Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2009, 08:32 PM

9,878 posts, read 10,795,658 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleLove08 View Post
What a coincidink.
A lot of the Conservatives I know have called me a ****** and a dyke more than any liberal I've known.

I'm a "liberal" and I'm not racist.
You would do well to take your own advice you are giving the OP.

Old 09-06-2009, 08:33 PM

6,734 posts, read 9,324,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
you are dead on, of all the people i know, the liberals are the actual racist, i have never heard any of my conservative christian friends refer to blacks as ni** ers, it is commonplace among the liberal's i know.
el toro poo poo!

Old 09-06-2009, 08:33 PM

1,814 posts, read 2,489,652 times
Quote:
What a coincidink.
A lot of the Conservatives I know have called me a ****** and a dyke more than any liberal I've known.

And I just gave you props, and I'm Libertarian, and I'm in a happy mixed-race couple - and my wife and I have a diverse group of friends and do NOT go around labeling people, we actually don't care what their background is...unless...they are liberals that stir the pot and are race-baiters. Live and let live sounds real cool to me...but don't force your ideology down another's throat, cool?

Old 09-06-2009, 08:34 PM

8,998 posts, read 14,760,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
You would do well to take your own advice you are giving the OP.
I've always been bad about taking my own advice.
Most of the time I have to remind myself that not all Conservatives are absolute douche bags. It's just hard sometimes being on C-D and encountering some of the Conservatives on here.

Plus most of the encounters I've had with Conservatives are negative. It's a process. In my mind I know they're not ALL bad.

Old 09-06-2009, 08:35 PM

5,391 posts, read 7,210,386 times
I never heard that stereotype. And I'm white, and have a black brother-in-law.

On the other hand, I'm sick of whites calling the act of pointing out racism racist.

Edit: oh, and I'm liberal, too.

Old 09-06-2009, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marksman84 View Post
And I just gave you props, and I'm Libertarian, and I'm in a happy mixed-race couple - and my wife and I have a diverse group of friends and do NOT go around labeling people, we actually don't care what their background is...unless...they are liberals that stir the pot and are race-baiters. Live and let live sounds real cool to me...but don't force your ideology down another's throat, cool?
I'm cool with people until they say they're a Conservative or make some kind of bigoted remark.
Now being a libertarian...would I force my ideology down someone's throat?
I'll leave that to someone else....

Old 09-06-2009, 08:37 PM

486 posts, read 1,032,457 times
I've never heard anyone say all whites are racist. Yes, there are racist white people, and there are racists of all backgrounds.

Old 09-06-2009, 08:37 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,242,811 times
Quote:
What a coincidink.

Labeling never is fair! You are so right! Yet you just did it!

To make the assumption that all liberals are racist is no different than saying all Southerners are racists.

Since I am a Southerner, I get really ticked off at comments about ignorant Southerners - and wow - have there been a lot of blanket statements over the airwaves (and on this forum) blaming all racism on Southerners since Obama was elected. I am just worn out with it. If the South were such a horrible place to live, why have blacks/whites been living here together post Civil Rights and getting along as well as blacks/whites in any area?

There are haters in every culture and in every country. It is sad, but as Purple Love said . . . labels just don't work - b/c we are individuals. We can't all be put in boxes and a sticker slapped on us to "define" what we are just b/c of our sexual orientation, place we live, political affiliation, etc.

Old 09-06-2009, 08:38 PM

9,878 posts, read 10,795,658 times
Quote:

Plus most of the encounters I've had with Conservatives are negative. .
Yeah, I can imagine!

Old 09-06-2009, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbobobbo View Post
I never heard that stereotype. And I'm white, and have a black brother-in-law.

On the other hand, I'm sick of whites calling the act of pointing out racism racist.

Edit: oh, and I'm liberal, too.
Amen!

Of course SOME whites love to point out blacks being racist, "Blacks voted for Obama because he's black. That's racist" but if you bring up people voting for McCain just because McCain is white...suddenly that's not cool and you're playing the race card. WTF?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies