Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2009, 02:35 PM

35 posts, read 44,464 times

Advertisements

The gas is cheaper down south.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2009, 03:04 PM

46,951 posts, read 25,984,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
You still are not getting it right. Yes, we take in Federal dollars - which we WOULD NOT NEED if we did not have Federally mandated programs thrust upon us.
Unless the federal mandate is to burn the money in a field somewhere, that money is still injected into your state's economy. The people who take on the job of carrying out those despised federal programs pay taxes and spend their paycheck in-state.

Old 09-07-2009, 04:11 PM

1,535 posts, read 1,633,806 times
What happens if a crash does come and all trucking gets stopped, what will the northeast live on. Those big cities and no gas or grocieries being shipped in, until the military can get some kind of organization going. It would be dog eat dog type of living. Nope I'll stay in the south where we help each other thru thick or thin.

Old 09-07-2009, 04:13 PM

16,259 posts, read 24,763,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
LMAO, you ain't gettin' my state. Least ways not the part from about Beatty on north. You Libs are welcome to CA and the Vegas area. Any Vegas types that lean right will come north with us anyway. You ain't gonna get WV, AL, VT, NH , MT, WY,the Dakotas, OR, or WA either, and I don't care what color any state was after the last election, that does not mean those states are 'liberal. NV is a prime example. LMAO< I don't care what ANYONE says, NV is NOT a 'liberal' state. Especially here in the northern half. The north is primarily rural, sparsely populated towns and valleys. Large population centers are spread hundreds of miles apart. This state is not a glowing bastion of progressive liberal thinking and lifestyles. Harry Reid(who is OUT ,finally, in 2010) notwithstanding. If you want to seperate, OK, we get south of the Mason/Dixon and west of the Rocky's (minus CA) and you get the rest Minus WV, I like that sate.
Sorry Bud but Nevada is ours. It is a blue state now in case you haven't checked. You can have Utah however. Another state the country has not alot of use for. You can maybe get that plural marriage thing going there again. You know they gave it up to join the union so if they get out, they can go back to it.

Old 09-07-2009, 04:20 PM

16,259 posts, read 24,763,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowerdeck View Post
If we're to draw historical comparison, I'm thinking we're at like 1859 or 1860. There's no secession movements actually getting strong enough steam, no shots fired, no massive armies coming against each other.

2010 and 2011 don't look promising if history is to repeat itself.
I agree with that. I sometimes wish I could have lived back in the era of the Civil War so I could have joined Sherman's army and helped burn the south and kill rednecks but that was a once in history deal. Eventually the neo cons will accept defeat at the polls and be quiet. This is really their last gap. They know the demographics and the political trends are against them. The country is becoming more liberal and less white.

Old 09-07-2009, 04:21 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,261,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
Sorry Bud but Nevada is ours. It is a blue state now in case you haven't checked.
Senator Harry Reid (D), Senate Majority Leader. Up for re-election in 2010. The latest polls have Senator Reid LOSING - BIG TIME next year.

While the election is over a year away - it seems Nevadan's are changing colors.

OBTW KevK - do you know WHY Nevada went for Reid versus McCain? I bet you don't

Old 09-07-2009, 04:23 PM

4,183 posts, read 6,524,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irspow View Post
The States would no doubt be far better off if Lincoln was not successful in staging his Federal Coup. Ever since that crime the States have merely been subjects to Federal tyranny.
Oh, I see what you mean. The United States of America started going downhill with the abolition of slavery. We get it now.

Old 09-07-2009, 04:25 PM

4,783 posts, read 3,741,829 times
I never mentioned slavery. And if you believe the civil war was waged over slavery...

Old 09-07-2009, 04:40 PM

4,183 posts, read 6,524,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irspow View Post
I never mentioned slavery. And if you believe the civil war was waged over slavery...

What was it waged over......health care reform?

Old 09-07-2009, 04:41 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,261,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndfmnlf View Post
What was it waged over......health care reform?
Trade.

The war started because of trade.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies