Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-10-2009, 04:29 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,729,686 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mossomo View Post
The hypocrisy! Where was the out cry against the poor behavior shown to Bush during his last five years. MSM never picked up the story and the public never chastised it.

YouTube - Democrats Boo Bush During 2005 SOTU
Yeah, the MSM ignores it. That's why there's a Youtube vid about it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2009, 04:31 PM

15,446 posts, read 21,349,093 times
Based on the growth and acceptance of mediocrity in our society in recent years, calling the President a liar will be a complement soon.

Old 09-10-2009, 04:31 PM

4,050 posts, read 3,958,973 times
Default Joe Wilson is the liar!!

What the man did was beneath the office he holds, we expect people like him to serve as the proper example of "civillised" discourse.

Anyway, he lied!!

"..As it turns out, the man who called Obama the liar may actually be off base. According to Politifact.com, a nonpartisan site dedicated to fact-checking the claims of "candidates, elected officials, political parties, interest groups, pundits, talk show hosts," Obama wasn't lying when he said the health-care reforms he's proposing would not apply to illegal immigrants.."
The 'You lie!' aftermath - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ynews/ynews_pl897 - broken link)

PolitiFact | Sorting out the truth in politics

Please don't introduce the "around the corner" logic of, well their are loopholes illegal immigrants can use, Obama must have put them there purposely!!

Old 09-10-2009, 04:32 PM

8,624 posts, read 9,087,093 times
I wish hussein obama did not lie during his speech which prompted this response. I am glad Wilson spoke out. All the blame falls on the liar in cheif.

Old 09-10-2009, 04:33 PM

8,624 posts, read 9,087,093 times
hussein obama is the liar and it does indeed leave a BIG loop hole for illegal immigrants and hussein obama knew it.

Even the nutcase Palosi does not want to make an issue of this incident because she does not want the truth in the meda proving hussein obama was lying.

Old 09-10-2009, 04:35 PM

7,380 posts, read 15,672,215 times
Quote:
The hypocrisy! Where was the out cry against the poor behavior shown to Bush during his last five years. MSM never picked up the story and the public never chastised it.
untrue. here is the outcry:

Pundits called Dems' reaction during Bush address "unprecedented," but Republicans booed Clinton | Media Matters for America

• TED KOPPEL (ABC host): When the president talked about the bankruptcy of Social Security, there were clearly some Democrats on the floor who thought that that was taking it too far. And they did something that, apparently, no one at this table has ever heard before. They booed. [ABC, Nightline, 2/2/05; Koppel's panel consisted of former Bush adviser Mary Matalin, former Reagan chief of staff Ken Duberstein, and former Clinton speechwriter Michael Waldman]
  • JOHN ROBERTS (CBS White House correspondent): At a couple points in this address, it looked more like the British Parliament than the United States Congress. I've never heard the minority party shout at the president during the State of the Union address. [CBS, post-speech coverage, 2/2/05]
  • JOE SCARBOROUGH (former U.S. representative (R-FL) and MSNBC host): After the Democrats booed and hissed, Republicans were on the floor saying, you know, we never once did that to Clinton. So every time he would talk about Social Security, the roars got a little louder. And they got behind their president. [MSNBC, Hardball, 2/2/05]
  • BOB BARR (former U.S. representative (R-GA) and CNN contributor): It will be a very, very difficult battle as we saw by the unprecedented and, I think, highly improper virtual booing of the president when he simply said that the system is going to be bankrupt and the time is now to fix it. [CNN, Inside Politics, 2/3/05]
  • JOE WATKINS (radio host and CNN substitute host): Did you hear it? Certainly not the polite protocol usually practiced when a president speaks to Congress. If a Democrat one day delivers a State of the Union address, I hope the Republicans won't lower themselves to such a disrespectful level. I hope last night's behavior by a few lawmakers doesn't set a new precedent, that both parties can agree to remain civil, even when voicing disagreements.

[...]

PAUL BEGALA (CNN host): Let me correct your history -- 1993, I was with President Bill Clinton in that House chamber when he addressed a joint session of Congress. And Republicans heckled him when he cited Congressional Budget Office statistics about the deficit. [CNN, Crossfire, 2/3/05]
  • JOHN GIBSON (FOX News host): Maryanne Marsh, what did you think of those audible jeers, boos, for the president? It sounded a little like the House of Commons: that grumbling that comes from the back-benchers when they don't like something [British Prime Minister] Tony Blair said. That isn't very common for state of the union speeches, is it?

MARYANNE MARSH (Democratic strategist): I don't ever remember hearing it, and was very surprised. But I have to say at least the good news is the Democrats are fighting and they're on offense. And they're more united than they've ever been against George Bush and the Republicans. [FOX News, The Big Story with John Gibson, 2/3/05]

Old 09-10-2009, 04:36 PM

8,978 posts, read 16,554,441 times
Liar, liar
Pants on Fire
Nose as long
as a telephone wire.

(author unknown)

Old 09-10-2009, 04:38 PM

37,961 posts, read 22,143,591 times
Quote:

YouTube - Democrats Boo Bush During 2005 SOTU
A state of the union speech is a much more somber and scared event then a president who calls a second or third joint session, in his first 7 months of office, because he can't get enough of his own party to go along with his pet legislation. But even then, fifty democrats booing the president is ok, a single republican shouting "liar" is a shameful act?

Old 09-10-2009, 04:38 PM

3,071 posts, read 9,137,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
I wish hussein obama did not lie during his speech which prompted this response. I am glad Wilson spoke out. All the blame falls on the liar in cheif.
No it doesnt.

Old 09-10-2009, 04:42 PM

2,404 posts, read 3,947,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by groar View Post
untrue. here is the outcry:
We'll agree to disagree. You have quotes, I give you that. But it wasn't part of the news cycle, it wasn't a talking point on the evening news, Daily Show, The View, KOS, or Huff Post, the outcry wasnt a headline or part of the prime time MSM news rotation. Folks on the left did little to reprimand their side.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies