Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2009, 03:14 PM

628 posts, read 1,315,835 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
After 1952, as long as one parent is a US citizen and has resided in the US for at least 10 years (with 5 of those years after age 14) then the child is a citizen of the US. That would seem O's mom had met the requirements so that O would be a citizen, even if he were born in Kenya.
•Only native-born U.S. citizens (or those born abroad, but only to parents who were both citizens of the U.S.) may be president of the United States, though from time to time that requirement is called into question, most recently after Arnold Schwarzenegger, born in Austria, was elected governor of California, in 2003. The Constitution originally provided a small loophole to this provision: One needn't have been born in the United States but had to be a citizen at the time the Constitution was adopted. But, since that occurred in 1789, that ship has sailed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2009, 03:15 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,045,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reads2MUCH View Post
Well, if you read this small bit of info., it would seem the wording of the document in question would be correct.
Good point, my monitors are set to 1920 x 1200, I had to take the document into photoshop to verify your point. Props, it was a fun trivia exercise.

Old 09-05-2009, 03:18 PM

46,951 posts, read 25,984,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
And what is your opinion of this filed affidavit ? That affidavit is a legally binding document.
My opinion: Some enterprising Kenyan is right now counting his "consideration" and laughing his ass off at the dumb American(s). Good on him, says I. I hope he spends the money wisely.

Old 09-05-2009, 03:19 PM

10,020 posts, read 15,662,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
After 1952, as long as one parent is a US citizen and has resided in the US for at least 10 years (with 5 of those years after age 14) then the child is a citizen of the US. That would seem O's mom had met the requirements so that O would be a citizen, even if he were born in Kenya.
It doesn't apply in this case because she doesn't meet that 5 year requirement. She had him when she was 18.

Old 09-05-2009, 03:25 PM

3,555 posts, read 7,849,301 times
ergohead (displaying a suprising LACK of knowledge of the US Constitution/succession) wrote;

Quote:
Not if Joey was appointed by an imposter.
If by "Joey" you mean Vice President Joe Biden, and not someone on Friends, then he wasn't "apppointed" to anything. He was selected to be on the ballot, then approved by the party. Then PLACED on the ballot in (AFAIK) all 50 states. That's how he got to be VP.

Quote:
Folks, may I present to you your new President and Vice-President, John McCain and the lovely Sarah Palin.
Not even close, no cigar, except maybe an exploding one. I've never seen a provision where the loser gets the job, except in 2000 when the US Supreme Court went rogue.

"Lovely" Sarah Palin? Is there another one running around that's "lovely"?

I swear some of you people get crazier every day.

golfgod

Old 09-05-2009, 03:26 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,209,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ergohead View Post
Not if Joey was appointed by an imposter.

Folks, may I present to you your new President and Vice-President, John McCain and the lovely Sarah Palin.
LOL..like a Miss America runner up? Somehow I don't think it works like that. Beisdes, wouldn't that mean HILLARY would have got the nod for the Dems? She would have whopped McCain/Palin too.

Old 09-05-2009, 03:30 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,472,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
LOL..like a Miss America runner up? Somehow I don't think it works like that. Beisdes, wouldn't that mean HILLARY would have got the nod for the Dems? She would have whopped McCain/Palin too.
OMG how funny. Should we let "The Donald" step in and make a decision ?

Old 09-05-2009, 03:32 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,319,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golfgod View Post
ergohead (displaying a suprising LACK of knowledge of the US Constitution/succession) wrote;

If by "Joey" you mean Vice President Joe Biden, and not someone on Friends, then he wasn't "apppointed" to anything. He was selected to be on the ballot, then approved by the party. Then PLACED on the ballot in (AFAIK) all 50 states. That's how he got to be VP.

Not even close, no cigar, except maybe an exploding one. I've never seen a provision where the loser gets the job, except in 2000 when the US Supreme Court went rogue.

"Lovely" Sarah Palin? Is there another one running around that's "lovely"?

I swear some of you people get crazier every day.

golfgod
McCain and Palin ran unopposed - and won the election.

86,052 posts, read 84,472,986 times
I agree Ceece..Hillary would have won over McCain hands down.
IMHO I think she would have been a good feisty President.
She certainly didn't let Bill's antics in the WH stand in her way of working herself into politics.

3,857 posts, read 6,957,099 times
LOL. That is one huge footprint. Even bigger when the image is enlarged and shown real size.
Obama is Bigfoot? Somebody tell Beck.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies