Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2009, 09:09 AM

1,781 posts, read 2,676,426 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
I'm sorry but my children will not listen to a president ask them for help to bother the crap out of me to support passing bills and laws that I object to. They dont have the education level to understand where the duties and responsibilities of the federal government end, and my children surely doesnt have to work to pay for them.

Thats beyond an all time low for a politician. Its one thing to "allow" my children the misconception that Obama = good by not attempting to educate them on the facts, (I allow them to make up their own minds and they are too young to understand why he is wrong), its a completely different story when they are asked to ignore my authority as their parent so they can "help the president" violate the 10th amendment to the Constitution.

The worse part is, you think that asking children for help is rational and that Obama should attack "education", a STATE obligation, and I'll be damned if I have my children listen to someone tell them that its their obligation to help the "President" (regardless as to who they might be) pass bills into law that bankrupt my childrens future..
Go ahead somewhere else and sit with all the rest of the folk who are beginning to annoy ME with their constant 'Chicken Little' routine (i.e.---"he's a COMMMIIIEEE! He's a FASCISSSSTTT!!! He's trying to BRAAAINWASSSHHH MY KIDSSSS! He's tryin' to DESSTRROYYY THE USAAAAAA!" etc ad nauseum)
and just quit whining about it, for god's sake...

I just read the text of the President's speech (it was published in my hometown paper, The Middletown Journal)...I also heard the former First Lady (Mrs Laura Bush) basically say this morning 'what's the big deal?' (not her exact words, but you get my drift)...I may not have a dog in the fight, due to my not being a parent, but I didn't see anything in said speech which put me in mind of the President pushing any sort of specific agenda...just the same as when George HW Bush did almost the same thing in 1991 (saw a clip of that over the weekend, including the part where HE asked the kids about 'writng a letter to him about what they can do to help him'...didn't seem like he had any agenda to me, and what's more, the teacher whose classroom hosted the visit, appeared in real-time and asked 'what's the big deal?' as well)

As I've stated elsewhere in this forum, I fully recognize the right of you and others to disagree with the President and his policies...I did the same when GW Bush was in office, but at the end of the day, I still respected him because he was the duly-elected President Of The United States, a fact that existed whether I helped elect him or not, and I was still an American citizen

You said earlier 'you'd be damned if...'---well, I'LL be damned if I'll just sit by while folks who can't seem to get over being whiny because things aren't going the way THEY think is right, try to attack every little thing that the POTUS and his family say or do---ain't gonna happen, my friend
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2009, 11:57 AM

11,449 posts, read 14,444,835 times

Old 09-08-2009, 01:21 PM

11,449 posts, read 14,444,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LML View Post
These past few months of listening to the right wing has left me with one mantra that pops to mind over and over; "These people are nuts." That is the only explanation I can come up with for their totally ridiculous behavior and insane ideas. They're just nuts.

If they are worried about their children being "indoctrinated" they should not fret too much. How could it be that we send our children off to college for 4 yrs to and leave them in the hands of these crazy leftist Hugo Chavez liberals, yet half the country still votes "R" when they get in the ballot box? Guess they aren't as good at transforming the yutes as once thought....back to the drawing board I say.

Old 09-10-2009, 07:06 PM

722 posts, read 1,106,852 times

YouTube - Right wing mother cries on CNN - Hilarious Parody
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies