Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2009, 07:28 PM

37,963 posts, read 22,147,086 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiRob View Post
last time I checked the United Kingdom was a soveriegn nation. They released this man under their own laws and conditions. Seems like they are trying to pass the buck but sanrene wants to make this about Obama instead.
Sanrene what's next? a Obama eats babies thread?
What?

0bama............ "Are their no abortion houses, are their no soiled utility closets?"
Gentleman 1........ "All in full force I'm afraid to say"
0bama............."Then they should go there"
Gentleman 2 ........."But many cannot go there and many would rather not die".
0bama.............."THEN LET THEM DIE AND DECREASE THE SURPLUS POPULATION!"

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2009, 09:26 PM

13,815 posts, read 29,389,899 times
So it's true, the obama administration does have an excuse cabinet and I see several members of it are regular posters here. So who is the pass giver czar anyhow? There are SO many candidates to choose from around here.
argh, hold everyone accountable except that big giant elephant. nice

Old 09-06-2009, 09:36 PM

7 posts, read 7,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
This administration is all about peace. Forgive and forget.
He's following through on his campaign policies.
He's trying to make peace with all the countries in the world.
You have to move forward and let the past go.

this would explain sending 21,000 more troops into Afghanistan.

Old 09-06-2009, 09:44 PM

10,757 posts, read 35,435,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
No.10 turns on Obama and Clinton for criticising decision to release Lockerbie bomber | Mail Online

Truly shameful. There wasn't any doubt in my mind that the WH gave the go ahead to release this terrorist.
SO you are thinking that the White House dicatates what goes on in Scotland?? You are so desperate to find something wrong with Obama your making things up.

I am very sure they knew before hand but I don't believe for one moment Obama agreed with it or was even given consideration to agree or disagree with it.

OH and read up on your facts, Scotland has its own laws and rulers, the decision was made in Scotland, not at #10 Downing Street which is in London. They have their own parliament as well. Their Justice Secretary Kenny Macgaskill says he still stands behind his decision. I guess he has to say that but England and the prime minister there doesn't run Scotland anymore.

Your so desperate to find something wrong you can't even keep your facts straight. Which makes your opinions and contributions pointless.

Old 09-06-2009, 11:20 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,045,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagran View Post
Does that mean Bush knew about this??
I'm just saying...

Old 09-06-2009, 11:25 PM

1,878 posts, read 2,064,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey_Mcfarren View Post
SO you are thinking that the White House dicatates what goes on in Scotland?? You are so desperate to find something wrong with Obama your making things up.

I am very sure they knew before hand but I don't believe for one moment Obama agreed with it or was even given consideration to agree or disagree with it.

OH and read up on your facts, Scotland has its own laws and rulers, the decision was made in Scotland, not at #10 Downing Street which is in London. They have their own parliament as well. Their Justice Secretary Kenny Macgaskill says he still stands behind his decision. I guess he has to say that but England and the prime minister there doesn't run Scotland anymore.

Your so desperate to find something wrong you can't even keep your facts straight. Which makes your opinions and contributions pointless.
The problem here is that the WH blatantly lied by saying they had no idea what was transpiring.

Old 09-06-2009, 11:59 PM

13,815 posts, read 29,389,899 times
There is definitely communications going on behind the scenes. Sometimes it's between the heads of state and sometimes their liasons, but the president knows what is going on. His only excuse could be he did not get briefed, he ignored the brief, he slept through the brief, he got the Cliff Notes from an aid that didn't feel that part was important, or he still hasn't figured out the President gets a daily intelligence brief. Entirely possible since this is the same guy who didn't know who the NGA was.. In which the president discovers an American intelligence agency at Five Guys - Ben Smith - POLITICO.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies