You are FREAKING OUT over a campaign commercial from LAST YEAR, and the fact that ONE PERSON made the stupid mistake of showing it at a school.

Furthermore, all this insistence by certain posters that anyone who voted for Obama has become brainwashed (while those posters continue to post outrageous conspiracy theories and assorted trolling threads) would do well to evaluate their own mental state. Seeing threats, hidden messages, and boogeymen at every turn is NOT healthy.

I've said the Pledge of Allegiance, as have my husband, my children, and the rest of our liberal/democrat/independent families...even so, I'm hard-pressed to be completely proud of this country at the moment with so much hatred and unpatriotic horses**t being spewed by so many.

You are trying to be rational with the irrational. The OP pledges allegiance to all things Republican, and he opposes any and all things Obama.

It's like the woman asking Barney Frank a question while holding a sign that depicted Obama as Hitler: You cannot be logical with people who do not understand logic.

Nice try though.

Old 09-04-2009, 11:12 AM

7,835 posts, read 8,438,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXboomerang View Post

And I'm sure you would have had no trouble with a video encouraging people to pledge themselves to Bush being shown to school kids?
How did it make its way into that ONE SCHOOL'S classrooms?

Oh, that's right, the school board voted and approved showing it.

What does that have to do with Obama?

If you have a problem with it (and I'm not even saying you shouldn't), direct your ire to the people RESPONSIBLE -- that ONE PARTICULAR school board.

Old 09-04-2009, 11:13 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,301,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
I pledge allegiance to truth, justice, and the U.S. Constitution.

“Look at my arms, you will find no party hand-cuff on them.†-Davy Crockett
This might be the first thing you've ever posted that makes sense.

Old 09-04-2009, 11:15 AM

3,301 posts, read 6,326,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by subsound View Post
I work with the duly elected leader of the republic, political party is irrelevant and the two are not exclusionary.

So many people just hate him and make up such crazy crap. I love how people are pulling their kids out of school because "Obama" said kids should be educated (damnportlanders: Politics again). The irrational hatred needs to stop, it's pretty easy to see at this point it's not a difference in opinion anymore but a deep seated hatred about what some one is (one of those pesky -ism's).
You are a race-baiter. Obama's politics has nothing to do with racism, but to you race-baiters...

Old 09-04-2009, 11:17 AM

2,016 posts, read 5,205,090 times
You hit the nail on the head - "pledges allegiance to ALL things Republican." Sad, but true. I mean no offense to the OP; but this is what I see as well.

P.S. - I supported Bush (along with many other people after 9/11 because our country was in deep shock and hurting (even though I did not vote for him). Only after we figured out that we were duped into attacking Iraq and starting a war with them, did I start vehemently being opposed to his policies. I realize that Bush had a lot of people behind the scenes making executive decisions (namely, Dick Cheney), but still, Bush had to take accountability because he was the president. I still don't hate Bush today; frankly, I think he took on more than he could handle; I think that he was the puppet for the neo-cons, corporate interests, and war profiteers. Sure, the Christian Evangalicals hitched their wagon to the GOP, and they didn't get everything they wanted either; not for the lack of trying, that is.

I never thought that Bush was trying to be this or that (like Obama is being attacked for now). The people who hate Obama, I have a feeling, hate him because he has disrupted the entire flow of things and how it was done in the past. Basically, the Old Boys Club - has been infiltrated by someone other than their own. The breeding and the color is all wrong; sorry to say that, but I'm beginning to believe that it is true.

Old 09-04-2009, 11:18 AM

5,906 posts, read 5,736,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProudCapMarine View Post
You are a race-baiter. Obama's politics has nothing to do with racism, but to you race-baiters...
The politics don't, but the outrage against him certainly does in many cases.

Old 09-04-2009, 11:20 AM

17,531 posts, read 24,693,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProudCapMarine View Post
Do You "Pledge of Allegiance" To Obama or America

Every Day another load

http://www.insidesocal.com/bargain/GarbageTruck.jpg (broken link)

Old 09-04-2009, 11:21 AM

16,259 posts, read 24,758,986 times
The Republican Pledge!

I pledge alligiance to Bush
Who ruins the United States of America
And to The Republicans for which he stands
One President who is a God
With recession and wars for all
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies