Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2009, 11:34 AM

177 posts, read 311,294 times

Advertisements

Hey, if it's on the 'Internets', it must be true!

Sounds like an attempt to 'Sarah Palin' old Glenn Beck.

Joe, you should know better than to spread gossip, unless you're a woman doing the laundry or getting your hair curled at the salon!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2009, 11:35 AM

24 posts, read 28,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by groar View Post
steal this? where did it appear before?

this meme has been floating around the internet for a while and its point is that it's really dishonest to level a bunch of accusations at someone and then demand that they prove them untrue, as glenn beck often does.

it also makes a nice parallel to the whole birther movement.
Bob Saget

Old 10-08-2009, 11:37 AM

8,185 posts, read 12,603,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by groar View Post
steal this? where did it appear before?

this meme has been floating around the internet for a while and its point is that it's really dishonest to level a bunch of accusations at someone and then demand that they prove them untrue, as glenn beck often does.

it also makes a nice parallel to the whole birther movement.

The birther movement aside (which was utterly ridiculous), you have to admit Beck has been proven true time and again.
The real question that noone on the left has been asking is just what is the vetting process for these so called czars? Is it political payback positions? Does Obama agree with their stances as radical and outside the norms though they may be?

I like to deal with facts and not payback. If Beck was spreading lies I would be 100% with you in my disdain for him as well as hoping those that he slurred would sue the pants off of Beck. But again, the allegations are true and one has to wonder just why are these people being chosen for such important and visible federal positions.

Old 10-08-2009, 11:38 AM

480 posts, read 874,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill61 View Post
From your cite: While this is indeed the exact tactic that Beck uses himself to smear his political opponents, it's obnoxious to participate in a knowingly false smear campaign like this. There are enough truths about Beck that condemn him without having to stoop to his level of making stuff up.
Yeah, what Jill said. Be the bigger person, two wrongs don't make a right, etc.

Old 10-08-2009, 11:38 AM

3,153 posts, read 3,581,414 times
This thread has been played already..search before you post...

Old 10-08-2009, 11:41 AM

30,421 posts, read 20,202,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joejitsu View Post
There have been rumors floating around that Glenn Beck raped and murdered a girl in 1990. I am not saying that he did rape and murder this girl, but I find it suspicious that he won't deny these rumors. What is he trying to hide? Why won't he release her death certificate? Most condemning of all is the fact that he is trying to cover this story up, through suppressing the constitution of the USA, by appealing to an international body. Go to DidGlennBeckRapeAndMurderAYoungGirlIn1990.com
to see the full story.
Well, some people will believe anything, won't they? Especially if the rumor is about a Conservative. Look what they have done (and are still doing) to Sarah Palin.

It speaks volumes about you, however, that you would spread such a damnable lie. But that is what leftists do. I hope you can sleep at night.

Old 10-08-2009, 11:46 AM

30,421 posts, read 20,202,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill61 View Post
From your cite: While this is indeed the exact tactic that Beck uses himself to smear his political opponents, it's obnoxious to participate in a knowingly false smear campaign like this. There are enough truths about Beck that condemn him without having to stoop to his level of making stuff up.
Glenn Beck uses no such "tactics". These are the ways of the leftists, like what they have done to Palin and others.

What "truths" about Beck "condemn" him? He is an alcoholic (as are many people) who got help. He doens't hide that fact. He was also an addict, which he doesn't hide. He got help and turned his life around. I have heard his story.

You, by making such statements, are no better than the OP.

Old 10-09-2009, 05:00 PM

1,476 posts, read 1,766,818 times
First of all I am not a liberal, nor am I conservative. I am libertarian if anything. This thread isn't partisan. Its to discuss whether, or probably not, Glenn Beck raped and murdered a girl in 1990. This isn't a liberal or conservative issue, but an issue of justice.

I have seen no proof that Glenn Beck didn't rape and murder a girl in 1990. Why doesn't he present proof? Somebody mentioned he used to be a drug addict, so perhaps he committed the rape/murder during a 1 week meth binge and doesn't remember. If this is what happened, not saying it is, than its still no excuse for this terrible crime.

Even without proof of his innocence I still don't think he did this terrible act, I just heard someone say it.

Old 10-09-2009, 07:09 PM

8,185 posts, read 12,603,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joejitsu View Post
First of all I am not a liberal, nor am I conservative. I am libertarian if anything. This thread isn't partisan. Its to discuss whether, or probably not, Glenn Beck raped and murdered a girl in 1990. This isn't a liberal or conservative issue, but an issue of justice.

I have seen no proof that Glenn Beck didn't rape and murder a girl in 1990. Why doesn't he present proof? Somebody mentioned he used to be a drug addict, so perhaps he committed the rape/murder during a 1 week meth binge and doesn't remember. If this is what happened, not saying it is, than its still no excuse for this terrible crime.

Even without proof of his innocence I still don't think he did this terrible act, I just heard someone say it.
Oh yeah -- I totally believe you don't have an axe to grind with Beck. You are the perfect non partisan -- just like beck himself

Old 10-09-2009, 07:28 PM

12,373 posts, read 13,154,999 times
I wouldn't put it past the sleazy scumbag....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies