Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-10-2009, 09:15 PM

88,989 posts, read 44,804,275 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDTD2.0 View Post
I'm not sticking up for Joe Wilson because I think his comments were totally disrespectful (and I'm no Obama fan). I do have to say that I am suspicious as to whether or not illegals will be covered because many are already covered and/or receive benefits under other programs. For example...they can make it so illegals cannot qualify for healthcare benefits but make it impossible to verify whether or not the person is legal or not to begin with (like many other "programs"). I would hope that, if this does happen, there is something in there that reads..."No really... we are going to verify whether of not you are a citizen ." And then really do it by checking for b.s. SSN's, verifying that the name is a duplicate and corresponds, etc.
There was an amendment that required citizen verification, but the Dems on the House Ways & Means Committee killed it, among other Republican-sponsored amendments, in a straight party-line vote. The amendments the Dems voted down:
House Committee on Ways & Means - Republican

The citizen verification amendment:
http://republicans.waysandmeans.hous..._Amdt_Text.pdf
The vote - all Republicans voted for citizen verification; all Democrats voted against citizen verification:
House Committee on Ways & Means
The members:
Members :Committee on Ways & Means :: U.S. House of Representatives :
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2009, 09:17 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,148,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
You really shouldn't post things that you don't even understand. What you posted says illigal aliens can't get direct financial help from the government to pay for insurance. My post says illegal aliens will be able to participate in the exchange which contains the tax payer subsidized public option. There is no mechanism for the exchanges to identify a persons residency status so illegal aliens will have access to the public option.
It's the Health Commissioner's job to determine eligibility, not in the scope of HR 3200 to set forth the details of that. Give a look to section 142.

Old 09-10-2009, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
There was an amendment that required citizen verification, but the Dems on the House Ways & Means Committee killed it, among other Republican-sponsored amendments, in a straight party-line vote. The 5 amendments the Dems voted down:
House Committee on Ways & Means - Republican

The citizen verification amendment:
http://republicans.waysandmeans.hous..._Amdt_Text.pdf
The vote - all Republicans voted for citizen verification; all Democrats voted against citizen verification:
House Committee on Ways & Means
The members:
Members :Committee on Ways & Means :: U.S. House of Representatives :
That was the Heller Amendment, submitted by a grandstanding politician. Verification mechanisms are already in place.

Old 09-10-2009, 09:19 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,749,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
It's the Health Commissioner's job to determine eligibility, not in the scope of HR 3200 to set forth the details of that. Give a look to section 142.

LOL I needed a good laugh thanks. Oh you were serious? Lame.

Old 09-10-2009, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Look delusional you don't understand the things your are posting, I don't think you are in the position to tell anybody anything.
My goodness.
Quote:
LOL I needed a good laugh thanks. Oh you were serious? Lame.
Sorry, it's true.

Old 09-10-2009, 09:21 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,146,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
Yes and the statement Thus it would appear is Opinion not fact. On top of that the law specifically states (and so does the bill) that illegal immigrants can't receive any federal coverage.

Now if you want to get into an argument about the possibility of illegals buying Private insurance (1/2 of whom already have Private insurance) you can do that. However, this bill along with other laws ban illegals from getting any Government sponsored health care plan.
The facts...thank you....but I'm sure facts are NOT what repugs are looking for.

Joe Wilson is not only a rude, cowardly, uncouth clodhopper but a liar.

Old 09-10-2009, 09:22 PM

88,989 posts, read 44,804,275 times
Quote:
That was the Heller Amendment, submitted by a grandstanding politician. Verification mechanisms are already in place.
Let's see 'em!

Old 09-10-2009, 09:24 PM

805 posts, read 774,063 times
Default Obama - Stay away from my kids and my Healtcare!

Quote:
Not sure how up to date this is, but

Joe Wilson outburst a windfall for SC Dem Rob Miller | csmonitor.com
“Rob Miller for Congress” is one of the most searched terms on the Internet. The national Democratic leadership has singled out Miller for praise. And Miller, a former Marine and Iraq war veteran, reportedly raised more than $200,000 from thousands of donors since Wilson’s outburst.
Wow! Miller benefits for Joe Wilson's totally appropriate response to Emperor Obamas bullfeces.

I regret that he, Wilson, apologized.

POTUS has never, to my knowledge, PUBLICLY, apologized for calling that policeman "stupid"!

BTW, how typically Demospendthrift of Rob Miller, I understand that he is close to $500,000 dollars in debt from previous campaigns, so that $200,000 windfall should go to retiring previous debt. But I sort of doubt it

How much has Joe Wilson benefitted (donation-wise) from from his spontaneous outburst?
I'll bet it's more than Miller received.

Old 09-10-2009, 09:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtinChicago View Post
Wow! Miller benefits for Joe Wilson's totally appropriate response to Emperor Obamas bullfeces.

I regret that he, Wilson, apologized.

POTUS has never, to my knowledge, PUBLICLY, apologized for calling that policeman "stupid"!

BTW, how typically Demospendthrift of Rob Miller, I understand that he is close to $500,000 dollars in debt from previous campaigns, so that $200,000 windfall should go to retiring previous debt. But I sort of doubt it

How much has Joe Wilson benefitted (donation-wise) from from his spontaneous outburst?
I'll bet it's more than Miller received.
I was looking for that, couldnt find it. Im sure Rush or Faux will report any good news.

It would have been inappropriate for Obama to say anything further publicly about the policeman business. The private meeting was appropriate.

I dont know anything about Rob Miller.

Old 09-10-2009, 09:31 PM

805 posts, read 774,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
The facts...thank you....but I'm sure facts are NOT what repugs are looking for.

Joe Wilson is not only a rude, cowardly, uncouth clodhopper but a liar.
Does your Mother let you eat with that mouth?

Go wash your mouth out with shiznits, it will at least improve your breath!
Peeeeuke!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies