Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2009, 01:06 PM

2,362 posts, read 2,996,482 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
Really? My limit for a new car is aroung $16,000, give or take. And even then I have to think about it.
That's cool. To each's own.

I paid much less than $22,750 since I received an incentive from the corporation I work for. Otherwise I probably wouldn't have considered it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2009, 01:07 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,171,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdevelop2 View Post
Or do you just assume they just have awful taste in cars.
No, but I have noticed most of them that I see have Obama stickers on them. How is it awful taste to drive a fuel efficient car?

Old 09-10-2009, 01:08 PM

9,644 posts, read 9,846,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdevelop2 View Post
Or do you just assume they just have awful taste in cars.
I dont call them anything because I dont care what someone else drives.

Old 09-10-2009, 01:14 PM

4,156 posts, read 11,010,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Personally, I don't like the look of the Prius but I try not to judge someone based solely on the vehicle they drive. Sometimes it's hard I'll admit, to not think someone driving a giant lifted SUV is a douchebag... but I really try not to

My sentiments exactly! However, I would like to tweak JetJockey's above statement in order to apply to myself, as such:

Personally, I drive a Prius, and yeah it does remind me of a suppository in it's bizarre care shape, but getting over 46 miles a gallon on average, means I don't need to sweat the looks of it...

Sometimes it is hard, I'll admit to not laugh at soemone driving a giant lifted SUV into the gas station constantly...and yeah, the word douchebag does come to mind often, but I really try not to think of them that way

Oh yeah and here in California, since I have a Prius with the carpool lane stickers, it's always fun to cruise by the standstill SUV traffic when I have to drive during commute times...

Old 09-10-2009, 01:17 PM

1,065 posts, read 1,756,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
No, I don't. Why would you assume that someone who drives a Prius is a liberal? Is it because you think only liberals are concerned about conserving gas and lowering the amount of pollution in the air?

No, there are plenty of vehicles that conserve gas and limit pollution. But is seems that a lot of libs look at driving the Prius as making a political statement.

I have nothing against saving gas. As soon as Land Rover makes a hybrid vehicle I will be standing in line.

Old 09-10-2009, 01:18 PM

1,065 posts, read 1,756,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViewFromThePeak View Post
Only unsuccessful and resentful people create stereotypes.

Do you mean like you liberals have done for years with people who drive SUVs?

Old 09-10-2009, 01:19 PM

1,020 posts, read 2,532,631 times
Quote:
You can drive in the HOV lane by yourself in a Prius, that's a major incentive here, liberal or non liberal.
It really makes no difference in commute time here in Atlanta... all the lanes are jammed.

Old 09-10-2009, 01:19 PM

507 posts, read 678,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
I equate them to vegetarians - They're trying to make a bold statement but, in reality, nobody really cares.
So many people are vegetarians now that none one really makes a big deal out of it. Most of us are living our lives, and minding our own business. We aren't trying to make some kind of statement about anything, and we don't really care what others think. I most certainly don't.

Back to the question; I would not assume anything because I don't pay attention to cars since I don't drive one. If I did happen to think about it, I would just assume that the person bought the car because he or she liked it and wanted it.

Old 09-10-2009, 01:20 PM

Location: Just East of the Southern Portion of the Western Part of PA
1,272 posts, read 3,707,961 times
I don't think liberal, I think poor taste in cars.

Life is too short to drive a Prius Hybrid.

Old 09-10-2009, 01:22 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,628,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellalunatic View Post

My sentiments exactly! However, I would like to tweak JetJockey's above statement in order to apply to myself, as such:

Personally, I drive a Prius, and yeah it does remind me of a suppository in it's bizarre care shape, but getting over 46 miles a gallon on average, means I don't need to sweat the looks of it...

Sometimes it is hard, I'll admit to not laugh at soemone driving a giant lifted SUV into the gas station constantly...and yeah, the word douchebag does come to mind often, but I really try not to think of them that way

Oh yeah and here in California, since I have a Prius with the carpool lane stickers, it's always fun to cruise by the standstill SUV traffic when I have to drive during commute times...

I live in a college town that is also close to the beach and 4x4 areas (legal or not, they don't care) so we have an overload of horribly lifted SUVs and trucks. Many of them are also horrible and/or inexperienced drivers and it shows.. I like my little car and I'm not going to go out and buy a UniMog to protect myself. Maybe THOSE people should simply learn how to drive correctly and I wouldn't have to worry about being crushed by some A-hole with a METAL MULISHA sticker on his gigantic lifted truck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies