Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2009, 11:26 PM

192 posts, read 219,902 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by antibes View Post
Another wingnut who lives in a future that doesn't even exist! The nationalized healthcare system - in case you don't know - DOES NOT EVEN EXIST yet and is in PLANNING STAGES so how do YOU know what proof is required?
Can you give me next weeks lottery numbers, please?

Okay, so we should sit back, let something happen then start protesting when it is already to late to do something? It's much harder to undo an action once it's already been done, best to nip it in the bud before it even happens. That's my philosophy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2009, 11:29 PM

89,018 posts, read 44,824,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
The idea with health care reform is that anybody should be able to buy health insurance. That is a bad thing, right?
According to Obama, yes:

YouTube - "You Lie!" - Rep. Joe Wilson OWNS Barack Obama on Illegal Immigration at Congress Health Care Speech

According to Obama, health care reform doesn't apply to those who are here illegally.

Old 09-10-2009, 11:30 PM

674 posts, read 1,619,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
I was just thinking the same thing. If these obsructionists would get out of the way or take Obama up on his offer to listen to all suggestions and issues, all of the fine points would be addressed.

Really, they come with the dumbest arguments imaginable based on absolutely nothing but hallucinations and assumptions. None of these two can be used to counterargue something we disagree on.

If there truly is so many bad points in the policy, they would have some valid counterargument and facts. But they have nothing to show except their wingnuttery!

Just amazing...

The Obama policies need to be refined and formed to work efficient. Whatever weaknesses in it once it actually is in place, needs to be finetuned and adjusted and corrected.

In this regard I have no worries about this country because the U.S. has shown again and again that it is capable of making changes and quick decisions to improve on bad conditions. I would rather say that Europe is far more sluggish to implement policy changes to improve on something and is more conservative that way. That's one of their main weaknesses.

Old 09-10-2009, 11:32 PM

674 posts, read 1,619,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyholiday View Post
Okay, so we should sit back, let something happen then start protesting when it is already to late to do something? It's much harder to undo an action once it's already been done, best to nip it in the bud before it even happens. That's my philosophy.

No, I think its fully correct to object to something you see being wrong. However, object with a sensible counter argument which really does have some weight.
The problems with those, who mainly do seem to be republican (I don't belong to any political party except what I call "the solutions party - whomever has the solution, I will support), is that they have only opinions and imaginations but not good counterargument.

Old 09-10-2009, 11:33 PM

Again, so basically what you are saying is that right now we should just accept what he wants, then hope that we can change the parts we don't like after they have already been in place? Like I said, it's much easier to stop something before it happens then to have to go and repair the damage afterwards.

Old 09-10-2009, 11:40 PM

You sound like a victim of the liberal media machine. McCain had solutions while he was running for president, the democrats just didn't like them because it meant people had to work for their benefits, something democrats are violently against.

There are many ways of doing this, without getting the government involved. I don't care how bad insurance companies are, I would rather they make life changing decisions for me then some marxist, anti-life, commie lib in congress.

The democrats keep talking about this "public option" to "compete" with the private companies, but this can't happen. Who can compete with the federal government and win? Insurance companies need to make a profit, the government doesn't. Insurance companies can't run their businesses on deficits for years and years, but the government has been running on a deficit for the past few decades now. So the government will make the environment very hostile to private companies. They will put rates so low that no one can compete. They will put anti competition laws into place. Look at the USPS, it is illegal for anyone other than the USPS to deliver non-urgent mail, it is illegal for anyone to use mailboxes (the same mailbox I paid money for).

Old 09-10-2009, 11:43 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,818,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
According to Obama, health care reform doesn't apply to those who are here illegally.
Can you show me the piece in the health care reform bill you speak of that contradicts what he is said?

Old 09-10-2009, 11:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyholiday View Post
Again, so basically what you are saying is that right now we should just accept what he wants, then hope that we can change the parts we don't like after they have already been in place? Like I said, it's much easier to stop something before it happens then to have to go and repair the damage afterwards.
No. He's asking for grown ups to start having a dialogue and provide ideas that are debated with civility, not with noise, name-calling, lies and misinformation that has prevailed from the opposition thus far.

Old 09-10-2009, 11:47 PM

89,018 posts, read 44,824,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
Can you show me the piece in the health care reform bill you speak of that contradicts what he is said?
Read the CRS's legal analysis:
http://media.sfexaminer.com/documents/noncitizens.pdf

Old 09-10-2009, 11:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Now, provide an excerpt that talks about the issue.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies