Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-08-2009, 09:56 AM

1,535 posts, read 1,633,806 times

Advertisements

Americans are fat dumb and happy mostly, but if you cut off the fuel for the vechicles and trucking to the malls, then all bets are off. If the dollar loses it's value and you can't purchase anything with it a your children are going hungry, yeah you might get mad and do something.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2009, 09:57 AM

13,387 posts, read 19,428,052 times
It'll be a cyber war.

Old 09-08-2009, 10:08 AM

13,138 posts, read 22,813,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowerdeck View Post
With the way the Republican fascists and Democrat fascists are battling each other, and with reality that both sides are eagerly seeking complete and total destruction and submission of the other side (especially with the conservatives rampant desire to take up arms)...

How long is it before we get full scale widespread violent conflict in this country? Political battles unseen in America, but yet common in other parts of the world?
You would have to be a total fool to actually take up arms for democrats and republicans. I don't think people, dumb as we are would be willing. We peasants don't take them seriously enough, much less respect them.

Now class wars and race wars... those are the powder kegs waiting to go boom in this country.

Old 09-08-2009, 10:18 AM

83 posts, read 160,638 times
Default Hahaa

I can't believe you brought an Al Gore DVD to a GUN FIGHT!!! HAHAHAHA

How hilarious. Clinging to GUNS and bibles looks pretty good now huh??

Old 09-08-2009, 10:30 AM

35,879 posts, read 77,491,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
Ain't it the truth though. I have to laught at a lot of these so called 'rebel' wannabes talking about armed insurrection. These clowns don't have a CLUE what such a conflict would really be like. Have they given any thought to how the wounded will be cared for, what will happen to their families, how they will feed themselves and keep other supplies moving etc? The ones who are yelling the loudest about 'civil war' have not even thought about, what it would be like to watch their wounded die of gangrene, paritinitis from stomach wounds, or how their kids crying because of pain caused by plain old hunger is going to sound. Can anyone honestly think that being holed up in a damp cave in the dead of winter, wishing they had not used the last match to light the last cigarette, hiding from a better eqipped and armed force and having to eat carrion is going to be ....glamorous. War, of any kind, is not just running around with a rifle setting up ambushes. The reality of things does not figure in for some folks , I guess.
Thank you for stating exactly what I have been thinking throughout this thread.

Old 09-08-2009, 10:32 AM

8,396 posts, read 9,442,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowerdeck View Post
With the way the Republican fascists and Democrat fascists are battling each other, and with reality that both sides are eagerly seeking complete and total destruction and submission of the other side (especially with the conservatives rampant desire to take up arms)...

How long is it before we get full scale widespread violent conflict in this country? Political battles unseen in America, but yet common in other parts of the world?

Civil War?

Started in 1861. Ended in 1865. Those wanting to refight it have the internet today.

Old 09-08-2009, 10:42 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,935,949 times
Ain't gonna happen, Period. Those that talk of it are nothing more than talk. FYI, IF an attempt was made to force their POV on the Nation and bring down the legally elected government of the United States of America, it would not be a civil war, just some Traitors commiting acts of terror and their being dealt with once and for all. So, if you fall into the group that wants a war, do yourself a favor, kiss your family and friends goodbye, if you survive, which is doubtful, you will only see them on visting day. If you hate our government then either change it through the legal means, protest and/or voting, or just leave. Wasn't it the Right that said "America, Love It or Leave It", please take your own advice.
Casper

Old 09-08-2009, 10:45 AM

18,158 posts, read 15,626,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chango View Post
You would have to be a total fool to actually take up arms for democrats and republicans. I don't think people, dumb as we are would be willing. We peasants don't take them seriously enough, much less respect them.

Now class wars and race wars... those are the powder kegs waiting to go boom in this country.
Yea, that is a more realistic proposition. Major conflict would be confined, mainly , to urban areas though. Call me silly but, I have a generous supply of stay alive stuff stored on the place. It's not there in preparation for a war, we live a ways out, so, it's an anything can happen thing. Food, medicine,heat sources, we have a well that I can make work without power, needs be, I keep a 500 ga propane tank filled,we raise our own meat and can out of our garden and fruit trees, medical reference books, lots of batteries and a couple radios, spices, especially salt, we could stay alive for a spell if we got cut off , for whatever reason. If general unrest of a race, econmimic or class war were to spill out of urban areas as far out as where we are, the valley is well manned and equipped to stave off an incursion and defend our supplies. We all stick together out here. Thats a big plus. Tensions in these latter areas IS running a bit high. I'm sure not in any hurry to have to look to my guns to keep my and my neighbors food safe, but if it should come to that , I will do what I must. What I don't understand is how many seem to think we SHOULD be in a hurry to see things go thus. These types have not thought things through enough. Oh, I bet they have guns and ammo, but what about the other things?

Old 09-08-2009, 10:46 AM

4,783 posts, read 3,741,829 times
Yes traitors just like those who opposed the King. LOL

Old 09-08-2009, 11:16 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,935,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irspow View Post
Yes traitors just like those who opposed the King. LOL
Wrong, they are nothing alike, that is the label some are trying to use for themselves, nothing could be further from the truth, read some history.
Casper
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies