Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-13-2009, 12:59 AM

8,299 posts, read 8,603,285 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
oe Wilson is a hero.

He told the truth and the Obots are mad.

Face it, Obama lied and got called on it.

If Obama cannot handle being called a liar then he needs to run back to where he came from.

Afterall the truth hurts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by brubaker View Post
Obots?

Ouch.
Hey, "truth hurts" don't ya know!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2009, 01:06 AM

3,018 posts, read 3,565,078 times
I'ma hoitin' I'ma hoitin'....

Old 09-13-2009, 10:38 AM

1 posts, read 890 times
you clowns are missing the underlying way the dems work sec246 bars funds to illegals however the healthcare legislation has no provisions for forcing identity docs.Just like the dems opposing e-job verification

Old 09-13-2009, 11:07 AM

1,781 posts, read 2,680,469 times
Lightbulb And Here's A Bit Of Truth For You

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
Joe Wilson is a hero.

He told the truth and the Obots are mad.

Face it, Obama lied and got called on it.

If Obama cannot handle being called a liar then he needs to run back to where he came from.

Afterall the truth hurts.
Guess what...I stand by the President...I'm not a robot, I'm an American citizen, same as you...

Joe Wilson did nothing heroic except yell like a scalded dog, at the President, during a televised speech on the floor of Congress...there are real heroes around us every day---they're called cops, firemen, soldiers, sailors, airmen, marines and coast guardsmen, among others...they serve in silence and go about their 'heroism' in a strong silent manner, so that we can feel safe putting our heads on our pillows at night knowing they have our backs...

As far as the President running back to where he came from, well, he doesn't need your permission or your continual snarky smart remarks to go about the work he needs to do to get the country on track...

And please, don't use that tired old fallback of calling me a liberal or un-American because I support the President...that's annoying, juvenile, and (wait for it) not true

Old 09-13-2009, 01:50 PM

13,163 posts, read 1,687,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by captaincatfish View Post
Guess what...I stand by the President...I'm not a robot, I'm an American citizen, same as you...

And please, don't use that tired old fallback of calling me a liberal or un-American because I support the President...that's annoying, juvenile, and (wait for it) not true
If you're one of those supporters who actually employ critical thinking and evaluate what it is that the president is doing, and examine the path he is taking us down, that is excellent. However, too many people simply support without examining why.

There is another thread that asks, repeatedly, just what has the president done so far that is of real benefit to us, and I haven't seen any response to that. Which leads me to think that so far, there is nothing.

When a president lies, misleads, or otherwise deceives (by omission of fact, for example) then that is a disgrace. No wonder so many of the citizens distrust the government. Is there any reason to trust?

Old 09-13-2009, 02:46 PM

1,781 posts, read 2,680,469 times
Lightbulb Heyyy Southward

Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
If you're one of those supporters who actually employ critical thinking and evaluate what it is that the president is doing, and examine the path he is taking us down, that is excellent. However, too many people simply support without examining why.

There is another thread that asks, repeatedly, just what has the president done so far that is of real benefit to us, and I haven't seen any response to that. Which leads me to think that so far, there is nothing.

When a president lies, misleads, or otherwise deceives (by omission of fact, for example) then that is a disgrace. No wonder so many of the citizens distrust the government. Is there any reason to trust?
You're one of the folks on the 'other side of the aisle' that I enjoy exchanging posts with...I'm glad you don't resort to calling names, or screaming, or any of the other tactics which grate on my nerves...

I know with our political differences, we won't always agree, but I am heartened to know that there is ONE guy I can have a 'civil discourse' with

Old 09-13-2009, 02:52 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,929,215 times
Quote:
The blue dogs did close the loop hole after the outburst and speech of Obama, so Joe Wilson was right!
In the senate as well.

Wilson brought the issue to light, maybe not in the most tactful way, but his outburst has resulted in language put in the bill that will explicitly require proof of citizenship.

He's just doing what obama said he would be doing - calling out liars.

Old 09-13-2009, 03:14 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,442,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
In the senate as well.

Wilson brought the issue to light, maybe not in the most tactful way, but his outburst has resulted in language put in the bill that will explicitly require proof of citizenship.

He's just doing what obama said he would be doing - calling out liars.
Maybe that was the only way Joe knew to get it to the public's attention.
Those bills that had their wording changed were not put out for the public to see. Those were committee bills.

At least that should be something to think about....

Old 09-13-2009, 04:34 PM

13,163 posts, read 1,687,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Maybe that was the only way Joe knew to get it to the public's attention.
Those bills that had their wording changed were not put out for the public to see. Those were committee bills.

At least that should be something to think about....
A very astute observation. Joe may have done us all a service, at who knows (yet) what cost to himself. Those politicians and their minions will be gunning for him.

Old 09-13-2009, 06:20 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,522,269 times
Sadly, the election of Obama to the highest office in the nation has brought out the best AND the worst in many Americans.

Although this country has progressed to the point where a person of color could be elected there are still many in this country who are so very angry about it, all the same.

Obama supporters understand that his presidency will be unlike any other that has come before because he will have the obstacles of dealing with those who have hatred in their hearts.

All of the Presidents who came before Obama have had opposition; its a natural part of our democratic process. And even Obama's supportes will never agree with his policies 100% of the time. But the difference is that the opponents of past Presidents never took the stance that they wanted the presidency (and therefore the nation) to fail. This is astonishing to me.

To those who truly desire(and are working for) the Obama administration to fail....what would the backup strategy be?

I think that many Americans have been disgusted by the antics and lack of civility & respect which is expected. With those antics coming from Republicans, the talking heads and radio jerkies there really is no hope that Americans will feel compelled to vote Republican next time around.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies