Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2009, 02:27 PM

13,815 posts, read 29,387,646 times

Advertisements

ok, helping cheat taxes, forging voter registrations, people being arrested all over the country, and some person actually LAUGHING at child prostitution.. those are not one-time things. It's like catholics saying it's just half of the priests that are molesting little boys.. I would say the evidence is mounting and it's looking like this type of behavior is SOP.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2009, 02:32 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,217,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
The criminals didn't come forward, their employers (ACORN representatives) did - as they have done over and over again in these cases (and yet folks like you still continue to pick on the organization and claim that the organization is criminal - a claim that is totally ignorant).

It IS true that ACORN has had a lot of problems with it's employees being too lazy to actually gather signatures and information on their voter registration efforts (and you can draw you own conclusions about the quality of people they draw their voter registration workforce from) - but that in no way, shape or form says that the company is deliberately doing anything wrong or illegal. In fact, just the opposite seems to be the case as in the vast majority of these cases it was almost always ACORN itself that pointed out the problem (but FOX News and other Right Wing sources just kind of gloss over that fact (mentioning it (if at all) usually just briefly)). And ACORN has done this over and over again in spite of the whithering criticism the take every time one of these instances comes to light. That hardly sounds like an organization bent on conducting illegal activity.

Ken
When I was in the Military we had a saying. Top down. That means that it is the Captain of the ship who is resposible for the actions of his crew when at sea and often on liberty. The ship runs aground or hits another ship? That ends that Captains career. He wasn't at the helm, he didn't give the order but he is held accountable none the less.
ACORN has a very dark and disputed reputation for a very good reason. They earned it.
Of course the bosses are the ones calling the FBI etc. To not do so knowing the facts would make them at least in part a partner to the crimes.
We are not talking about a few isolated cases. We are talking about massive voter fraud.
If I had my way all voters would need to present both voter registration and a photo ID. Would it eliminate all fraud? NO but it would make it a lot harder to commit.
Why is it that so many are against requiring a photo ID?
Why is it that ACORN after all these scandals continues to have the same problems? Because those at the top are not being held accountable..

Old 09-10-2009, 02:46 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,326,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
When I was in the Military we had a saying. Top down. That means that it is the Captain of the ship who is resposible for the actions of his crew when at sea and often on liberty. The ship runs aground or hits another ship? That ends that Captains career. He wasn't at the helm, he didn't give the order but he is held accountable none the less.
So I guess that means you blame Bush for the economic colllapse that occured on his watch (2 separate recessions actually over his 8 year time in office - with this last one being a doozy).

Ken

Old 09-10-2009, 03:01 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,217,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
So I guess that means you blame Bush for the economic colllapse that occured on his watch (2 separate recessions actually over his 8 year time in office - with this last one being a doozy).

Ken
Of course I do. I also blame every elected Rep who was in office at the time. They are not low level managment or floor sweepers. They wrote the bills, passed them into law. They wrote the budgets. They are full blown partners.
Take note I don't call out party affiliation. That is because they are both guilty.
Now I ask you. Do you blame those elected reps who passed into law policies that hurt this nation, write pork into bills?
This last recession happened under a Democrat majority in Congress with Pelosi at the helm. Do you blame her for any of this?

Old 09-10-2009, 03:31 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,711,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesY View Post
Fox news ( along with conservative talk radio) are privately celebrating a victory over halting health care reform.
True democracy at work I say as they are the only alternate voice.

Acorn has been investigated before by Fox via Beck and O'Reilly but just you wait and see what happens now!

I believe that Acorn will crumble and a few people will go down.
There's a few high ranking democrats that have been involved with Acorn.
Mmmmmmmmm. YES, him too

I for one will be watching closely.
Let's hope FOX doesn't back down...Of all the organizations in our country I think this is the most corrupt and maybe one of the most dangerous.

Nita

Old 09-10-2009, 03:52 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,326,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Of course I do. I also blame every elected Rep who was in office at the time. They are not low level managment or floor sweepers. They wrote the bills, passed them into law. They wrote the budgets. They are full blown partners.
Take note I don't call out party affiliation. That is because they are both guilty.
Now I ask you. Do you blame those elected reps who passed into law policies that hurt this nation, write pork into bills?
This last recession happened under a Democrat majority in Congress with Pelosi at the helm. Do you blame her for any of this?
Do I blame the Democratic Congress?
To a degree yeah (I'm no fan of Pelosi - I think she's way too partisan), but the fact remains that the person "in charge" of the country (if anyone is) is the President. He's the person the nation turns to in a crises and the guy who sits behind the big desk. If Congress isn't doing IT'S job, it's HIS job to push them into doing so (as Obama tried to do last night on health care) - and the fact is Bush was asleep at the wheel.

Are there others who share the blame? Of course (including many, many, many of them in the banking community and the real estate and home construction/sales industry). The fact remains however that the single person who had the best chance of forcing action on the problems before they became so enormous was the President (as is usually the case) - and Bush simply dropped the ball until the crises was to big to ignore (at which point he FINALLY took decisive action - but by then much of the damage was already done.)

Ken

Old 09-10-2009, 04:15 PM

7,380 posts, read 15,672,917 times
the buck stops.... in congress.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies