Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2010, 06:05 AM

7,168 posts, read 5,365,472 times

Advertisements

You would have to be a savant not to be angry and have trust for our gvt.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2010, 06:10 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,853,377 times
I think the American people are just angry at the reality of what Congress has become. If the Repubs win real big in Nov, we can be sure of a few more decades of the same type of representation. No matter who is in majority, the other will prevent as much as possible. I think the only way to break that, is to make sure it is not successful.

Old 09-28-2010, 06:20 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,778,277 times
Given the intensity of the Right Wing Republican propaganda, I am surprised that anyone trusts the government. Well, I still trust the government far more than I trust he private sector. The government may be inept, but as the private sector can make money by cheating me, I think the business sector is more of a threat to my wealth and security..

Know your enemy and believe nothing the private sector or the Republicans say about anything. They are liars because they profit by their lies.

Old 09-28-2010, 06:24 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,853,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
Given the intensity of the Right Wing Republican propaganda, I am surprised that anyone trusts the government. Well, I still trust the government far more than I trust he private sector. The government may be inept, but as the private sector can make money by cheating me, I think the business sector is more of a threat to my wealth and security..

Know your enemy and believe nothing the private sector or the Republicans say about anything. They are liars because they profit by their lies.
This is a pretty good assessment of who we really need to fear.

Old 09-28-2010, 06:28 AM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,628,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chango View Post
I know this isn't a "scientific" observation but after wading though the internet I am left with the distinct impression that american society is reaching a boiling point of anger and frustration with the government. Also interesting is that instead of protesting on the streets we are taking to the internet en mass to voice disapproval. (we must be lazy )

So what does everyone else think? For those who lived it, were other key points in history like this, or is this nothing compared to back then?
I have voted in every election since I was of legal voting age. This is the first time that instead of voting for one of two people that I thought would be the best for the job, I feared the election of the other choice because I did not think he wants our nation to continue as a free nation. I think he wants to rule over us totally. He seems to hate the free enterprise system. Nothing he has done has brought me comfort that maybe I was wrong about him.

I just read the last post before this one. You have a choice as to who you do business with and do not have to do business with anyone that you think is a cheat. Beyond voting, we have no choice after the election who we will have in office unless they are impeached. I think there are many people minding the government store who have done impeachable offenses and no one is watching out for us. They are like a runaway train destroying everything in its path.

Old 09-28-2010, 08:31 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,778,277 times
Most of do not have a choice as to who we do busines with whem all of them are effectivly cheating. My bad experiences with business started with an auto insurance company 40 years ago and have not improved that much anytime since. My good experiences with government started with the GI Bill helping me with college and never having the tax people take more than I owed.

Old 09-28-2010, 09:14 AM

10,854 posts, read 9,300,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
You know, I used to think Colin Powell would've been a great President. I read his autobiography and had always had a great deal of admiration and respect for the man. But he lost my respect when he endorsed Obama. Bush was bad, but good grief... Obama is much, much worse. I wish Powell would come forward now and explain his rationale for endorsing the equivalent of Bush's deficit spending and war-mongering on steroids.
The United States has significantly reduced its military presence in Iraq. President Obama promised to focus more of the military's attention on Afghanistan during his presidential campaign and he has done so. How is that "war mongering"? He was not sought out any other military conflicts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies