Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2010, 01:44 PM

46 posts, read 40,682 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ergohead View Post
Out of what material was that flag made?
I belive they call it "fabric"

Old 04-19-2010, 04:45 PM

1,842 posts, read 1,708,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bennymaru View Post
I belive they call it "fabric"
what kind of fabric?

Last edited by newonecoming; 04-19-2010 at 06:00 PM..

Old 04-19-2010, 08:35 PM

3,359 posts, read 7,325,741 times
Default Leave space shuttles in space for future use...

Well little-Acorn...everything I said makes sense...
1. why not leave a shuttle or two in space permanitly, rather than for it to waste away at a museum? I mean it's already built...already equipted...it could easily be converted to a space station or a vehicle to go to the moon or mars with...just leave it up in space attached to the station....

2. There is no resistance in space...no oxygen...so once something is in motion what's to stop it...except gravity, I guess...

It's about saving money and being practical...why build new space ships from scratch if we've already got 4 or 5?

Old 04-20-2010, 10:31 AM

46,955 posts, read 25,990,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Time and Space View Post
I thought in space you don't need much fuel, since there's no friction...I thought once a object is in motion...nothing reacts against it so speed is constant...

But I guess you would need fuel to make quick little adjustments...
I think you're having me on, here. Anyway, friction is not the problem, gravity is. And that, I think, has to end the dialogue.

Old 04-20-2010, 10:43 AM

13,138 posts, read 22,815,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post
Science & Technology

Conspiracy Theorist Convinces Neil Armstrong Moon Landing Was Faked

August 31, 2009 | Issue 45•36

A 1969 photo showing Armstrong, or anyone, really, standing on the surface of the "moon."

LEBANON, OHIO—Apollo 11 mission commander and famed astronaut Neil Armstrong shocked reporters at a press conference Monday, announcing he had been convinced that his historic first step on the moon was part of an elaborate hoax orchestrated by the United States government.

According to Armstrong, he was forced to reconsider every single detail of the monumental journey after watching a few persuasive YouTube videos, and reading several blog posts on conspiracy theorist Ralph Coleman's website, OmissionControl.org.

(more)

Conspiracy Theorist Convinces Neil Armstrong Moon Landing Was Faked | The Onion - America's Finest News Source
It's amazing how the CIA hired psychics to telepathically implant fake memories of astronaut's moon experiences in their heads.

When I was involved in black ops programs, I paid them to do the same thing to me; except my implant involved a desert island and a young Michelle Pfeiffer.... it was way better than being crammed in a capsule for 3 days with two other men and pooping into a bag.

Old 04-20-2010, 10:59 AM

3,359 posts, read 7,325,741 times
Default Leave a shuttle in space perminatly, to be used as escape pod for space station...and then just glide back to earth...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
I think you're having me on, here. Anyway, friction is not the problem, gravity is. And that, I think, has to end the dialogue.
I concede your gravity arguement...yes, I guess you would need fuel to over come gravitational pull of the earth all the way to the moon...but the further you get away from earth...the less the gravity would be...and thus as you returned to earth...you could use the gravity to your advantage...

And again...leave a space shuttle or two in space...why waste them away in a museum?

They could be used for future missions or emergency escape pods incase the space station fails...

Nasa...if your reading this...leave a space shuttle in space perminatly for a future escape pod....

I think I will e mail this post to Nasa....

Old 04-20-2010, 11:11 AM

1,422 posts, read 2,303,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AxisMundi View Post
Certainly, but the Onion is an admitted satire source while Faux Snooze pretends to be credible.
Good point

It cracks me up when people here immediately think that The Onion is an actual news source - it's BLATANT satire - but that fact appears to be lost on many of the posters here

Old 04-20-2010, 11:21 AM

1,384 posts, read 2,346,810 times
Here are some articles as to why we can't just point the space shuttle at the moon. It'll give you a little bit of information on the fuel needs alone to carry the extremely heavy shuttle to the moon.

Artemis Project: Why We Won't Fly a Space Shuttle to the Moon

Aerospaceweb.org | Ask Us - Space Shuttle and the Moon

Old 04-20-2010, 11:53 AM

19,226 posts, read 15,321,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AxisMundi View Post
Are you serious?

There is a cross pole to hold it out straight.

Quite clearly seen in each and every photograph.
Yeah, but the photograph shows the flag flapping.

Looks to me like one big flag flap.

Musta been a windy day on the moon.

YouTube - Windy- THE ASSOCIATION

Old 04-20-2010, 11:56 AM

46,955 posts, read 25,990,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ergohead View Post
Yeah, but the photograph shows the flag flapping
You're arguing that a still photograph shows movement?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies