Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2009, 09:37 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,306,908 times

Advertisements

CNN poll

What don't you just poll some of the loons right here instead of wasting peoples time.

You would get the same results I am sure because no way will the Obots ever go against their lying fearless in trouble leader.

Someone here just proved they are no clue in the world what the hell is going on.

The majority of ALL Americans, including the demwits, indy's etc are AGAINST this bill.

So did he kick even the demwits parties butt also?

Cnn - Might as call Chavez up and ask him what he thought.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2009, 09:37 PM

124 posts, read 303,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
Because of this, the results may favor Obama simply because more Democrats than Republicans tune into the speech. The poll surveyed the opinions of people who watched Wednesday night's speech, and does not reflect the views of all Americans."
Figures, the republican's don't event try to inform themselves. They rather go to tea parties and watch Palin on youtube (mis)informing the country.

Old 09-09-2009, 09:41 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,752,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bambina View Post
Figures, the republican's don't event try to inform themselves. They rather go to tea parties and watch Palin on youtube (mis)informing the country.

Ah well then that makes the results so much more accurate.

Old 09-09-2009, 09:42 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,125,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCPUNK View Post
I saw this. This is what the town hall screamers DID NOT want: A concise message where people could apply their critical thinking skills and decide if it something they thought was good for the country.

With the exception of the the loser who yelled "liar" there was no interruption of his position and people finally had a chance to hear the message, rather than drown it out (Which the GOP preferred.)

He DESTROYED the GOP tonight with that speech, a complete shut down.
I think that the very last part of the speech had to have made any Republican with even a tiny bit of conscience feel very small.

In 1965, when some argued that Medicare represented a government takeover of health care, members of Congress, Democrats and Republicans, did not back down. They joined together so that all of us could enter our golden years with some basic peace of mind. You see, our predecessors understood that government could not, and should not, solve every problem. They understood that there are instances when the gains in security from government action are not worth the added constraints on our freedom. But they also understood that the danger of too much government is matched by the perils of too little; that without the leavening hand of wise policy, markets can crash, monopolies can stifle competition, the vulnerable can be exploited. And they knew that when any government measure, no matter how carefully crafted or beneficial, is subject to scorn; when any efforts to help people in need are attacked as un-American; when facts and reason are thrown overboard and only timidity passes for wisdom, and we can no longer even engage in a civil conversation with each other over the things that truly matter -- that at that point we don't merely lose our capacity to solve big challenges. We lose something essential about ourselves.That was true then. It remains true today.

Old 09-09-2009, 09:45 PM

2,476 posts, read 2,603,883 times
Ok ok all I guess I have to fix the Healthcare in this country. This is going to be a hard pill to swallow but here goes...my solution is............(Drumroll).....................Make healthcare insurance cost tax deductible..............(Tada).....Problem solved.

Oh but wait but this means that the non-tax payers of society will have to actually pay for something..actually contribute.....Damn-it what was I thinking

I find it funny as hell that liberals whine about people not being able to afford healthcare cost but there walking around with $100.00 sneakers..driving cars and talking on I-phones.
Problem with these people........Priorites are all F-ed up.

Oh and 1 more thing since I know I will have to "chip-in" alittle more $$$ for the poor soles who cant afford H.C......What are they going to chip in?

Oh and by the way..Liberalism is a disease..Theres no other explaination for such stupidity.

Old 09-09-2009, 09:45 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,752,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
I think that the very last part of the speech had to have made any Republican with even a tiny bit of conscience feel very small.

In 1965, when some argued that Medicare represented a government takeover of health care, members of Congress, Democrats and Republicans, did not back down. They joined together so that all of us could enter our golden years with some basic peace of mind. You see, our predecessors understood that government could not, and should not, solve every problem. They understood that there are instances when the gains in security from government action are not worth the added constraints on our freedom.
But they also understood that the danger of too much government is matched by the perils of too little; that without the leavening hand of wise policy, markets can crash, monopolies can stifle competition, the vulnerable can be exploited. And they knew that when any government measure, no matter how carefully crafted or beneficial, is subject to scorn; when any efforts to help people in need are attacked as un-American; when facts and reason are thrown overboard and only timidity passes for wisdom, and we can no longer even engage in a civil conversation with each other over the things that truly matter -- that at that point we don't merely lose our capacity to solve big challenges. We lose something essential about ourselves.That was true then. It remains true today.
This is what Obama does so well, the straw man argument. No one is calling helping people in need un-American. Some believe a government take over of 20% of the economy is un-American. Market based reform proposals would be embraced by the right.

Old 09-09-2009, 10:39 PM

4,459 posts, read 4,209,457 times
Quote:
Don't get too excited.

"The audience for the speech appears to be more Democratic than the U.S. population as a whole. Because of this, the results may favor Obama simply because more Democrats than Republicans tune into the speech. The poll surveyed the opinions of people who watched Wednesday night's speech, and does not reflect the views of all Americans."
do you have some sort of scientific breakdown or is it just speculation?

Old 09-09-2009, 10:41 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,214,810 times
I am certain there will be more polls with all sorts of "results" over the next day or two. If you don't like what CNN says, just wait for one you DO like.

Old 09-09-2009, 10:42 PM

11,578 posts, read 13,948,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dukester View Post
do you have some sort of scientific breakdown or is it just speculation?
Well, if you would click on the OP's link, you just might find your answer.

Old 09-09-2009, 10:42 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,123,773 times
Quote:
Don't get too excited.

"The audience for the speech appears to be more Democratic than the U.S. population as a whole. Because of this, the results may favor Obama simply because more Democrats than Republicans tune into the speech. The poll surveyed the opinions of people who watched Wednesday night's speech, and does not reflect the views of all Americans."
Thank you for interjecting some logic into this thread. It was sorely needed. A poll conducted to largely Democrats on a speech fresh out of the oven garners a 14 percent increase in support for the Presidents outline. Who woulda' thunk? I'd be more concerned if the poll didn't show an increase in support among this demographic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies