Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2009, 09:07 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,096,009 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ration View Post
No I'm not angry because someone pointed out facts to me. I'm not angry at all. In fact I'm quite pleased that this extension WILL pass and when it does, it'll leave a third degree burn on your rectum. I would think with all your money you would have better things to do than spend your time writing 13,000 + posts here on this site. But of course B.S.ing is your true line of business isn't it?
How many people do I employ?
property investment company, ZERO employees because it contracts with other SELF EMPLOYEDs who locate properties for me, sell properties to me, and fix and repair these properties for me. Started with ZERO capital, bank loans.
distribution company, ZERO employees, because again, it contracts out to retail outlets who sell the items that I distribute, and I never take possession of.. btw, started with ZERO capital.
retail company, ZERO employees, its an internet retail company that takes products from A, and processes orders from B, and again, I never see the products, the order, or even know whats going on with this business because it sits on a computer behind me and self operates. It however did require 50+ hour work weeks bringing in zero pay for YEARS.. and btw, ZERO capital to start.
publishing company, ZERO employees, unless you want to count the individuals I contract out to print out the products or the 3rd party distribution company, or the retail stores who all receive profits from the items I own publishing rights to. Total capital needed under $1,000
football team, (pro indoor team), technically zero, independent contractors are hired to manage and of course pay the players a salary, on the books, but its seasonal. Total capital needed, dont even ask
dozens of land trust corporations, go back to property investment company, because these are holding corporations.
consulting business, ME,
next week I'm closing on an airport, number of employees, a handful, capital needed dont even ask.
my hedge fund will be created, zero employees, as customer service, programming and risk management are going to be contracted out, total capital needed, less than my tax REFUND last year.

You think you needing welfare is going to be harmful to me? You must have missed the fact that I DONT PAY INCOME TAXES, so I sure in the hell dont pay unemployment "tax" I mean insurance. You can get welfare for the rest of your life, it wont affect me..

As for the # of posts, you'd find that many of my companies actually involve the internet

p.s. I note you think the ones I listed are ones who need "significant" capital. If you think buying a lawnmower, or a printer is "significant" then maybe I was wrong when I said you should go file for welfare, maybe you are already on it. The fact that you think the investment in any of these needed is "significant", goes to show that you have been taught to get a job in life and thats where you'll stay. We'll see you posting again in 2 years crying cause you need unemployment again, or your job flipping burgers dont pay enough..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2009, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Again, read before you post. It only makes you appear to be more of an idiot when you don't. The money comes from employers not you so go have a dip in the pool and cool off a bit.

P.S. Nobody with any education starts off a sentence with "Um,". Einstein said it best when he stated, "the only infinites known to man are the universe and human stupidity...and I'm not 100% sure about the universe".
Think before you post, you said pay money to 15 million UNEMPLOYED, so they can go buy products and give money to those with jobs/companies. thats TRICKLE UP

Old 09-24-2009, 09:13 AM

Quote:
I'm still laughing at this one! Big bump for Riaelise! See you at the country club for a round of golf later today lol. By the way, didn't the Arena League just file for bankruptcy?
Arena league? You pretend there is only one
AFL
AF2
IFL
AIFA
CIFL
SIFL
NIFL
and yes, recently the AIFL closed down and became the AIFA due to a $500K judgment and the AFL is expected to cease operations. How is this different than any other business and do you understand that a league, is different from teams, who simply move from one league to another when this happens? Enjoy your trip to the country club, maybe you can carry someones golf clubs for a check while your there.

Old 09-24-2009, 09:20 AM

80 posts, read 277,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
How many people do I employ?
property investment company, ZERO employees because it contracts with other SELF EMPLOYEDs who locate properties for me, sell properties to me, and fix and repair these properties for me. Started with ZERO capital, bank loans.
distribution company, ZERO employees, because again, it contracts out to retail outlets who sell the items that I distribute, and I never take possession of.. btw, started with ZERO capital.
retail company, ZERO employees, its an internet retail company that takes products from A, and processes orders from B, and again, I never see the products, the order, or even know whats going on with this business because it sits on a computer behind me and self operates. It however did require 50+ hour work weeks bringing in zero pay for YEARS.. and btw, ZERO capital to start.
publishing company, ZERO employees, unless you want to count the individuals I contract out to print out the products or the 3rd party distribution company, or the retail stores who all receive profits from the items I own publishing rights to. Total capital needed under $1,000
football team, (pro indoor team), technically zero, independent contractors are hired to manage and of course pay the players a salary, on the books, but its seasonal. Total capital needed, dont even ask
dozens of land trust corporations, go back to property investment company, because these are holding corporations.
consulting business, ME,
next week I'm closing on an airport, number of employees, a handful, capital needed dont even ask.
my hedge fund will be created, zero employees, as customer service, programming and risk management are going to be contracted out, total capital needed, less than my tax REFUND last year.

You think you needing welfare is going to be harmful to me? You must have missed the fact that I DONT PAY INCOME TAXES, so I sure in the hell dont pay unemployment "tax" I mean insurance. You can get welfare for the rest of your life, it wont affect me..

As for the # of posts, you'd find that many of my companies actually involve the internet

p.s. I note you think the ones I listed are ones who need "significant" capital. If you think buying a lawnmower, or a printer is "significant" then maybe I was wrong when I said you should go file for welfare, maybe you are already on it. The fact that you think the investment in any of these needed is "significant", goes to show that you have been taught to get a job in life and thats where you'll stay. We'll see you posting again in 2 years crying cause you need unemployment again, or your job flipping burgers dont pay enough..
Well I at least got you to admit that none of the extension costs will come out of your pocket. That's a start. Now if I can just get you to admit you're full of crap about your so called businesses and your income tax obligations, we'll have made significant progress on the road to curing your compulsive lying.

I find it incredibly funny that you were dead set against the extension because it would come out of your pocket until I made the rectum burn comment. Keep posting bud.

Old 09-24-2009, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Arena league? You pretend there is only one
AFL
AF2
IFL
AIFA
CIFL
SIFL
NIFL
and yes, recently the AIFL closed down and became the AIFA due to a $500K judgment and the AFL is expected to cease operations. How is this different than any other business and do you understand that a league, is different from teams, who simply move from one league to another when this happens? Enjoy your trip to the country club, maybe you can carry someones golf clubs for a check while your there.
I think I'll just wait for the extension. Then I'll go on vacation down in your neck of the woods along with all my unemployed friends and welfare recipients. What was the name of the trailer park again?

Old 09-24-2009, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Well I at least got you to admit that none of the extension costs will come out of your pocket. That's a start. Now if I can just get you to admit you're full of crap about your so called businesses and your income tax obligations, we'll have made significant progress on the road to curing your compulsive lying.
Wrong again, extension costs come income of the companies . You do understand that if you have a business that you take money out of your pocket to pay "extension costs", that your losing money dont you?

Pretend you know what your talking about because if company brings in $1,000,000 and spends $1,000,000 a year, company has zero net profit and generate no tax liabities. If a property brings in $50,000 a year, and the mortgage payment is $50,000 a year, there is ZERO profits and ZERO taxes owed. I live by borrowing against these properties because again, borrowed funds are NON TAXABLE.. But pretend you know what others do for a living..
Quote:
I find it incredibly funny that you were dead set against the extension because it would come out of your pocket until I made the rectum burn comment. Keep posting bud.
I find it funny that you sit here and pretend I was against it because it "comes out of my pocket".. WRONG, Im dead set against it because its welfare and not the federal governments responsibility or obligation to perpetuate laziness and to pay for your incompetence to find a job or become responsible for your own income. I NEVER claimed it was because I would have to pay for it.

Old 09-24-2009, 09:28 AM

9,855 posts, read 15,203,236 times
Quote:
While it is true that having a backup plan is a good idea you're overlooking the fact that not everyone has access to the same contacts and resources as you. Not everyone went to college and not everyone knows how to put together a proper business plan.
Very true, however there are books out there with worksheets on how to write business plans. It takes some effort, but it is something you can teach yourself. Also, no one starts with the right contacts, one just has to keep talking to people until you meet the right ones.

Quote:
While you may know a venture capitalist who tells you he is willing to give you money to start up a business, there's no guarantee. The next person might know a drug dealer that'll offer $500 for every load of dope that he/she delivers. Would you favor an unemployment extension or would you prefer that he/she takes up criminal activity to support his/her family?
There is no guarentee, which is why you need to have more than one plan. I don't think it would ever come down to criminal activity or an unemployment extension. I was making $15/hr in high school waiting tables in restaurants...Sometimes it takes a year or two of doing crap work (washing dishes?) first, but I simply find it hard to believe it would come down to that.

Quote:
I'm curious as to what you would do if the VC offer dried up and you were fired from your job with no severance and no access to unemployment insurance. Graduate school isn't going to pay the bills and what happens if you get your master's only to find the unemployment rate has risen while you were in school? What would you do?
School is not a passive thing. School is a time to network, apply for internships/externships, try to start companies on the side with friends. The job hunt doesn't start when you graduate, it starts the day you start school. I check job listings about twice a month as it is, just to make sure I am in a position to get a new one. I volunteer for additional training/stay after work (without pay) helping people just so I will look valuable to the next job. Every day is a test of your ability, and in Capitalism the most ambitious can count on employment all of the time. While I am by no means an expert, my system is working well. I got a promotion a few months ago (in the middle of a hiring freeze in the company) despite there being active layoffs in my department. I know anything is possible, but I am willing (and would gladly) work in wal-mart for minimum wage, or become a waiter again (I will move anywhere I need to) before going on unemployment.

Quote:
Extending unemployment not only helps those who are unemployed. It also helps the local grocery store and the local gas station among other local businesses to stay in business and make a profit. As demonstrated above, it also helps keep crime in check. Unemployed people can't get welfare if they are actively seeking work. Welfare is for those who do not have the means to find gainful employment. If we turn our backs on the unemployed and there's no other lifeline to provide assistance for these 15 million people, what do you think they will turn to to put food on the table for their families?

By the way, Grainraiser wasn't suggesting that having a backup plan was insane. He was suggesting that anyone who thinks that people are lazy because they didn't have a backup plan is insane. I would have to agree with him.
I think there is always another option to try to find work. Sometimes it means finding a job that is 'below you' or working long hours for less pay, but the options are out there.

Old 09-24-2009, 09:29 AM

Quote:
I think I'll just wait for the extension. Then I'll go on vacation down in your neck of the woods along with all my unemployed friends and welfare recipients. What was the name of the trailer park again?
I'm not the one online begging for support for continued welfare payments.

Old 09-24-2009, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hnsq View Post
Very true, however there are books out there with worksheets on how to write business plans.
Ration thinks that buying a book is "significant capital".. Of course he didnt say that, but he did say a lawnmower was one..

Old 09-24-2009, 09:39 AM

I suppose I could offer my services teaching english and basic writing skills to multiple home business owners with more bravado than brains. I could publish a web page advertising the service and say I have a consulting business, publishing company and an advertising business. I could coach a little league softball team and say I'm a sports franchise owner. I could dig up a small patch of grass in my back yard and lay some concrete so RC airplanes can land on it and then I could say I own an airport. Come to think of it, I guess it is easy and cheap to own multiple home businesses. I wouldn't make any money off of said businesses so I wouldn't have to pay taxes either. God bless America!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies