Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2009, 12:17 PM

9,249 posts, read 26,693,254 times

Advertisements

I don't find it disgusting when people question authority. I think it's a healthy sign and a show of intelligence.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2009, 12:21 PM

13,815 posts, read 29,389,899 times
I think china is a great country too! Screw all those people and their silly talk of freedom. I say we execute them all, then it'll just be you and I

Old 09-07-2009, 12:22 PM

7,380 posts, read 15,674,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Thanks to many parents the speech has been changed to what is more reasonable
how do you know that the previous version of the speech was "less reasonable"?

you have no idea what it said.

you should be glad you have a president who listens to the concerns of americans who disagree with him and makes changes based on them.

Old 09-07-2009, 12:23 PM

2,538 posts, read 3,876,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by love roses View Post
I don't find it disgusting when people question authority. I think it's a healthy sign and a show of intelligence.
But, I am willing to bet if it was GWB giving the exact same speech you would have absolutely "no" problem with it.

Old 09-07-2009, 12:24 PM

89,000 posts, read 44,813,405 times
As I said in the other thread... I'm disappointed, though not at all surprised, that Obama's speech doesn't address these issues that have been plaguing our public schools for decades:

USATODAY.com - SAT talent searches lead nowhere for many
Joann DiGennaro - Gifted Minds We Need to Nurture - washingtonpost.com
Are We Failing Our Geniuses? - TIME

Old 09-07-2009, 12:24 PM

2,538 posts, read 3,876,563 times
Hilarious

Old 09-07-2009, 12:25 PM

38,644 posts, read 26,374,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cookiemeister View Post
I like Obama... he is ok by me. We need someone that is inspirational and intelligent for a change. We had a moroon for the past eight years. I think it is disgusting that parents are all "fired up" over a speech meant to inspire young people to get a good education. Makes me sick. These people need to go crawl back into their cave.

What specifically has Obama done that you feel is intellegent?

Old 09-07-2009, 12:26 PM

1,474 posts, read 2,918,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Queens2QueenCity View Post
Surely you know Obama's secret fascist commie indoctrination plans have changed. Hasn't Glenn Beck taught you folks anything? The message will be in the symbols! Tomorrows school lunch will be delicious nazi cuisine of frankfurters with sauerkraut along with french fries(the French are fascist commies too since they were occupied by nazis and the have UHC) and their milk cartons will have passages of Karl Marx and Hitler.He will trick your children by providing food just like Hitler!Only Glenn Beck and I have been able to crack this code. Folks dont send your kids to school if you love them, let them stay home and play Xbox or watch MTV videos but don't let THAT man near your kids!!!!!
Ahem...don't you remember they are FREEDOM fries???

Old 09-07-2009, 12:26 PM

11,578 posts, read 13,947,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
What specifically has Obama done that you feel is intellegent?
He went to Harvard therefore he's the smartest, most capable man in the whole world.

Old 09-07-2009, 12:27 PM

27,214 posts, read 46,741,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by groar View Post
how do you know that the previous version of the speech was "less reasonable"?

you have no idea what it said.

you should be glad you have a president who listens to the concerns of americans who disagree with him and makes changes based on them.
He is a person of "change"...He already changed the things the kids have to write down..which was admitted by the WH!

Why should we even trust a person hires unreliable people with lousy backgrounds...a person who tells us during his campaign he would not sign a bill before we all have the chance to view it (5 days) which he immediately proved was a lie!

A person who can't keep it straight as he showed in his speech today on tv...and keeps blaming others while he is charge.

A person with relations to Rev. wright, Bill Ayers, Van Jones, Rezko, etc...

Just in one word, a person who we have to watch carefully!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies