Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2009, 08:18 AM

27,213 posts, read 46,724,071 times

Advertisements

Obama wants kids to write down (after he has changed from writing to him) their goals for later on....

This is disturbing to me because my kid just before the ending of the school year had to do the same in school...so why is this president wasting time on something the school already had the children do....doesn't he trust the school system to be good and is he thinking that he came up with a great idea of "change"?

To me this is wasting valuable time that he could spend on something that isn't a repeat from last year.

So PLEASE Mr. President start focusing on the economy and let us worry about our kids or maybe you should try to reach out to kids who aren't in school and start in Chicago since you wasted your time when you where a Senator and could have done that and showed us that you really had a accomplishment!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2009, 08:23 AM

24,873 posts, read 36,155,231 times
give me a break. this has everything to do with him being a democrat that you don't like and nothing to do with his message.

Old 09-05-2009, 08:31 AM

Nope, just with the wasting of precious educational time to make the ego of this president feel good and go on with campaigning.

Old 09-05-2009, 08:34 AM

17,764 posts, read 39,717,430 times
And the hysteria continues.

IF YOU DON'T EAT YOUR MEAT, YOU CAN'T HAVE ANY PUDDING, HOW CAN YOU HAVE ANY PUDDING IF YOU DON'T EAT YOUR MEAT?

I don't recall this much hubbub when Reagan went off on a tangent about the virtues of lower taxes to school kids in 1988.

The far rightwing is so out of control right now and unfortunately, the Obama administration is just sitting there going homina homina homina.

If my kids want to write to the President, great, I say! How democratic is that???? During the Cheney years, they couldn't have given a rat's pittottee about what school kids have to say.

Old 09-05-2009, 08:34 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,672,493 times
Maybe he should have been a school teacher.

Old 09-05-2009, 09:52 AM

Obama was a community worker...so why isn't he using his knowledge and experience from the short time he worked like that....and go into communities with high drop out rates for school and talk to the kids there...or go to juvenile and do a motivational speech over there...these kids need and should go back to school...and let them write down their goals...and not goals like smoking pot and committing crimes!

Old 09-05-2009, 10:06 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,694,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Obama was a community worker...so why isn't he using his knowledge and experience from the short time he worked like that....and go into communities with high drop out rates for school and talk to the kids there...or go to juvenile and do a motivational speech over there...these kids need and should go back to school...and let them write down their goals...and not goals like smoking pot and committing crimes!
If he actually did that (went out into communities to talk to potential dropouts, etc) you'd be up in arms. Nothing he does is OK with you, you should just admit that.

Old 09-05-2009, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
If he actually did that (went out into communities to talk to potential dropouts, etc) you'd be up in arms. Nothing he does is OK with you, you should just admit that.
Mayb you are right...since it is to me not the time to do so...people are losing their jobs.

Next month the percentage may go down due to the fact that many people have reached the 1 year of unemployment and won't receive anymore benefits and won't be counted for but are still without a job and no money.

That is where his focus should be not on children who are in school and are bothered by him during class.

Old 09-05-2009, 12:47 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,442,711 times
Good point bentlebee. The kids needing the most talking to about education are not in the classrooms; they are the older crowd 16-18 skipping school or already dropped out.

But, if you think about it, the President being on TV telling a 6th grader to stay in school will probably mean squat to that 6th grader.

Old 09-05-2009, 01:05 PM

37,959 posts, read 22,134,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Obama wants kids to write down (after he has changed from writing to him) their goals for later on....

This is disturbing to me because my kid just before the ending of the school year had to do the same in school...so why is this president wasting time on something the school already had the children do....doesn't he trust the school system to be good and is he thinking that he came up with a great idea of "change"?

To me this is wasting valuable time that he could spend on something that isn't a repeat from last year.

So PLEASE Mr. President start focusing on the economy and let us worry about our kids or maybe you should try to reach out to kids who aren't in school and start in Chicago since you wasted your time when you where a Senator and could have done that and showed us that you really had a accomplishment!
All the fascist dictators, throughout the world's history, have wanted to start influencing the minds of the children as soon as possible.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies