U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 09-05-2009, 07:39 PM
Status: "Wondering what Hillary is doing right now." (set 18 hours ago)
 
Location: North Carolina
2,287 posts, read 2,536,428 times
Reputation: 1998

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil0311 View Post
One more comment on this crap...it's these kind of whack job hoaxes that give the left their excuses to dismiss legitimate policy differences by labeling conservatives as "extremists" and the lunatic fringe.

I would much rather discuss why Obama's policies are hurting or would hurt the country, rather than debate where he was born and drag questionable birth certificates by the boat load into the press and the courts. But that's just me.
Wonderful post, and right on target. For me, it's just like the ignorant souls out there protesting against the Healthcare bill because of "death panels" and crap like that. For most of us, that has never had a thing to do with our reasons for being against the plan. But of course, the media latches on to the most sensational story they can find, and a bunch of "you knows" are out there with signs and yelling "don't let the government euthanize my grandma" It does nothing but make it harder for us to educate people on the real reasons we don't want the plan. For me, it comes down to one thing. Freedom. I don't want to give up any of my freedom in order to let the government take care of things for me. I prefer to govern myself and take care of myself. I pay my own bills, and plan to continue doing so. My health is mine alone, and no government agency needs to have the ability to fine me if I choose to drop my health insurance. That is the bottom line folks. When people talk about wanting "choices", they don't just mean a choice between going government or keeping private healthcare. They mean having the freedom to drop it completely if the need arises. Or to not carry insurance at all if they so chose. That's a real choice. The government's idea of a choice isn't a choice at all. It is a trap.

But instead of talking about that, we find ourselves once again sucked into discussion of Obama's birthright status. Personally, I just don't get it. There are so many other real issues to discuss. But then again, the filing of an affadavit does make the story more tangible. But as I stated earlier, I would really prefer this be a hoax. Because the last thing we need is another blow like this. Citizens are already stressed to the max, and a revelation like this could send us over the edge.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 09-05-2009, 07:40 PM
Status: "On Break" (set 6 days ago)
 
Location: Foot of the Rockies
81,413 posts, read 91,841,888 times
Reputation: 28071
Quote:
Originally Posted by pommysmommy View Post
Buy the book and read it groar. It is not my job to educate you.
If you expect us to believe you, you are going to have to provide the proof.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-05-2009, 07:40 PM
 
7,414 posts, read 12,447,626 times
Reputation: 4904
oh, and the source of the claim that obama received a scholarship as a foreign student is from an e-mail forward that included a fake AP article, and cited fake organizations and a nonexistent article in the daily mail. the article was dated april 1. it claimed that obama received a fulbright scholarship, which he did not. and it claimed that he was registered at occidental under the name soetoro, which school officials have denied. it also claimed that his school records were released, when the fact that they haven't been is a major part of the birthers' talking points.

i know the response will be "wahh factcheck are commies wahh" but this article is thorough and well researched, unlike forum posts on antijihadresistance.com: http://www.factcheck.org/2009/05/was...rn-in-the-usa/

and here's pommysmommy, citing dunham & soetoro's divorce papers, another document that her previous link claims has been "sealed" by obama. so which is it? is he hiding that information, or is that information readily available and proves that he's indonesian?

oh and i feel like a broken record, but it's not *my* job to back up *your* claims for you. that's *your* research, not mine, if you expect what you say to be taken seriously.

Last edited by groar; 09-05-2009 at 07:49 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-05-2009, 07:41 PM
Status: "On Break" (set 6 days ago)
 
Location: Foot of the Rockies
81,413 posts, read 91,841,888 times
Reputation: 28071
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseyB View Post
Her parent's citizenship is not what applies here. She was not a minor, but she was not entitled to convey citizenship to her child until she reached the age of 19, if said child was born outside the country (which has yet to be proved). Grandparents don't count.
At the time, 18 was considered a minor. Not that it matters. He was born in Hawaii.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-05-2009, 07:41 PM
 
Location: NJ/NY
10,622 posts, read 15,431,282 times
Reputation: 2762
Besides the fact that you're linking a blog, nowhere in that document is Barack Obama even mentioned.

Besides the fact that a minor cannot renounce their US Citizenship as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-05-2009, 07:42 PM
Status: "Wondering what Hillary is doing right now." (set 18 hours ago)
 
Location: North Carolina
2,287 posts, read 2,536,428 times
Reputation: 1998
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post
Birth Certificates with the footprint are provided by the hospital as a keepsake.

My BC does not have a footprint on it.
That's what I meant. I have a regular copy, and then my mom gave me the keepsake copy. Do they not do the keepsake thing in other countries?

PS. What am I saying here, of course they don't. We are talking about Kenya here. Hey, maybe we should ask for Obama's keepsake copy. That is the ultimate proof, right?(smiley,smiley,smiley)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-05-2009, 07:42 PM
 
9,880 posts, read 8,217,084 times
Reputation: 2873
Quote:
Originally Posted by groar View Post
oh, and the source of the claim that obama received a scholarship as a foreign student is from an e-mail forward that included a fake AP article. the article was dated april 1. it claimed that obama received a fulbright scholarship, which he did not. and it claimed that he was registered under the name soetoro, which school officials have denied. it also claimed that his school records were released, when the fact that they haven't been is part of the birthers' talking points.

so, another load of you know what.
Until Obama releases his education records I will continue to believe that he attended a US university on a foreign student scholarship. Prove me wrong. You can't because Obama will not release the records. I wonder why.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-05-2009, 07:44 PM
 
Location: Imaginary Figment
11,458 posts, read 11,654,305 times
Reputation: 4754
There are some nutjobs on that site, thanking God for their latest "Revelation."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-05-2009, 07:44 PM
Status: "On Break" (set 6 days ago)
 
Location: Foot of the Rockies
81,413 posts, read 91,841,888 times
Reputation: 28071
However, the
most important revelation is that Barack Obama and his sister
Maya had been legally adopted by Lolo Soetoro:

“The parties have 1 children below age 18 and 1 chidren above 18
but still dependent on the parties for education.”



From the link about the Soetoro's divorce.

Actually, Maya was born to Obama's mother and Lolo Soetoro. Pure bunk.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-05-2009, 07:45 PM
 
Location: Imaginary Figment
11,458 posts, read 11,654,305 times
Reputation: 4754
Quote:
Originally Posted by pommysmommy View Post
Until Obama releases his education records I will continue to believe that he attended a US university on a foreign student scholarship. Prove me wrong. You can't because Obama will not release the records. I wonder why.
He doesn't have to release a damn thing.

This is like me standing in front of your house and screaming that you are insane. All you have to do is produce records to show that you are not.

Until then, I will assume you're nuts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2017, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 - Top